Injuries

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett starting S gone for the year
Grant starting RB gone for the year
Barnett starting LB gone for the year
Jolly Starting Dline gone for the year (not due to injury but still....)
Tauscher starting T OUT Sunday maybe more
Chiller Starting LB Status unknown out Sunday maybe more
Harrell DT gone for the year
Poppinga LB Questionable with a knee injury
Collins S Prob. with a knee injury
Harris CB out 2 more weeks

Anyone see that Pack overcoming this and how do you think we stand now with this rash of injuries... a questionable ground game and horrible ST.

questions, comments, concerns

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I see Tauscher's injury as a plus. Not that I would want him to be harmed, but it'll be good to get Lang in there finally.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that TJ Lang has already proven he can play either Tackle position...I expect him to have one of those 2 jobs by mid-season eventually just outplaying the aging Taush

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
You left Bigby off your list.

I usually don't mind a few injuries but when they are season ending and then the back-up gets injured I start to worry. These season enders need the roster spots filled!

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems the injury bug hit the Pack hard so for this year. I think that overcoming injuries like this is part of what separates a great football team from a good football team. The guys behind those who have been injured have to feel that this is a "golden opportunity" for them to step up and play well.

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You left Bigby off your list.

I usually don't mind a few injuries but when they are season ending and then the back-up gets injured I start to worry. These season enders need the roster spots filled!

Yeah... I forgot about a few guys but ITS A LONG *** LIST for week 5!

The Secondary injuries worry me.... I mean, Chuck can't do it all!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the ammount of injuries, I've lowered my expectations considerably.

I still think we can reach the playoffs, but I think in no way we can get a bye. We can still win the division, though.

We CAN win the SB with this ammount of injuries, but the same way we had too much bad luck with injuries, it'll take not only an herculean effort from EVERYBODY on the team, from the starts to the part time players, but also some damn luck in our favor, some calls to go our way, the ball to bounce our way on a fumble, some ints to be dropped, etc...

Talent, even with the ammount of injuries, we still have. But we're not the most talented team, right now. We may not even be in the top 10 anymore.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that injuries have hit the Packers hard every season for the last few years. I know some players may be injury prone but I think it may also have to do with strength and conditioning coaching. I know that professional athletic teams have access to insane medical resources but I think a lot has been lost over the last decade or so in terms of conditioning. I know players are bigger, stronger, and faster. Yet players also don't play as much, hold out, miss offseason programs, and all kinds of other stuff. I know a lot of injuries cannot be avaoided, I just think it is something more teams should look into, especially the Packers.

Majik

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sick of the injuries as well. I hope they get to the bye with a winning record, maybe get "healthy" (even though the IR list is long). It's a tough 4 games (after this week).

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss of Barnett will be difficult to overcome, the play-offs are still a possibility, mainly because the NFC doesn't seem that strong this year.

Majik

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we just lost Finley, Pickett and Lee in the first quarter so far. Nice.

EauClaire_Jetfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am watching the game and have never seen so many injurys in the first few minutes of a game. I thought we were banged up but you guys have us beat.

Nana

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was an issue last year too. Many many many injuries.

In fact there have been a lot of injuries around the NFL this year. I don't know if this is coaching staff being 'safe' with their players, technology better able to diagnose these injuries, players being kind of wimpy (anyone read Lombardi's biography? Seemed to me like you had to be near death before he didn't expect you to suit up and play) or bad conditioning programs and skipping preseasons.

Could all these injuries be related to inadequate warm ups?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
This is like a repeat of last year's bad dream. Is there something going on with the training? Is it ineffective? Do we have glass players? Or just bad luck year after year?

Can't win in the NFL with 3rd stringers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am hoping for every single starting QB to get injuried, and every single great defensive player not on the Packers to get injuried. A terrible thing? Yes. But we need the play field leveled.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The bane of our season. Seriously? If our season is shot, it's because our players can't stay healthy. Is there a solution to this? We've just lost too many players for the season, it's putting a lot on our real playmakers and now they're getting hurt. Is there a solution to this? Conditioning? I don't know.

Members online

Latest posts