Injury report

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Injury report: Seven players limited
The Packers held center Scott Wells and linebacker Nick Barnett out of most of practice today as a precaution, coach Mike McCarthy told reporters a short time ago.

Wells (glute) and Barnett (hamstring) will be among seven Packers listed as limited when the injury report comes out this afternoon.

Wells "just felt something in practice today. So, we're just being safe," McCarthy said. "Nick's sore, so just being safe with him."

Barnett also missed part of a practice last week because of a sore hamstring.

Also limited were: cornerbacks Will Blackmon (foot) and Charles Woodson (knee), receivers Koren Robinson (knee) and Greg Jennings (groin) and tight end Bubba Franks (knee). Only Blackmon's injury is of any concern.

McCarthy said Blackmon looked "good" but was a little sore. Asked whether Blackmon could play in Sunday's NFC championship game, McCarthy said, "He needs to go through the whole week before we make that call. I'm not comfortable just putting him out there based on -- it's an important game, and I want to see him do it in practice."

How bad was the soreness?

"Nothing major," Blackmon said. "I'm tough."

-- Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Injury report: Seven players limited
The Packers held center Scott Wells and linebacker Nick Barnett out of most of practice today as a precaution, coach Mike McCarthy told reporters a short time ago.

Wells (glute) and Barnett (hamstring) will be among seven Packers listed as limited when the injury report comes out this afternoon.

Wells "just felt something in practice today. So, we're just being safe," McCarthy said. "Nick's sore, so just being safe with him."

Barnett also missed part of a practice last week because of a sore hamstring.

Also limited were: cornerbacks Will Blackmon (foot) and Charles Woodson (knee), receivers Koren Robinson (knee) and Greg Jennings (groin) and tight end Bubba Franks (knee). Only Blackmon's injury is of any concern.

McCarthy said Blackmon looked "good" but was a little sore. Asked whether Blackmon could play in Sunday's NFC championship game, McCarthy said, "He needs to go through the whole week before we make that call. I'm not comfortable just putting him out there based on -- it's an important game, and I want to see him do it in practice."

How bad was the soreness?

"Nothing major," Blackmon said. "I'm tough."

-- Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

The Woodson knee thing bothers me. Wasn't his prior injury a toe injury?
We'll need Woody, especially if we beat the Giants and the Pats beat the Chargers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts