Improving Week-to-Week

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right on Trom!

When you put it together with last season's late run and a two and zero start in two conference games (1 on the road) against two teams from last year's playoffs -- the development/progress is especially impressive.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I thought that was interesting.

I like your sig as well as that chart.

One thing I'd add - the straw that broke the camel's back was Favre's 14 straight completions in the 2nd half. It would have been 15 had I think it was Jackson not dropped that screen pass. Not at all harping on our young RBs, they're definitely showing heart.

Reaction score
Someone is bound to come along next week and say we're doomed because our O regressed from this week since they didn't put up such high numbers.

Our O had some big plays, both in the pass and the run. That is a heck of a lot better than last week, and it IS progress.

Just to further your point Trom, those who saw the game will agree that just from the first half to the second half, our O-line progressed. Our o-line played solid in the second half, while it was iffy in the first half.

Not only are we improving from week to week, we seem to be improving from quarter to quarter, both on our O and our D. THAT is truly something to be happy about.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
might want to add that we also had two rushing TDs this week.

Although we averaged fewer yard per carry this week, at least McCarthy was willing to try to run.

We also had at least twice as many first downs this week. Pass pro looked good. Run blocking was subpar. Spitz might not get his job back.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Someone is bound to come along next week and say we're doomed because our O regressed from this week since they didn't put up such high numbers.

Our O had some big plays, both in the pass and the run. That is a heck of a lot better than last week, and it IS progress.

Just to further your point Trom, those who saw the game will agree that just from the first half to the second half, our O-line progressed. Our o-line played solid in the second half, while it was iffy in the first half.

Not only are we improving from week to week, we seem to be improving from quarter to quarter, both on our O and our D. THAT is truly something to be happy about.

MM made some half-time adjustments and they worked. :)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
might want to add that we also had two rushing TDs this week.

Although we averaged fewer yard per carry this week, at least McCarthy was willing to try to run.

We also had at least twice as many first downs this week. Pass pro looked good. Run blocking was subpar. Spitz might not get his job back.

Early on, I thought the lines play was subpar again. They made some adjustments to personal, things improved. I want to watch the game for a second time just to watch the line in the second half, I was watching the game with a group of friends and really didn't watch it as close as normal.

Reaction score
YES!

Not only MM, but Bob Sanders also.

Our D came out hitting harder, and the front 4 were generating a good pass rush from the start of the second half. I don't know what Bob Sanders said/did, but it sure worked.

Members online

Latest posts