Incompetent Officiating

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look again. Bush runs into the reciever and knocks him out of bounds BEFORE he looks back for the ball. PI

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is just going to get everyone's ******* in a *** but, isn't it possible that the refs know the rules and how to interput them better than us?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is just going to get everyone's ******* in a *** but, isn't it possible that the refs know the rules and how to interput them better than us?

No.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the PI on the play was a good call. I didnt think that Bush was making a play on the ball. He turned and then went into the receiver to impede him.

What I didn't understand on that play was that I thought PI was a spot foul. Didnt the interference occur where the bump occured, not 15 yards down the field where the catch happened?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I felt he did cause interference as he bumped into the reciever knocking him out of bounds. It wasn't untill after contact that he looked back for the ball.

Heather, so much of officiating is judgement. Not all is the same. things like blocking from behind is illegal but from the side is legal. Well, where exactly do you differentiate the two? And depending on your angle of view where is the fine line?

Show ten people something relaly quick and you are likely to hear 10 different viewpoints. It is not an exact science.

Favre's fumble on the field was not called a fumble on the field. So there had to be conclusive evidence that it was funbled and recovered by the opposition for it to be over ruled. There wasn't conclusive evidence.

I totally get that and thanks for explaining it to me. :) I know that the refs are right there and cant be perfect all the time. Gosh the plays happen so fast they have to have a good eye just calling a game. So you think that call was okay to make. The guy was out of bounds, so to me it would have been an incomplete pass right? Or did we not see something that they did, guess I totally didnt understand the call, but I did see the replay.

FrozenTundra1979

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would have stayed in if Bush hadn't made contact, Bush did a good job to make that sideline as narrow as possible. He is definitely learning a thing or two from Harris. The side judge determined that he either made contact before looking for the ball, or even if he was looking the ball, that he wasn't making a play on the ball at the time of the contact.

4thand26 - yeah, I don't know how they get the ball at the 7 instead of the 19 or 20 where the foul apparently happened. It is indeed a spot foul.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think those refs quickly went over to the Browns-Ravens game and made the "Alfonse and Gaston" call of the year. :shock: Now that was a Three Stooges routine if I ever saw one. :lol:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would have stayed in if Bush hadn't made contact, Bush did a good job to make that sideline as narrow as possible. He is definitely learning a thing or two from Harris. The side judge determined that he either made contact before looking for the ball, or even if he was looking the ball, that he wasn't making a play on the ball at the time of the contact.

4thand26 - yeah, I don't know how they get the ball at the 7 instead of the 19 or 20 where the foul apparently happened. It is indeed a spot foul.

Oh I see now, sorry takes me awhile. lol. I think to that he is learning from Harris, very physical player I love it.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the PI on the play was a good call. I didnt think that Bush was making a play on the ball. He turned and then went into the receiver to impede him.

What I didn't understand on that play was that I thought PI was a spot foul. Didnt the interference occur where the bump occured, not 15 yards down the field where the catch happened?

YOU also noticed the spot was wrong!

So did I... 2 mess ups on the same play. May be the Favre fumble call was a make up call for this one.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

So did I... 2 mess ups on the same play. May be the Favre fumble call was a make up call for this one.

But they even screwed THAT up. It shoulda been Panthers ball, but they couldn't tell who got the ball....somehow...even though everyone else in the world seen it.

Bad officiating is bad officiating, be it for GB or against GB (although throughout the season, its been against GB mostly. Hope it evens out, or better yet...bad calls just stop. Robot officials are needed. That's the future. Robots)

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
4thand26 said:

But they even screwed THAT up. It shoulda been Panthers ball, but they couldn't tell who got the ball....somehow...even though everyone else in the world seen it.

Bad officiating is bad officiating, be it for GB or against GB (although throughout the season, its been against GB mostly. Hope it evens out, or better yet...bad calls just stop. Robot officials are needed. That's the future. Robots)

You and I are saying the same thing. I am just saying that the Favre's non fumble call(That whole scenario) was a make up call for the snafu that was the pass interference against Bush.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Obi1 said:
4thand26 said:

You and I are saying the same thing. I am just saying that the Favre's non fumble call(That whole scenario) was a make up call for the snafu that was the pass interference against Bush.

I some how have to believe that there was a camera angle that they didn't show on tv that the ref had access to. There is NO way that it was as simple as it looked. Perhaps Peppers and a Packer both had 2 hands equally on the ball for a couple of seconds, and then the packer just stopped because the wistle had blown. Is there a web site where the NFL posts explainations of calls???

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When the referee comes back from the review he says "ball will be placed at the spot of the foul. They're just idiots, I guess. :shrug:

hamkins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think those refs quickly went over to the Browns-Ravens game and made the "Alfonse and Gaston" call of the year. :shock: Now that was a Three Stooges routine if I ever saw one. :lol:

I don't understand all the dumping on the refs. They made the right PI call on Bush, and they made the the right call in the Browns-Ravens game on the field goal. Are you saying the Browns field goal wasn't good?

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand all the dumping on the refs. They made the right PI call on Bush

No they didn't, if they did the ball would have been placed around the 20 yard line and not on the 7. There was no interference on the catch only on the pushout. A 13 yard gift complements of the zebras.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Dang *******........i HATE when they do that!!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but the Lions game was the epitome of bad officiating.

I thought the PI on Bigby at the 2 was a bad call. Otherwise, I didnt see anything out of the normal. We have to remember, as fans we get the benefit of 3 camera angles. These guys are making the decisions realtime...

Scythe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
axelred13 said:
Not to beat a dead horse, but the Lions game was the epitome of bad officiating.

I thought the PI on Bigby at the 2 was a bad call. Otherwise, I didnt see anything out of the normal. We have to remember, as fans we get the benefit of 3 camera angles. These guys are making the decisions realtime...

Yeah I didn't think the officiating was that bad outside of the PI on Bigby.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A ton of holding in the Lions game. Almost none of them called.

Obvious Offensive PI on the lions not called early in the game. The reciever did not catch it but he shoved Bush right past him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there were some PIs not called against Driver\GJ, and CJ offensive PI'd against bush, but he didnt catch it anyway so it works out I guess.

Members online

Latest posts