Injuries

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Wilkerson the same fat guy that tried to flatten jordy way after the play on the sidelines when he flopped on top of him? The play that MM or someone on the bench got the unsportsmanlike sideline call on them?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Isn't Wilkerson the same fat guy that tried to flatten jordy way after the play on the sidelines when he flopped on top of him? The play that MM or someone on the bench got the unsportsmanlike sideline call on them?

As a gentleman of portly proportions, I take offence to "Fat Guy" comments :D. I keep seeing Mathews nearly decapitating Kaepernick when people mention late tackles. Sorry !

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Heard on the radio a few hrs ago that Mulumba's knee is serious. I would have to assume IR for him if MM or DC said serious. I want Banjo back on this roster if so.
Dont think we need another Safety or LB on the 53. IMO, bring in a big body for the DL or OL b/c we are a injury away from being short- handed at EITHER spot.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I keep seeing Mathews nearly decapitating Kaepernick when people mention late tackles. Sorry !
We’ll have none of that kind of fair-mindedness, Bill!! We’re Packers fanatics – we ignore anything so-called wrong a Packer may do and we exaggerate the hell out of everything wrong our opponents definitely do!!
:D
BTW, Wilkerson would have only been penalized for throwing punches. He was ejected for flailing his arms like a girl - the NFL has a reputation to uphold! (My apologies to any female reading this who knows how to throw a punch.)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We’ll have none of that kind of fair-mindedness, Bill!! We’re Packers fanatics – we ignore anything so-called wrong a Packer may do and we exaggerate the hell out of everything wrong our opponents definitely do!!
:D
BTW, Wilkerson would have only been penalized for throwing punches. He was ejected for flailing his arms like a girl - the NFL has a reputation to uphold! (My apologies to any female reading this who knows how to throw a punch.)

Sorry TJV.....LOL My bad :roflmao:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilkerson has hold of Quarless' facemask first, iirc. Then we grabbed back and he took 3 or 4 punches. Why you punch at someone wearing a helmet is beyond me, but whatever.
Those guys have big old bear paws. It doesn't hurt your hands as much as you'd think unless you're truly throwing a knuckle punch. From someone who also took quite a few punches back in the day, your head rings inside that helmet when you get hit. A good open palmed swing where your hand pads make most of the contact will definitely do something to the opponent.

H

HardRightEdge

This from Tyler Dunne:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/275199021.html

"While Davon House saw extensive action out wide in Green Bay's nickel package, Hayward did not play. Even in its dime package, Green Bay went with veteran Jarrett Bush over Hayward. While the Packers planned on using House regardless, defensive coordinator Dom Capers indicated that Hayward's hamstring -- the one that gave him so much trouble last year -- tightened up."

And from Demovsky:

"Against the Jets, the Packers used Davon House as their No. 3 cornerback, which was in the plans all along. However, Hayward also did not play in the dime (Jarrett Bush got that call) and defensive coordinator Dom Capers said Hayward may have been dealing with a hamstring injury -- the same injury that limited him to three games last season. Yet Hayward still managed to play 11 special-teams snaps."

Sounds to me Capers just preferred Bush to Hayward in dime, strange as that might seem, and whatever hamstring issue there might have been was after the fact. It strains credulity to think a guy can play ST with a hammy issue but not defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Bostick and Casey go out drinking before Lovats amazing and ground breaking full speed saturday walkthrough? They both played only special teams, injuries were mentioned but its not like you go half speed on special teams. You go balls out and the chance of injury is probably heightened on special teams with the directional impact nature of the play. Capers sounds like he was covering for a guy in the doghouse.

It has nothing to do with injuries and I don't even know where to put it but I guess he is part of the medical staff so I will just put it here since i mentioned it above. Lovat changing the practice schedule due to his MM praised "research" has them doing the full speed walk through the day before the game as opposed to 2 days before the game. There was supposedly scientific evidence that they will be less lethargic to start games with this time frame. The Eagles I believe do the same thing as this is a chip kelly deal from his college days. Of the 4 games so far this year 3 of them have been god awful start by the teams using this schedule. The lone other game is the pack/seattle game which was #1 on a thursday and #2 they got the crap beat out of them all game and not just the first 20 minutes.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
This from Tyler Dunne:

"While Davon House saw extensive action out wide in Green Bay's nickel package, Hayward did not play. Even in its dime package, Green Bay went with veteran Jarrett Bush over Hayward. While the Packers planned on using House regardless, defensive coordinator Dom Capers indicated that Hayward's hamstring -- the one that gave him so much trouble last year -- tightened up."

