Injuries

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It appears that significant injuries are piling up around the league and other teams appear to be catching up or surpassing our casualty count. Hopefully we'll catch some teams on our schedule short-handed and vulnerable. A little luck this year would be nice especially seeing that the 49ers and Seahawks got beat yesterday.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It feels like bad karma to note other teams misfortunes in the injury department. The footballs gods will find a way to nip any satisfaction "that it's someone else's turn to have a bloated I.R." real quickly! ;)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I've EVER heard of a guy dislocating his ankle, and yesterday there were 2 (RG3 & Nevin Lawson - Lions CB). That's a catastrophic injury, usually resulting in broken bones and ligament tears. Knowshon Moreno dislocated his elbow and will miss multiple games. Desean Jackson injured his shoulder and will probably miss some games, also. A.J. Green has an ongoing turf-toe which might hamper him throughout the season.

Lions look very good, offensively, with the addition of Golden Tate and another stud TE in Ebron (they already had 2 pretty decent ones in Pettigrew & Fauria) who the Packers LB's won't be able to cover :( Their defensive backfield is decimated, so if given time AR should be able to pick them apart in week 3.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see any significant injuries to Packers in our game yesterday, nor did I read about any. Did I miss any or did we come through relatively unscathed?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Hyde was banged up on that punt return....the one where Bostick barrel rolled over a jet into him.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't think Hyde played late but I haven't read/heard of anything about him being injured. BTW, RG3 wasn't hit - or even in contact with a defender when he dislocated his ankle, was he?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard on the radio a few hrs ago that Mulumba's knee is serious. I would have to assume IR for him if MM or DC said serious. I want Banjo back on this roster if so.

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess they could get hubbard off the PS. I thought he was on IR with an injury but he must be ok.

I don´t think there´s any need to move Hubbard from the practice squad to the 53 as the team could activate Jayrone Elliott on game days. Banjo could contribute on special teams.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love to see Elliot in a real game with only 1 job: rush the passer.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The JS blog confirmed that Hyde banged his knee, but that is was just a little sore and swollen and "shouldn't" keep him from playing against Detroit. Mulumba as mentioned is likely headed for IR. Hayward is still dealing with his hamstring for a second straight year. Call me pessimistic but they need to sit him for the year and send him to AR's yoga classes. I sense that he's going to squat on a roster spot all year with the temptation that he'll be healed, but never really will be healthy. I'd rather let him recover, figure out how to keep that thing limber, and use the roster spot for another need. I think that we have solid depth at CB - even though I'd love to have Casey out there.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/275199021.html

Reaction score
So far, the regular season had treated us good for a change. Especially considering the frequency and severity of injuries lately. Fingers crossed. That was a great game, especially us in the south enzone waving goodbye to the ejected Jets lineman as he tried to arm motion 75,000 packer fans to settle down. Yeah right. Lol.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I kind of missed why he was ejected from the game in the first place. What exactly did he do ?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilkerson has hold of Quarless' facemask first, iirc. Then we grabbed back and he took 3 or 4 punches. Why you punch at someone wearing a helmet is beyond me, but whatever.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts