Improving the Defense for 2017....How and Who?

D

Deleted member 6794

The Falcons should have been the third team with a scoring defense outside of the top 20 to win it. Of course I would prefer the Packers to have an elite defense as well but don't see it happening next season.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Falcons should have been the third team with a scoring defense outside of the top 20 to win it. Of course I would prefer the Packers to have an elite defense as well but don't see it happening next season.
Like you said, Falcons should have. But as they saw and the Packers too often see, eventually second rate defenses seem to get exposed. As long as AR is the Packers QB and continues to perform at an elite level, the Packers will win more than they lose. However, I think if they want to get over that last hurdle(s) and win a SB, its going to take a better defense than what we have seen since their last trip to a Super Bowl.

D

Deleted member 6794

Like you said, Falcons should have. But as they saw and the Packers too often see, eventually second rate defenses seem to get exposed. As long as AR is the Packers QB and continues to perform at an elite level, the Packers will win more than they lose. However, I think if they want to make that last hurdle(s) and win a SB, its going to take a better defense than what we have seen since their last trip to a Super Bowl.

I agree the Packers chances to win another Super Bowl would significantly increase by having an above average defense. Thompson has to finally use free agency in a smart way to achieve that this offseason. Unfortunately I'm not convinced it's gonna happen though.

Members online

Latest posts