Hayward took zero defensive snaps, but did take 11 special teams snaps. The reason he did not play on D was evidently by design; the hammy does not appear to have been a factor in that regard.

I would have to disagree with this. On D , he would have to back-peddle.....turn left or right using his hips....jump. On ST I think its a little less taxing on the hammy. Not sure why he was even active unless he's real close.

H

HardRightEdge

Did Bostick and Casey go out drinking before Lovats amazing and ground breaking full speed saturday walkthrough? They both played only special teams, injuries were mentioned but its not like you go half speed on special teams. You go balls out and the chance of injury is probably heightened on special teams with the directional impact nature of the play. Capers sounds like he was covering for a guy in the doghouse.

It has nothing to do with injuries and I don't even know where to put it but I guess he is part of the medical staff so I will just put it here since i mentioned it above. Lovat changing the practice schedule due to his MM praised "research" has them doing the full speed walk through the day before the game as opposed to 2 days before the game. There was supposedly scientific evidence that they will be less lethargic to start games with this time frame. The Eagles I believe do the same thing as this is a chip kelly deal from his college days. Of the 4 games so far this year 3 of them have been god awful start by the teams using this schedule. The lone other game is the pack/seattle game which was #1 on a thursday and #2 they got the crap beat out of them all game and not just the first 20 minutes.
I had several hammy pulls back in the day; you feel it when you run...any kind of running. Perhaps Capers did not like a matchup; maybe Hayward failed the pre-game quiz (the Packers do give quizzes); maybe he complained about adjustments or the failure to make such in week one as Woodson did publicly, the proximate cause of his being fired.

Whatever it was, it was not likely that the hamstring kept him off defense when it was not a problem on ST for the first half of the game.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with those who don’t get playing them on STs and not from scrimmage for injury reasons. And it’s not as if they couldn’t use them: Bostic has a chance to be a difference maker in the passing game and if Hayward can recapture the performance from his rookie season he is a playmaker. Perhaps because of the Jets front seven they preferred TE Rodgers and Quarless as blockers over Bostic? I thought House played well and if they like House and Shields on the outside and Tramon at nickel I certainly understand that. Bush over Hayward only makes sense vs. the running game – Bush is the better tackler. Either way the reason they didn't play from scrimmage wouldn't be because of injury. BTW I’d prefer they either rest Hayward or play him from scrimmage.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherrod needed someone to cover his butt all day so I can see having one of the blocking TE's in most of the time but they had some sets with both of them in. Maybe Rodgers doesn't like or trust bostic. I think most of his work last year was done with flynner.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With this weird new Lovat driven practice schedule no one will know anything until right before they get on the plane Saturday. Normally the updated list would be out tomorrow but they do not practice anymore on normal fridays.

Reaction score
All the injuries that Detroit had before and during the game didn't seem to impact their performance.
Yes. Detroit D Just seemed to play us with an intensity we couldn't match. I have to concede that just as in week 1 the better team won(at this point of the season). IMO we have not played to our potential yet. We had no game week 1--We've had the O game week 2--- We had our D on the field for like 37 minutes and held Them to 10 offensive points week 3.
I predict by week 5 we put it all together and were at 4-4 mid season. Then anything goes
I wanted to ad that I think we just played 3 playoff caliber Defenses and are getting ready for a 4th on the road again in 4 weeks. It'll be mostly downhill beginning week 5 At home

Last edited:

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Detroit D Just seemed to play us with an intensity we couldn't match. I have to concede that just as in week 1 the better team won(at this point of the season). IMO we have not played to our potential yet. We had no game week 1--We've had the O game week 2--- We had our D on the field for like 37 minutes and held Them to 10 offensive points week 3.
I predict by week 5 we put it all together and were at 4-4 mid season. Then anything goes
I wanted to ad that I think we just played 3 playoff caliber Defenses and are getting ready for a 4th on the road again in 4 weeks. It'll be mostly downhill beginning week 5 At home
Hope that you are right.

Reaction score
Hope that you are right.
I'm happy to see in Chat Sports article about Tramon Williams response to our position.. MM was quoted as saying exact thing I said above about having a "complete" game. Except that he added special teams play too.
As precarious a position as we hold at 1-2 on the road again. Our season could be " make or break" these next 2 weeks. If we make the mistake of looking back for anything other than how to improve, we stand a chance of being left in the dust.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts