In honor of Monday night’s tilt against the Ravens…

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and randall cunningham has not been seen since...i remember getting kinda scared cause randall sparked the ravens offense late and pulled within two td's

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was one of Brett's finest games. Before the game the Ravens were boasting of their defense. The spin was "If Brett Favre is a great QB let's see what he can do against or defense!" The Ravens refused to go to a dime package as they depended on their LB's for defense. Brett threaded the needle beyond the LB's and in front of the secondary repeatedly. Afterward the Ravens nitwit coach said "We challenged Brett Favre to see what he could do against our defense. He did it in Brett Favre fashion and our hats go off to him." The boasting Raven defensive players were shaken. Nobody had done that to them. They gave Favre credit but not the O-line or WR's of the Packers.

The bright sunshine through the raindrops at the end of the game made it a wonderful unforgettable rainbow moment. I wish very much I had that game on DVD.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Great post Bruce. That week was probably Rossley's finest moment in Green Bay

Yes, and almost a year to the day latter Donatell may have had his…

… against another defending Super Bolw Champion, 10/13/02, the Packers were installed as overwhelming underdogs. Again the “expertâ€

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
So my question then is if we could do it then without our starters how come we can't do it now?

Again, great post, Bruce.. especially that Patriots game. I remember the Packers as being one of only two or three teams that beat Belicheck in his House, to boot. All week long, guys were baggin' the Packers... you shoulda heard the taunts and jeers (just like now). And, not a word of apology or "way to go" on Monday Morning QB, either.

My question is similar to others....

"Why can't Rossley do that every game?" Why the Marty-ball conservative attitude against teams, we know we should have beaten into submission? What's stoppin' this guy, the bookies? His lack of consistency is why I want him gone!

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Inspiring, no question. I believe that game produced one of my favorite action shots...Bubba (I believe) putting Ray Lewis flat on his back during a running play. Beautiful! Yes, one of the reasons the NFL has been so successful is that, every now and then, a team can overcome tremendous barriers and play with inspiration and skill. One can only begin to imagine how the winning players must feel after a win like that. Most of us will never have that feeling, in all likelihood.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember the Ravens game well. Remember when it rained almost like Vince was calling it down from the heavens?!? There didn't seem to be a cloud in the sky and it was sunny. Remarkable...I think the Ravens were lining up to kick a field goal or something and the downpour came...almost as a sign from above and the kick was missed. Am I remembering that correctly? Either way, I remember having a different expectation of the outcome than was delivered that day by the great #4.

Members online

Latest posts