1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

In case of a fire on this forum.

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Raider Pride, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    One of the best things to do as a family is to have a designated place to meet in case of a fire in the home. For example.... If if there is a fire we all meet at the fire hydrant in front of the house once we are out.

I learned this when I experienced the 6.7 Northridge Earthquake that killed 17 and injured over 11,000.

When this forum was down for so long I wondered if it was down for good, for what ever reason.

Then I thought to myself, damn, this is just like when the old NC forum went down. It took me a long time to find many of the regulars I enjoyed reading on the old NC forum here on Packer Forum.

So the question is... If anything should happen to this forum? For what ever reason? Where are we going to meet to see where everyone has gone to, exchange messages, and get information out?

R.P.

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, that's a really good question. Should we do an email list or something?

The other thing is, thanks for bringing up an actual fire. We do not have a designated place and no fire drill. Of all people, I should be on top of this considering we have a drill for if there is a robber in the home and one for when the zombie plague starts.

Thanks R.P. Hopefully we'll never need it.

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Just so everyone knows... If this site goes down for good, you have my word (unless I am physically incapable due to death or injury) I will provide some sort of page for you to get in contact with the previous members. Whether it is a simple forum to post your information, a chat box or some sort of wiki page where everyone can make adjustments, I wouldn't leave you high and dry.

I heard the stories, as our site grew, of this happening other places and people reconnecting here. The nice thing is, this site wasn't started by a business, isn't on the web to make a profit etc, so I won't just be shutting it down any time soon. Even if it were to crash completely, I still host it on a computer at my house, so I have complete physical control of everything you see here, thus I could put up a simple page in a matter of minutes for you to be able to contact other members.

Just for a little piece of mind.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    that kinda scares me. this is my home!

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    THANK YOU RYAN!!!
    Like i have said.........I have made MANY friends here (and a few enemies! :wink: ) and i really look forward to coming here and shooting the breeze with everyone!
    THANK YOU again for making a place that even the "Cheese" is allowed to comment! :D

6. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Ryan,

You are a "True Champion."

7. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Zombie,

Far too many times all members of a family have got out of a house that was on fire. But one child may be in the back yard, while Dad in the front yard, and Dad goes back into the house to find the missing child but never comes out.

One must have a designated spot to meet in case of fire. Also you should have family meeting to go over the emergency plans once a year. Just before you "Give Thanks" before Christmas dinner is the perfect time, as the whole family will be together.

Just do a short two minute overview of the plan of actions and it could save a life, and make sure that every seat will be filled for next years Christmas Dinner.

R.P.

R.P.

8. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ryan!! I to love coming here and chatting with all of you here, and I would hate to loose contact. But thanks to Ryan now we dont have to worry about that.

We have always thought of putting a fire drill together, but just havent done it as of yet, but glad someone mentioned it here because now we have to do one. One never knows when something bad can happen. Thanks Raider for starting a thread on this subject.

9. BadlandsViking

BadlandsViking Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Are they true friends or fake friends? :D

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ryan.

I don't know if I said this before, but this site is the best sports site I've ever been to, and I've been going to Packer sites and other sport sites since '96, so that's saying something.

11. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wait.....i'll check.
    Nope......didn't find any "silicone". :wink: