1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

In paper today Nick Barnett

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Heatherthepackgirl, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nick Barnett is suppose to be at his High School today in Fontana, only 2 minutes from my house. So my son and I are leaving soon, I will let you know what happens. Hes going to be there for a meet and greet, so I am hoping to get his autograph on a miniature helmet that I have also to take pictures. I am excited.

2. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    We went, but it looked funny because they were setting up food and lots of tables, so we went inside just to inquire about it, they said that Nick Barnett just landed at LAX in Los Angeles and that he is running behind, then we talked to someone that was really rude, we just wanted to know if it was a meet and greet, was he going to talk. She said it was for his family, I said then why was it in the news paper, she told us to wait outside while they were setting up, she wasnt nice about it either, I said well if its for his family then I want to know and we would go home, she pointed again to go outside. So we left, I will wait til Ed comes home tonight and we will run back over there, it looks to be along meet a greet so maybe if we are lucky he will still be there.

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    what happened? did you slap her?

did you ask Barnett to slap her? i bet he would've if you asked nice enough..

4. Sadie

Sadie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nick Barnett is a beast. I love that guy. Hopefully you got to meet him

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Geez....why would they list it as such if it wasn't? Doesn't make sense.
    You should have dressed as a waitress and snuck in!
    Did you finally get to see him? If so, you should have told him how RUDE the "help" was!

6. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Very disappointing that you were treated like that. Was this an official Packers event? If so, you should email the PR department and let them know what your experience was.

7. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The only mention of it was a paragraph in the local paper's sports page that I told her about. One of the columnists briefly mentioned "want to meet an NFL star? Nick Barnett will be holding a meet and greet..."

A follow-up article today about the event said that he was the first inductee into his High School's Ring of Honor and that's what the event was for. Seems it was put together very last minute. My guess is that the newpaper columnist just didn't have all the info - whether it was invitation only or public.

Still - I told Heather to write a sappy whiny letter to Nick so maybe he'd feel bad and send her something :D

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You have nothing to lose Edder. Who knows....maybe Barnett will send her something for her trouble.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed with Nodak.
    There's no reason for you to receive this crappy attitude, especially if it was an official Packers event. That's not a good way to keep fans.

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Photocopy the article too and date it and note what paper it came from and include that in the letter to Nick.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    GREAT point!
    That way he will KNOW you arn't just making it up.

12. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    I was a little disappointed, being it was in the newspaper the way it was stated I thought it was a public thing, and even talking to the high school coach who was very nice he didnt say it wasnt for the public all he told me was that Barnett was running late so I thought it was okay to stay until I went into the place and there is where I ran across some workers setting things up. I dont think they knew what was going on, I wished I would have stayed now, but I just didnt know what to do so we left. But I am going to write a letter to Nick Barnett, does anyone know how to get his address, I know somewhere in the Packers website I would think. I dont care if he sends me anything I just want him to know how I was treated there. I was just a fan that wanted to meet and get his autograph that was all. OH yeah and a few pictures..LOL...but I would have just been happy to meet him is all, would have been so cool. Oh well things happen for a reason.

I didnt keep the paper it was in so I cant send it. :(

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Attention: Nick Barnett
    Green Bay Packers
    P.O. BOX 10628
    Green Bay, WI 54307-0628

14. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
  15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heather - keep us posted. I hope something good comes from this.

16. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0

I sure will Zombie!!! I will probably write the letter this Tuesday since its my only day off to do it. But for sure will keep you guys posted.. :)