Ingle Martins name. . .

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JSOnline:
There's quarterback Ingle Martin, the fifth-round pick out of Furman.

Ingle.

A reporter called Martin on Wednesday to ask him how be came by his unusual first name.

The 6-2, 220-pound signal-caller who has a good chance to become a Packers reserve, told the reporter that Ingle is really his middle name.

His full name is Harry Ingle Martin IV, he said.

When asked how he got the Ingle part, he was slightly fuzzy about the details, so he put his dad on the phone.

"His great grandfather was the ninth son," said Harry Martin III, about IV. "And he was from a little town near Nashville (Tenn.) called Goodlettsville. We feel pretty sure there was a Presbyterian minister whose last name was Ingle. We have some Scottish heritage and that's a word in Scotland for 'little fire' or 'little flame.' "

Now this is the kind of thing Packers fans work with - a "Braveheart" leader.

And what better way to ignite an offense than with an Ingle?

Raging fires often start from just a single Ingle.

he put his dad on the phone.

.. . . . . . . I love this kid. He is hilarious. He punts for fun...and he...puts his dad on the phone during interviews. LOL!

Reaction score
That is some good stuff Trom. I love the personality of this years draft class, they are really down to earth and good kids! :D

But putting your dad on the phone during an interview.... thats classic! :lol:

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can vision it now... Ingle breaking each huddle with:

"Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take..."

How could you expect anything less from a guy named Ingle.

Of course, I can also envision Tausher rolling his eyes and saying, "Oh **** -- not another delay of game penalty." 8)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
I can vision it now... Ingle breaking each huddle with:

"Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take..."

How could you expect anything less from a guy named Ingle.

Of course, I can also envision Tausher rolling his eyes and saying, "Oh **** -- not another delay of game penalty." 8)

:lol: :lol: I was picturing Chad Clifton false starting before he even gets to "you may die....".

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is endless possibilites for the coolest nicknames in football with this kid.

"LITTLE FIRE" TAKES THE SNAP

but seriously with a name like ingle who needs a nickname

But as far as names go.... it doesnt get much better than an old school type linebacker named HAWK.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
his name is Harry for christ sake..

He doesn't answer to Harry,thats what his father is called. You need Ingle Martin 101 class.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce Bruce Bruce Bruce,
You forgot to roll your "R's" in your little speak. With a name like Bruce ye got to think like the The Bruce man. :thumbsup:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't that Danny White of the Cowboys back in the 80's?
Or at least until Roger Staubach retired. They wouldn't let him punt after he became the starting QB.
I think he was a better punter than QB but it is hard to replace a legend as Rodgers & Co will see next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts