In The Year 2028

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the year 2028.

You are sitting with your children and or grand-children at your Thanksgiving family day gathering.

You are being the boring old person who is always talking about the good old days, and the past, as far as the kids are concerned. You are telling all the kids about when Brett Favre was the Q.B. of the Packers.

One of the older children asks:

" Pappa: If you had to pick Just One Thing, Only One. about Brett Favre that made him so great, what would that one thing be?"

What do you tell that wide eyed child?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tell him that when things got tough, Brett stayed in no matter what. When obstacles got in his way, he overcame them. He never quit on that field and always gave it his all.

And because of that never-say-die attitude, he holds all the records(well most).

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I would tell them, I would give Brett what I consider to be the greatest complement.

If I had the ability and opportunity to play pro football, I would want to play with the same enthusiasm and respect, and give the same effort that Brett has for his entire career.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's nothing like someone who does anything with passion, whether it's football, music, cooking, or anything. I think Favre will be remembered for the intensity he played with, how much he loved playing.

Great topic by the way.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's nothing like someone who does anything with passion, whether it's football, music, cooking, or anything. I think Favre will be remembered for the intensity he played with, how much he loved playing.

Great topic by the way.

Exactly right.
His passion for the game drove him to the greatness that he achieved. When the passion is gone, so will Brett Favre.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Definately for the passion, desire and the fun he brought to the football game, I can count on less than one hand of games that I didn't think Brett was fully committed in. Always full throttle and never forgot that in the end it was just a game.

Whether he is considered the best of all time or not, that passion for the game could never be questioned.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definately for the passion, desire and the fun he brought to the football game, I can count on less than one hand of games that I didn't think Brett was fully committed in. Always full throttle and never forgot that in the end it was just a game.

Whether he is considered the best of all time or not, that passion for the game could never be questioned.

I agree w/all of this and he seems like a pretty good guy and a class act.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, first and foremost is the child like love he has for the game. It's like he reverts on the football field, to a kid playing on a playground. It makes it that much more fun to watch him.
I HOPE he wins one more SB before he rides off.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the year 2028 I will think this about Brett Favre:

is this gonna be his final year or will he make another run in 2029?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trying to be a name dropper or anything, but this is what I will tell them.

I sat across the table and watched Brett spend time with a little boy who was dying of cancer. As he talked to little christopher, he noticed that christophers shoe was untied. Without missing a beat, he leaned over, and tied Christopher's shoe as only a loving parent does. It was a simple yet amazing gesture and insight into his humbleness and caring characteristic as a person.

Brett has a very clear understanding of what is most important in life. Football is not it.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will remember Brett for being the toughest man in the history of sports.

A True warrior in the class of Lance Armstrong, John McClain(DieHard), Rambo, and Miyamoto Musashi.

Brett's story is as poignant as any of these.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trying to be a name dropper or anything, but this is what I will tell them.

I sat across the table and watched Brett spend time with a little boy who was dying of cancer. As he talked to little christopher, he noticed that christophers shoe was untied. Without missing a beat, he leaned over, and tied Christopher's shoe as only a loving parent does. It was a simple yet amazing gesture and insight into his humbleness and caring characteristic as a person.

Brett has a very clear understanding of what is most important in life. Football is not it.

That has bought tears to my eyes.

Thank you for sharing...

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be 84 years old and probably won't remember Brett Favre from Ringo Starr....or Bart! :shock: I'll probably tell my grandkids or great-grandkids to get off their lazy butts, shovel my driveway and quit mooching off their parents and get a job. :lol:

Then I'll tell them about some guy who played for the Packers who wore #4, or was it #15..doesn't matter anyway...that could put a pass through the eye of a needle at 40 yards, break receivers fingers with his "touch" passes, and played 35 years without missing a game.

And if they don't believe that, I'll whomp em upside the head with my cane! :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be 84 years old and probably won't remember Brett Favre from Ringo Starr....or Bart! :shock: I'll probably tell my grandkids or great-grandkids to get off their lazy butts, shovel my driveway and quit mooching off their parents and get a job. :lol:

Then I'll tell them about some guy who played for the Packers who wore #4, or was it #15..doesn't matter anyway...that could put a pass through the eye of a needle at 40 yards, break receivers fingers with his "touch" passes, and played 35 years without missing a game.

And if they don't believe that, I'll whomp em upside the head with my cane! :wink:
(While yelling at them "And STAY OFF THE LAWN!!!") :wink: :lol:

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

will they then "moo" and get out of the way?

Members online

Latest posts