In the NFL draft the Packers pick .....

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the fifth pick in the NFL draft the Green Bay Packers pick ....

LB A. J. Hawk from The Ohio State University

Everything I see tells me this. Our biggest need, Mario may be gone, and less of a risk than anyone else at this point. Jets should take Ferguson which means they will take Mario.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1--Texans--R. Bush
2--Saints--D'Brickshaw Ferguson
3--Titans--Vince Young
4--Jets--Jay Cutler
5--Packers--Mario Williams

My top 5 picks...

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vince Young to Titans when he is dropping in value and Leinart is still #1 QB who was coached by Titan offense coordinator Norm Chow in college. Get real.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Vince Young to Titans when he is dropping in value and Leinart is still #1 QB who was coached by Titan offense coordinator Norm Chow in college. Get real.

The Titans have expressed interest in Young, he's a mobile quarterback similar to Steve McNair with more speed. Opinions are like you know what, and because you disagree with mine doesn't make mine obsolete.

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I meant no disrespect but believe you are way off base. I doubt Young is a top ten pick anymore. Unless it is the raiders at #7. The offense Chow runs will be the same as at USC with Leinart.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:
1--Texans--R. Bush
2--Saints--D'Brickshaw Ferguson
3--Titans--Vince Young
4--Jets--Jay Cutler
5--Packers--Mario Williams

My top 5 picks...

If Leinart is available we will trade down!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depack,
I agree. If Leinart is available we will trade the pick. I did see one draft where we actually picked him.

I guess if this scenario presents itself we will see the true faith the staff has in Rodgers as our next leader.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jay Cutler isn't going to be a top 10 pick. Leinhart and Young will both go before him. I still think that even if Mario is still available we should take Hawk or trade down and get a different linebacker like Ryans or Greenway and fill other needs with extra picks.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Leinart already knows Tennessee's offense and would probably be their pick. He's the consenus #1 QB. He's not the one falling. Vince Young is the one falling..

1. Texans - Bush
2. Saints - Mario Williams
3. Titans - Leinart
4. Jets - D'Brick
5. Packers - Hawk

Cutler is a top 10 pick. Where were you the past couple of months. Cutler will go to the Raiders at #7 or someone will trade up to get him in the top 10. Young will go to the Raiders at #7 or could even fall to the Cards at #10 which would be ridiculous/

Cajed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Porky88. Young is falling in the draft. Leinhart is in my opinion the best with Cutler 2nd best who should go around round 10. :p

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt VY has fallen that much if any. This kind of talk always comes up as it gets closer to draft day. It's all just to dissuade teams from trading up to get a certain player. Happens every year.

EDIT How many of you would have taken VY the day after the Rose Bowl? He's still the same player....

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most Running quaterbacks have had little success in the nfl or they are always hurt.
Michael Vick- Always hurt and not a very good passer
Aaron Brooks- Not very good either
Daunte Culpepper- Did good for awhile then had awful season and got hurt
Donovan McNabb- Good but hurt this year
Bryon Leftwich- Hurt this year
Steve McNair- Hurt alot
and if you concider Ben Roethlisberger a runner- Also hurt this year

Not all the quaterbacks listed are runners but do often scramble and it has led them to getting hurt alot and there not always that good it is a lot differnt when you are a qb and run around in college to when you are a qb and run around in the pros

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No they arent but the fact is when they run around the feild the chance of getting hurt is a lot higher then a pocket QB, and plus is a Michael Vick known for his passing, I dont think so and why because he sucks at passing?

If you are a QB and are a better runner then you are a passer then that is a problem.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think Vince Young goes #7 to the Raiders. He's my #2. I think Young needs a year or two to learn behind a QB like a Brooks and then come in.

Cutler could go as high as #4 to the Jets or as low as #10 to the Cards.

I also heard the Bills were shopping JP Losman around now so they may be looking at QB.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler is more of a project than Leinhart and Young. Cutler played his college ball for a non major team that had a losing record. No way is he going before Vince Young. I don't think Vince Young is amazing, but Cutler is vastly overrated. When you are the leader of a college team that doesn't win you aren't going to be a top ten pick.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Cutler is more of a project than Leinhart and Young. Cutler played his college ball for a non major team that had a losing record. No way is he going before Vince Young. I don't think Vince Young is amazing, but Cutler is vastly overrated. When you are the leader of a college team that doesn't win you aren't going to be a top ten pick.

Really I think John Elway who never went to a Bowl Game would beg to differ.. :wink:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Oh and Cutler was runner up in the Heisman his senior year too?

Cutler has all the physical tools.. I'm not saying he should be the top QB. He's my #3 behind both young and Leinart but he's certainly worthy of a top 10 pick with the workouts he's put in. His pro day was very good.. If it's all about what your numbers are on the field then Ken Dorsey would of gone top 5 instead of 7th round. Steve McNair also went top 3 and he went to a very small school.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying he doesn't have the physical tools. I'm not saying he looked bad at the workouts. He is very impressive, but I just don't think he is as much of a finished product because he didn't go to a major football school. Young has a leg up because he was a heisman runner up and has a NCAA championship under his belt. He has more experience playing against some of the best players in college football. I see Cutler as somebody who is good for a team to develop over like 4 or 5 years, not a top ten pick that is expected to start in a year or two. Throwing well in workouts is one thing but running an entire offense is something else entirely and Young is more prepared.

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NONE OF THE TEAMS IN THE TOP 4 NEED A D END!!!!!
My top 5
1. Houston - Bush
2. Saints - Leinart
3. Titans - Young
4. Jets - Ferguson
5. DA PACK!!! - Williams

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to have Young, Leinhart, Williams, Hawk or whoever is the best player at that pick. Picking for need is ok, but I say pick the best player, no matter what position. It doesn't hurt to have 2 potential young QB's in the stock pile. Future trade bait? Brese and Rivers situation. Get a "top" pick for what's his name...oh yeah walker.

Members online

Latest posts