1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Injuries

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PikeBadger, Sep 15, 2014.

1. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +455
    It appears that significant injuries are piling up around the league and other teams appear to be catching up or surpassing our casualty count. Hopefully we'll catch some teams on our schedule short-handed and vulnerable. A little luck this year would be nice especially seeing that the 49ers and Seahawks got beat yesterday.

2. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    It feels like bad karma to note other teams misfortunes in the injury department. The footballs gods will find a way to nip any satisfaction "that it's someone else's turn to have a bloated I.R." real quickly! ;)

3. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +327
    I don't think I've EVER heard of a guy dislocating his ankle, and yesterday there were 2 (RG3 & Nevin Lawson - Lions CB). That's a catastrophic injury, usually resulting in broken bones and ligament tears. Knowshon Moreno dislocated his elbow and will miss multiple games. Desean Jackson injured his shoulder and will probably miss some games, also. A.J. Green has an ongoing turf-toe which might hamper him throughout the season.

Lions look very good, offensively, with the addition of Golden Tate and another stud TE in Ebron (they already had 2 pretty decent ones in Pettigrew & Fauria) who the Packers LB's won't be able to cover :( Their defensive backfield is decimated, so if given time AR should be able to pick them apart in week 3.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    I didn't see any significant injuries to Packers in our game yesterday, nor did I read about any. Did I miss any or did we come through relatively unscathed?

5. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,072
    I thought Hyde was banged up on that punt return....the one where Bostick barrel rolled over a jet into him.

6. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    We've dodged injures thus far.....don't want to jinx it though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    That's right. I did remembering hearing the announcers say that.

8. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    I don't think Hyde played late but I haven't read/heard of anything about him being injured. BTW, RG3 wasn't hit - or even in contact with a defender when he dislocated his ankle, was he?

9. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +327
    No, a non-contact ankle roll that REALLY rolled... did NOT look good at all.

10. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    Agreed. As RG3 fell out of bounds, one could see his left foot at a strange angle. Didn't look good.

11. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +1,232
    The announcers mentioned that Hyde was out "due to a knee injury". That's all they said.

12. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +1,232
  13. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,072
    Heard on the radio a few hrs ago that Mulumba's knee is serious. I would have to assume IR for him if MM or DC said serious. I want Banjo back on this roster if so.

14. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    Banjo strumming? how about another ILB from the scrap heap.

15. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,072
    I guess they could get hubbard off the PS. I thought he was on IR with an injury but he must be ok.

16. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,614
    I don´t think there´s any need to move Hubbard from the practice squad to the 53 as the team could activate Jayrone Elliott on game days. Banjo could contribute on special teams.

17. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Would love to see Elliot in a real game with only 1 job: rush the passer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    The JS blog confirmed that Hyde banged his knee, but that is was just a little sore and swollen and "shouldn't" keep him from playing against Detroit. Mulumba as mentioned is likely headed for IR. Hayward is still dealing with his hamstring for a second straight year. Call me pessimistic but they need to sit him for the year and send him to AR's yoga classes. I sense that he's going to squat on a roster spot all year with the temptation that he'll be healed, but never really will be healthy. I'd rather let him recover, figure out how to keep that thing limber, and use the roster spot for another need. I think that we have solid depth at CB - even though I'd love to have Casey out there.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/275199021.html

19. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +518
    So far, the regular season had treated us good for a change. Especially considering the frequency and severity of injuries lately. Fingers crossed. That was a great game, especially us in the south enzone waving goodbye to the ejected Jets lineman as he tried to arm motion 75,000 packer fans to settle down. Yeah right. Lol.

20. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,014
    I kind of missed why he was ejected from the game in the first place. What exactly did he do ?

21. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    He was punching at other players. You can't punch someone without getting thrown out. Same as in soccer??

22. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Thanks JB. I didn`t see it ;)

23. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +518
    U
    yeah. He threw one to the helmet in a scuffle. I saw a flashback of Detroits Suh for a brief second

• Like Like x 1
  25. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    Wilkerson has hold of Quarless' facemask first, iirc. Then we grabbed back and he took 3 or 4 punches. Why you punch at someone wearing a helmet is beyond me, but whatever.