Incompetent vs. Incompetent

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's good that the Packers won today, but did anyone else think that this was one of the worst football games ever? It looked like 1970s vintage Lions vs. Packers. Absolutely putrid on both sides of the ball. When the worst team in the NFL comes into your stadium, the game should not be decided in the final minutes.

To make matters worse, the officiating and the announcing was also putrid. Donald Driver had a great catch overturned on a replay even though the replay was inconclusive at best, though it looked to me like the replay PROVED that Driver caught the ball.

Anyway, back to the game: The tight ends were horrible. Bubba was his usual non-factor while Martin and Lee each had drops. Favre played well for awhile, then his patience seemed to wear thin and he made a couple of bad throws that were very costly. Tony Moll was horrendous, committing at least two false start penalties and blowing several blocking assignments.

The players who saved our bacon today were, as usual, Donald Driver, Al Harris (he limited Roy Williams to one catch for 11 yards), and Charles Woodson. Aaron Kampman and Cullen Jenkins also deserve special mention.

But man, this team has a long ways to go.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
It's good that the Packers won today, but did anyone else think that this was one of the worst football games ever? It looked like 1970s vintage Lions vs. Packers. Absolutely putrid on both sides of the ball. When the worst team in the NFL comes into your stadium, the game should not be decided in the final minutes.

To make matters worse, the officiating and the announcing was also putrid. Donald Driver had a great catch overturned on a replay even though the replay was inconclusive at best, though it looked to me like the replay PROVED that Driver caught the ball.

Anyway, back to the game: The tight ends were horrible. Bubba was his usual non-factor while Martin and Lee each had drops. Favre played well for awhile, then his patience seemed to wear thin and he made a couple of bad throws that were very costly. Tony Moll was horrendous, committing at least two false start penalties and blowing several blocking assignments.

The players who saved our bacon today were, as usual, Donald Driver, Al Harris (he limited Roy Williams to one catch for 11 yards), and Charles Woodson. Aaron Kampman and Cullen Jenkins also deserve special mention.

as compared to having a field day just last week to a team that WAS very much in playoff hunt on the road.

For the most part this team is young and plays like it..that is way you have a game like last week then have a game like this today..

Once next seaosn comes, I firmly believe that this team will play more consistent week in and week out

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as compared to having a field day just last week to a team that WAS very much in playoff hunt on the road.

For the most part this team is young and plays like it..that is way you have a game like last week then have a game like this today..

Once next seaosn comes, I firmly believe that this team will play more consistent week in and week out

Well, I hope so too. I do believe they will be better. Still, the Lions were ripe for the picking today, having absolutely no running game, only one decent receiver, one of the worst O-lines in the league, and a defense that is average even when healthy, which it was not. The Packers should've stuck it to 'em in the first half today and put them out of their misery.

I hate to be so negative after a win, but another dishonorable mention goes to Jon Ryan, whose poor punting continues to cost the Packers huge chunks of field position.

Okay, I think I've got it all out of my system. I'll try and be positive from now on. The Vikings are coming to town next week--er, this week, actually. Thursday night.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was ugly but a win is a win. The Defense won us this game. They played very solid today. I thought the pass rush was amazing and Woodson and Harris made key plays. Overall though I was not impressed but it's good to get the W.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too am happy we won. As Irv Favre used to say, "a win is a win dammit." But the truth is, the one common demoninator in their games at Lambeau is that their focus is so bad. Dropped balls like we had today where the pass hits you right in the hands, well, that's just lack of focus. Jumping offsides, that's lack of concentration and focus. I believe that stuff can be fixed, but the bottom line to fixing it is that you have to have some consequences for that kind of bad play. If there are no consequences, that type of play continues. Ask Mike Sherman what happens when there are no consequences, you don't keep your job.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Yes, this game even though a win did not leave a good taste. It was more we won because they played worse.

Jenkins had a good game. So did Kampman, Woodson, Harris, Driver, and Morency. But the rest of our team stunk, especially our TEs. The Lions just stunk more.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I care, because if we play like this on Thursday night against a better team, we're going to get blown out again in Lambeau. This is a team that only has to improve it's focus. We're not a team blessed with great talent so when every player doesn't focus, bad stuff just happens.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Green did not run very well today. Missed alot of reads and looked a little slow.

And did anyone else see Barnett consistantly getting lost in coverage. I know they were crossing recievers in the middle but man he got beat alot.

Members online

Latest posts