Injuries

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not all bad news today. Finley got some good news. We need Finley to be healthy. http://www.packerforum.com/f11/early-signs-positive-finley-23261.html

I would hope the most Rogers will miss is one game. I think they usually make you sit one game (week) after a concussion even if the medical staff clears you to play.

I heard on Fox news Matthews will sit out one game as well. Hopefully only one, haven't heard much else! I think we let him rest one game, we got Miami next week and we need Matthews for the rest of the season. He's gonna want to hunt some Favre anyway!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow i didn't realize we had so many walking wounded out there. Maybe we should be counting our stars that we played as well against the skins as we did.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know the injuries are killing us right now,know we lost the game but i think once a-rod gets used to some of the players he will get better d-line they held there own think woodson was trying to do to much that's is why the penalties came,but they need to fix those they came at bad times and gives teams to much opportunity,i think as the season goes on they will toughen up,i still like our chances players attitudes change when it comes playoff time i have faith in our team.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett starting S gone for the year
Grant starting RB gone for the year
Barnett starting LB gone for the year
Jolly Starting Dline gone for the year (not due to injury but still....)
Tauscher starting T OUT Sunday maybe more
Chiller Starting LB Status unknown out Sunday maybe more
Harrell DT gone for the year
Poppinga LB Questionable with a knee injury
Collins S Prob. with a knee injury
Harris CB out 2 more weeks

Anyone see that Pack overcoming this and how do you think we stand now with this rash of injuries... a questionable ground game and horrible ST.

questions, comments, concerns

I'm probably putting all my eggs in a basket, but I'm counting a ton on everyone that's gonna get off the PUP list. Couple that with everyone getting healthy/staying healthy (ie: Finley, Collins, Matthews, Pickett) and we might have an amazing second leg of the regular season! Here's to hoping!

I'm putting my money on Starks showing up as a dependable back!! Was just watching youtube vids of him, and I like what I see...

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Starks gets enough touches to show us what he's got :!
I mean, look at his photo and tell me that's not the face of someone who wants to wreck havoc :p
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok, so I asked this question in the other injury thread. It appears the Packers are going to have trouble fielding 45 men for the next game. Presumably some will get cut and some signed. Of the injured players who should get cut and who should the team get to fill their place?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley out for 8-10 weeks. That puts him at a week 14-16 return in a 17 week league, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him headed to IR soon, especially if we wind up dropping a couple. Hell, Grant was slated for a week 12 return and we IR ed him for the season, so at this point I'd be surprised if they keep Finley.

Safety Derrick Martin- Out for the year on IR for his knee. Not sure the injury, but they were saying it was serious.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok, now I am getting a little nervous. The Patriots lose a guy, they sign another. The Saints lose a running back, they sign another. The Vikings lose a cornerback, they sign another. The Packers lose half their team, they promote guys from the practice squad. Which one doesn't belong? Is our practice squad really THAT good?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, now I am getting a little nervous. The Patriots lose a guy, they sign another. The Saints lose a running back, they sign another. The Vikings lose a cornerback, they sign another. The Packers lose half their team, they promote guys from the practice squad. Which one doesn't belong? Is our practice squad really THAT good?

Guess we are about to find out as it looks like we are not going to be signing anyone from outside the realm of Pack.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted likes his guys young, and raw. He rarely goes for other guys who have been used up. He likes em fresh, like a Josh Bell last year, or a young punter instead of Jon Ryan, or Dimitri Nance instead of a Marshawn Lynch, Brian Westbrook, etc.

He'd never have any use for a guy like LaDanian Tomlinson, Shawne Merriman, Antonio Cromartie, Randy Moss, etc.

That despite THIS:
THE LONGEST WEEK 6 INJURY LIST YOU'LL EVER SEE

A rundown of the significant injuries in Green Bay already this season:

Player Injury Comments

LB Nick Barnett wrist Likely out for season
S Atari Bigby ankle On PUP list
S Morgan Burnett knee Out for season
LB Brandon Chillar shoulder Has missed two weeks
TE Jermichael Finley knee Likely out for season
DL Justin Harrell knee Out for season
CB Al Harris knee On PUP list
TE Donald Lee chest sprain Likely to miss a game or more
RB Ryan Grant ankle Out for season
S Derrick Martin knee Out for season
LB Clay Matthews hamstring Sunday status uncertain
DL Ryan Pickett ankle Sunday status uncertain
QB Aaron Rodgers concussion Sunday status uncertain
CB Sam Shields calf Has missed two games
RT Mark Tauscher shoulder In midst of 2-4 week absence

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ted likes his guys young, and raw. He rarely goes for other guys who have been used up. He likes em fresh, like a Josh Bell last year, or a young punter instead of Jon Ryan, or Dimitri Nance instead of a Marshawn Lynch, Brian Westbrook, etc.

He'd never have any use for a guy like LaDanian Tomlinson, Shawne Merriman, Antonio Cromartie, Randy Moss, etc.

That despite THIS:
THE LONGEST WEEK 6 INJURY LIST YOU'LL EVER SEE

A rundown of the significant injuries in Green Bay already this season:

Player Injury Comments

LB Nick Barnett wrist Likely out for season
S Atari Bigby ankle On PUP list
S Morgan Burnett knee Out for season
LB Brandon Chillar shoulder Has missed two weeks
TE Jermichael Finley knee Likely out for season
DL Justin Harrell knee Out for season
CB Al Harris knee On PUP list
TE Donald Lee chest sprain Likely to miss a game or more
RB Ryan Grant ankle Out for season
S Derrick Martin knee Out for season
LB Clay Matthews hamstring Sunday status uncertain
DL Ryan Pickett ankle Sunday status uncertain
QB Aaron Rodgers concussion Sunday status uncertain
CB Sam Shields calf Has missed two games
RT Mark Tauscher shoulder In midst of 2-4 week absence

Does anyone else think maybe the Packers need to take a long look at either a. their training regimen or b. their training staff?
32f32c83-99a6-4df5-ad5d-f1d9cefaf0b7

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts