Injuries

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard that Sullivan had a concussion and saw someone limping off. And Deguara? Any others from last night?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that Sullivan had a concussion and saw someone limping off. And Deguara? Any others from last night?

Savage may be the one you're thinking of limping off but he returned. No one in the trenches though, which is a good thing for us.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deguara was helped off late in the game. Savage did return after his.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a feeling Atlanta was going to have a tough time going in without their two starting safeties. Rodgers and Tonyan made very good use of that.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
19 players on the injury report yesterday.
Minnesota listing 7 on their report.

clearly teams are taking a different approach to reporting injuries?

Packers Mgmt sure know how to unnerve their fans.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
19 players on the injury report yesterday.
Minnesota listing 7 on their report.

clearly teams are taking a different approach to reporting injuries?

Packers Mgmt sure know how to unnerve their fans.

Could also be fairly accurate since the Vikings are coming off a bye

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like anything, you can make the numbers fit any agenda.

The Vikings have nine players either on IR (plus Covid & PUP) including several key players such as Anthony Barr, Danielle Hunter, and Pat Elflein. The Packers have four, none of which are key players unless Deguara or Lane Taylor make your list.

We are much healthier than the Vikings in general. They have more serious injuries, we have more banged-up players.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King suffered a set-back with his recovery. He is all but gone after this season. Unless his injury history makes his market value plummet.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/29/packers-cb-kevin-king-suffers-setback-with-quad-injury/

I feel for the guy, he was playing himself into a salty contract. I foresee him possibly back with us now as he is going to get cheaper and cheaper. If I'm Gute I'd offer him an incentive laced 1 year contract - play himself into something or not be out much.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I feel for the guy, he was playing himself into a salty contract. I foresee him possibly back with us now as he is going to get cheaper and cheaper. If I'm Gute I'd offer him an incentive laced 1 year contract - play himself into something or not be out much.
Agree. I mean he isn't that bad when on the field, but he has missed 20 games and counting, I just wouldn't want to have to rely on him as your #2 CB for 2021. This will be a high draft need, unless we see the development of one of the younger guys skyrocket.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. I mean he isn't that bad when on the field, but he has missed 20 games and counting, I just wouldn't want to have to rely on him as your #2 CB for 2021. This will be a high draft need, unless we see the development of one of the younger guys skyrocket.

I still am mad we didn't take a flier on Love in the 3rd or a couple others I liked in Day2 and early Day 3...but honestly I didn't hate any of the Day 3 picks we did too bad. I agree though, 2021 CB is a need, not a desperate need but a need nontheless.

Jackson is getting his chance and I love what I've seen lately from him - he and Sully are holding the flood gates back admirably in King's absence.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Tend to agree. Will depend on who he is competing against on the free agent market but missing an average of 6 games a year isn’t going to get you top offers for even a #2 corner.

edit: when he’s playing, I think King is a top 10 in the league #2 corner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Any word out yet on Packers or 49ers injuries yesterday?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The 49ers should find out today if Garoppolo and Kittle will be playing.
They are also dealing with more injuries at the running back position.

Would be a real bummer if either or both of those guys couldn't play Thursday night. :whistling:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be a real bummer if either or both of those guys couldn't play Thursday night. :whistling:

It sounds like both could be out for a while. I hope we play them on Thursday and they don't move this game to another date. With them being decimated by injuries this might be the best week to face them and get a W out there.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like both could be out for a while. I hope we play them on Thursday and they don't move this game to another date. With them being decimated by injuries this might be the best week to face them and get a W out there.

Garoppolo is out at least 6 to 8 weeks possibly rest of the season. Kittle is likely out for the season with a broken bone in his foot. Also, Samuel has been ruled out for this game.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garoppolo is out at least 6 to 8 weeks possibly rest of the season. Kittle is likely out for the season with a broken bone in his foot. Also, Samuel has been ruled out for this game.

While I firmly believe it is wrong to wish injury on another person is it wrong to be just a little bit happy when they do occur. Maybe happy is not the right word (and maybe it is) but I didn't cause the injuries and I can do nothing about them so if I choose to appreciate the benefits they provide for my team is that so wrong. After all, didn't a wise man once sing about the importance of always looking on the bright side of life.

All of you " I want to beat them at their peak strength" liars can get down off your high horses and admit that you are smiling just a little bit deep down inside when your back is turned and no one is looking.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
19 again on our injury list. Makes me want to puke. Not counting Dillon.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear you, but I think those who are tired of repeatedly making it to the playoffs and getting exposed might prefer either beating teams at peak strength or taking the loss so as not to suffer through this again. I understand the 'just make it and see what happens' philosophy, but, still...

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I hear you, but I think those who are tired of repeatedly making it to the playoffs and getting exposed might prefer either beating teams at peak strength or taking the loss so as not to suffer through this again. I understand the 'just make it and see what happens' philosophy, but, still...
I think it’s odd to want to play teams at full strength when 36% of our roster is injured.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams sure seem to be getting hit harder by injury this season. That's how it seems to me at least. I am sure that teams and the NFLPA will be looking into it, trying to figure out how much is related to Covid inactivity, how much related to shorter training camp, how much related to lack of preseason games, and how much is attributable to just bad luck. Correlation does not necessarily equal causation, but I am sure they will be trying to figure this how for the next CBA agreement.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't expect them to throw it 10 times anyway, does their QB really matter?

Latest posts