1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

In Memory of Jasmine

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Kitten, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Hey guys, I just wanted you all to know, in case I act a little weird or am not on here as much, it's because yesterday afternoon, my beloved cat of 16-17 years, passed away. She had been doing real well, then all of a sudden I noticed her meowing as if she was in pain, so I went to check her out and noticed she couldn't use her back legs at all. An hour later, on the way to the emergency vet, Jasmine died in my arms. Words cannot express what I feel, I loved Jasmine in a way I've never loved a human. She has touched my soul and has been there for me in many a dark time. I'm doing OK, I guess but it is going to take me some time. I keep crying all the time. I had a hard time sleeping last night, she used to sleep with me in my bed and not having her there was just so hard. I had a hard time getting up this morning.

Here is an odd thing about Jasmine, I got her in 1996, the year the Packers won the SB, wouldn't it be ironic if the Packers won the SB next in the year she died?

I dunno, I just miss her so much. I'll be OK in time, I know how to deal with grief very well. It's hardest to have that disruption of my daily routine, not feeding her and holding her every day. It's going to take some time getting used to.

Just wanted you all to know in case I act a bit off.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Sorry to hear that...I know how hard it is to lose a pet...They really are like part of the family..

Maybe she will be giving the Pack good luck next week..

3. dantastic

dantastic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    Sorry to hear Kitten. :(

We had to put our dog, Lola, down a few months ago. So I can appreciate where you're at. It's tough.
    It's hard to believe how those little fuzzballs can really work their way into your heart. They sure do though.
    Hang in there :)

Dan

4. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Kitten, losing my dog was one of the hardest things I've ever been through. We, too, were exceptionally close, so I sure know how you feel. It gets better (I don't know if you believe in heaven but I do, and I believe my dog is waiting for me there), but it's so awfully hard.

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. :(

5. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Thanks guys, it means so much to know somebody knows what I am going through. I first couple of nights and days are going to be the hardest. I knew she was going to leave me. I asked her if she was going to leave me and she looked right into my eyes and her eyes were so sad, she knew she was going to die. It was hard to have her die in my arms, I'll never forget that moment, it will haunt me forever, but I'd rather so much to be with her than have her die alone. I am glad I was home when it happened, so I could be with her. She threw a clot, there was nothing the vet could of done even if she was alive when we brought her in, she would of died anyway.

6. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    So sorry to hear that Kitten. I know the feeling.

Keep your head up.

7. Eis Bowl

Eis Bowl Touchdown Artist

Ratings:
    +18
    Very sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine how many good memories you have.

8. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    awww thats so sad... She lived a long life for a cat,...and they definately become part of the family.

Heart hug to you Kitten

9. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Sorry to hear that.

You told this to me not long ago when I wrote about a time long ago when i lost a pet.

It made me feel better and I really appriciated it. Thanks!

I hope it can provide the same for you now.

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Im really sorry to hear about your loss. The story was so sad. Im a cat person myself.

11. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    I've lost a couple pets in my time...my child hood dog was put to sleep and I wasn't even aware there was something wrong with her before she was put down, kinda sucks...but as they say time heals all wounds...I hope you feel better

12. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Thanks again everyone. I'm doing a bit better today. Yesterday I was just a mess. It was the first day without her and I couldn't stop crying. I think I exhausted myself and I landed up going to bed around 6 pm and I slept to 10 this morning. I'm still crying a lot but not as much. I guess it gets better each day. Thanks KilrB for reminding me of that. I have no doubt that Jasmine loved me very much and it hurt her as much to leave me.

13. SyX

SyX Stranger in a strange land

Ratings:
    +90
    I'm terribly sorry to hear about your loss. Sometimes people trivialize the passing of a pet, but they really are a part of our families.

I quoted the above because I had it happen to me with my first dog. He was fine one day, the next, he had total organ failure. He was a monster of a dog, weighed in at over 200 pounds and was the runt of the litter.

As he was going, he laid on my lap and just looked at me. I thought the same as you, that it would forever haunt me. As time has passed, the haunting feeling has been replaced by a gladness to have been the one who spent his last moments with him. He had a look of calm, and I know he was at peace.

Fifteen years later, I still miss him every day, but knowing him, there's nowhere else he would have wanted to be when he passed than with me, and I'm blessed to have been able to spend the time I did with him, even as he passed.

Hopefully through time, you will be able to have a similar feeling.

14. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Sorry to hear that Kitten. I am a cat lover myself, so I know the connection you must've had for her. Really sorry for the loss

15. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I'm thankful for this forum. Thanks again everyone for your kind words. It's only been 2 days without Jasmine so I can expect to feel this way for some time.Jasmine was older so this was not unexpected but part of me thought I'd have her with me forever. In a way they do stay with you forever. I've always believed animals leave their pawprints on your heart, they touch a place that is eternal. In that way you have them forever. It's just that we miss the physical aspect of having them here. Sometimes we tend to relate more to the physical realm than the spiritual and we don't realize that the spirit of the animal will always be with us because we are so used to to being in touch with the physical being. That's what I'm kind of going through now. Struggling to make the transition and get to know Jasmine in another form. We relate so much emotion to the sensation of touch, it takes some getting used to. It helps to know people know what you are going through. It's different for everyone but it still helps to know you are not all alone.

Just going to take it one paw at at time. Believe it or not, football helps! I wish Jasmine could of made it to see the SB. She always used to watch the games with me, along with hockey and racing! I'm sure somewhere in heaven, Reggie White is taking good care of Jasmine. Packers will have some guardian angels for this SB! OK, this is starting to make me cry again... bit it is a nice thought.

16. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    My Step-Dad's maltese dog, Tango, was put to sleep today @ 12pm...my step-dad is a HUGE Packers fan...he was the guy that made me a Packers fan today and I can only imagine how much he has cried today...that dog was one of 2 loves of his life and my mother the other...I feel for him and hope he will be ok

just wanted to share that with you guys
    [​IMG]

17. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Please tell him I'm sorry for his loss. I know I'm a complete and utter stranger but I feel what he is going through. It almost seems unbearable, like you will never get over it. I'm still in that stage now, but I believe it will get better. Please let him know some other Packers fan who just lost her beloved kitty is crying for the loss of his puppy as well.

18. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215

Sorry to hear about your step-dad's loss. Please give him my my conolences. I'm sure his pup and Kitten's little Jasmine are keeping each other company up there with Reggie and Ray.