In 10 years, this is how I will remember Brett Favre

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Provided he's retired by then.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I know we've been through some crap. I know he's betrayed us. But at the end of the day, this outweighs that. I was sitting there watching America's Game on NFL Net, and it was the story of the 1996 Packers. And watching it, I realized, I just can't hate him forever. Maybe now, sure, but that man was reason 1 that we had the most magical season I as a fan have ever experienced. And words cannot express the gratitude I have towards him, and all the other players on that team, for that season.

And that picture, of Favre in a Packers jersey. Of Favre celebrating like a kid. Of vintage Favre. The Favre we all loved, is how I'm choosing to remember him in the future. Sure, I'll remember the Viking stuff. I'll remember the stalling of his decision. I'll remember all the annoying things he did. But it won't matter to me. He'll always be a Packer. He'll always be a Packer legend. I think it's very, very easy with all the junk that's gone on the last 2, 3 years to forget everything he did for this team. Think of how far down the Packers were in the '80s. And yes, Reggie helped a lot. We had a great defense, sure. But we don't win that Super Bowl, we don't return to the top without that man. And for that I will be forever grateful.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find some kleenex. Damn show made me a little misty eyed.

Don't confuse this with me rooting for Minnesota now or something. I hope they go 0-16. I hope it's as ugly as possible. Just think of this as me being nostalgic for the Favre I admired so much as a kid.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good post. Definitely a tough pill to swallow seeing him in a Vikings Uniform, but at the end of the day, that picture says it all.

ehoepker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish things didnt end the way they did with Brett.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWrcYxfwOVc]YouTube - Brett Favre - The Legend[/ame]

"We are all thankful"

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, it depends on how it ends for him. If he wins a SB for the Queens (God forbid), I will remember him in 10 years as going to MIN to stick it to Ted and will not think very fondly of him. If, however, the Queens do not win a SB with Brett, then I'll be a bit more forgiving, but will never truly forget the crap he put us through.

If we beat the Queens this year and win a Super Bowl, then I will think more fondly of him since he got his a__ burned by Ted.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dead to me. I will always remember him for being an attention ***** who milked it for everything he could. I will remember how fake he was and how 2009 proved he didnt give 100% for years to the packers and only gave 100% when revenge was on his mind. Oh and as a player who choked it away every opportunity he could. I cant wait to watch peyton break his records. He might be my favorite player ever to cheer against though.

I cant believe you guys are letting up on him.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I guess for me much of it will depend on how he finally ends his career. People ask me "what will you do if he decides to retire as a Viking?"

I respond "who cares, he's already retired as a Packer and a Jet, who cares what he does afterward?"

Truth of the matter IS though that I do care. Sure we had 16 seasons with the man and we all loved him, but if the Prima Donna with the Messiah Complex who fell in love with the sound of his own name retires as a Viking (officially) then that is the ultimate "**** you" to Packer fans and I'll be all for giving the #4 to the next rookie punter.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Dead to me. I will always remember him for being an attention ***** who milked it for everything he could. I will remember how fake he was and how 2009 proved he didnt give 100% for years to the packers and only gave 100% when revenge was on his mind. Oh and as a player who choked it away every opportunity he could. I cant wait to watch peyton break his records. He might be my favorite player ever to cheer against though.

What this guy said!!

Favre is dead to me. I'll always remember him as a great player but also and more so as a me-first egomaniac who put his own glorification above the team and fans.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will wish to remember Favre from back in the nineties, when the Pack had Coach Holmgren to reign in his propensity to throw the ball away and lose those big games.

From 2001 on Favre basically pissed me off, LOL.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I dunno, a traitor is a traitor. He's dead to me. **** him and the horse he rode away on. I'll always remember him in a Viking's uniform talking about how 1 year in Minnesota was like 10 in GB. And all the other smack he was talking. ******.

Gonna go watch Farve Choke as a Viking again. That never gets old.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like this:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This one is worth re-posting and sums up my thoughts/feelings on Burnt Fart as well.

We will never forget you Brent!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will remember him as the guy who got lucky he didn't choke in the Superbowl win. When the majik man got hurt and Favre came in and kicked butt.......I loved it. I listened to the (Bengals) game on the radio when I was stationed in Germany. To tell ya the truth though, I was the guy sitting on the edge of my seat 85 percent of the time saying........"ok Favre.......don't **** this up" The other 15 percent of the time we were ahead enough where there was no way we could loose because time was running out and we were ahead by 2 or 3 TD's.

Sure I am glad we won that Superbowl .......but Favre always made me nervous. I saw him throw a game loosing INT a few times and watched him smile like it was no big deal while the rest of the team was like WTF.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thrashing Favre is, indeed, Packers fans favorite offseason activity!
C'mon football season and get here already to give us somethin else to talk about! Like the Packers and how awesome they are!
Woo-hoo!
:Bananas:

JRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just laugh at the football fans who obviously don't use their brains. Favre betrayed no one. We live in Wisconsin. We import people to play here when they are completely from somewhere else like Mississippi. And then when they leave we cry "betrayed us" It is a business so get over it. Favre betrayed no one.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just laugh at the football fans who obviously don't use their brains. Favre betrayed no one. We live in Wisconsin. We import people to play here when they are completely from somewhere else like Mississippi. And then when they leave we cry "betrayed us" It is a business so get over it. Favre betrayed no one.
Going to a rival team is betrayal in my book.

Latest posts