Improvement in most areas except............

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the secondary. Schottenhiemer has to go. 7 weeks into the season and we still have ridiculously bad busts in the secondary.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes we do have complete breakdowns in our secondary and it's not just sometimes. The best thing I have seen Barnett do was make a play on 3rd and 16. He was right where he had to be and he defended well. It just seems to me that our secondary is always out of position.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I've been complaining about Barnett all year long, but when he plays the way you want a middle linebacker to play, which is stuff the run, cover the tightend and get to the QB on the blitz it makes that secondary better. We're also not getting a very good pash rush from our front four so that leaves those guys exposed longer than they should be sometimes.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But here is the key, when that middle linebacker plays well and makes plays it makes what the secondary does less painful. The problem is that when he doesn't stuff the run, make tackles, or can't get to the QB on the blitz that secondary is even more exposed. I tip my hat to him today.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I agree, but the bigger problem is the secondary IMO.

Woodson and Harris are starting to come on. Especially Woodson. That guy is A S-T-U-D.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Oh I agree, but the bigger problem is the secondary IMO.

Woodson and Harris are starting to come on. Especially Woodson. That guy is A S-T-U-D.
I agree, but Manuel is still worthless back there. He had a good tackle, but that was the only positive thing I saw.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Lewis was just demoted on the Eagles. he's a FA this year. I think we could sign him pretty cheap to compete with Manuel next year.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Lewis was just demoted on the Eagles. he's a FA this year. I think we could sign him pretty cheap to compete with Manuel next year.

I dunno. Getting a guy that has been demoted seems like a wash to me. I hope we draft someone high or else give Culver a chance. Maybe Underwood comes back.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i want some DBs a DE and a WR. i think we can wait on a RB unless peterson falls to us in the first, or bush in the second. i wouldn't mind getting OSU's gonzalez in the second either.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i want some DBs a DE and a WR. i think we can wait on a RB unless peterson falls to us in the first, or bush in the second. i wouldn't mind getting OSU's gonzalez in the second either.

its still early to think about the draft

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the secondary has shown improvement, although it is not where it needs to be.

*The corners have upped their play since the start of the season.
*We are not seeing as many penalties as early in the year(Carroll gone)
*You are not seeing WR's continually running free in the secondary, although it still happens.

The safety play remains the weak link, however, we have not been giving up big runs and they do not seem to be as out of position as earlier in the season.

I am not a Schott fan, but with what he has for talent, they may be maxing their potential.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i didnt watch the game so my opinion doesnt really count here i guess.
but looking at the box score. it sounds like some of you are being a little crazy. i mean what more can you really ask of a young team than the stats the Defense pulled on sunday.

GB vs Arizona Week 8

Matt Leinart - 14 completions, 157 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int. 40% comp rate
QB Rating- 51.7

GB wins the game by 17 points and Arizona wasnt ever in the game.

CHICAGO vs Arizona Week 6

Matt Leinart - 24 completions, 232 yards, 2 TD, 0 Int. 57.7 comp rate
QB Rating - 88.4

Chicago comes from behind and barely wins the game in the waning moments. Last i checked the bears were a solid defense, and they got thrown on pretty damn well.

i mean i like that you expect great things from our team. but keeping any QB under 160 yards is a quality showing especially since you win by 17 points. come on

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts