*** IMPORTANT ***

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Guys, do NOT read too much into anything you read about Brett Favre retiring until you hear it from him.

I've been reading article after article and I'm finding more and more that the author is taking quotes and adding them together without stating the question that was asked to give it the effect of the writer.

Don't get caught up in anything, yet.

I'd cite my sources an proof, but I don't have an extra 3-4 hours.

Watch the conf and after game video footage of Brett. Then read the articles. You will too see it.

One thing, for instance, the picture with the OL. Brett says THEY wanted the picture. You will read it was BRETT who wanted it.

All I'm saying, read with caution.

edit, spelled cite wrong, doh

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
He sought out Brian Urlacher for a handslap after the Bears linebacker somehow tipped away a would-be Favre completion.

ESPN article.

That did NOT happen.

Brett was running forward as he was certain the ball was going to be completed. Then it was tipped. Brian was there, he slapped hands with Brian.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Your Cubs are going to get their ***** whupped in the first round of the Playoffs......just like the Packer's whupped them last night fool...

Grossman...lol.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Lol. Keepin' the dream alive alone, are we?

What dream? You don't know if I want him next year or want him to retire.

Part of me does, because he's a great competitor.
Part of me would like to see what we do from here.

What I'm saying is, NO ONE KNOWS. I'm finding articles stating Brett will FOR SURE play next year, followed by a colleague stating he is RETIRING FOR SURE. CNNSI.com and ESPN.com are prime examples of this.

Each are using the same material, but putting their own flavor on it to get people to read their articles.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Your Cubs are going to whipped in the first round of the Playoffs just like the Packer's whipped them last night fool...

Grossman...lol..

Haha..Yeah, Grossman...Wow. That's all you can say...Wow.

Nice choice, Luvy...Sometimes you gotta make tough calls, and moving to Griese was the right move.

Should have been done in Week 14-15, at the lastest...

Fine by me. If the Bears are lucky enough to win one playoff game, it will because their D not only wins it, but overcomes Grossman's horrid play as well...

After last night's game, it's good to know that it's only a matter of time before the Bears fall.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z2C,

I really appreciate your optimism on the situation and will keep what you said in mind. I really do believe however that last years return was "partially" due to the fact that he wanted to prove to himself and others that he could still play the game at a high level ( just my speculation ).

This year, he proved that to himself so coming back
for 2007 "might' be a direct result of which way TT wants to go with the team behind the scenes ( again, this is just my speculation on how he would return one more time) !!!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Z2C,

I really appreciate your optimism on the situation and will keep what you said in mind. I really do believe however that last years return was "partially" due to the fact that he wanted to prove to himself and others that he could still play the game at a high level ( just my speculation ). This year, he proved that to himself so coming back
this year "might' be a direct result of which way TT wants to go with the team behind the scenes ( again, this is just my speculation on how he would return one more time) !!!

Not sure if its optimism I'm trying to distill here. I'm more so trying to say, don't over react on any article you read and any video clip you see. Don't make a judgement unless you've seen it in its entirety.

With that said. Brett said last year he did not want to go out a loser. He didn't like losing the way they did and wanted to go out on a positive note.

Four game winning streak, beating each of the division foes could jus be that streak of positive he wants to go out on.

:shrug:

I ... just ... dont ... know.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Don't shed a tear: Expect Favre to return

By Mike Vandermause

CHICAGO — It's possible Brett Favre played the final game of his illustrious NFL career Sunday night at Soldier Field.

Just don't bet on it.

Favre's tearful interview on national television following the Packers' 26-7 victory over the Chicago Bears gave a hint the veteran quarterback is strongly considering retirement.

But Favre wouldn't give a definitive answer, and said he probably would decide on his future in the next two weeks.

If it was his final game, Favre went out with a bang and once again showed he owns the Bears. He passed for 285 yards and a touchdown, and improved his record against Chicago to 22-7, including an unthinkable 13-2 on the road.

Favre has nothing left to prove, which is why it wouldn't be a surprise if he decided to walk away.

He is a lock to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He doesn't need the $11 million salary. He wouldn't miss the monotony of another year of minicamps, practices and meetings. He owns a Super Bowl championship ring.

After giving Packers fans the best years of his football life, he owes them nothing. Favre could fade into the sunset and not look back.

Then again, he just as easily could return, with no regrets.

In fact, why wouldn't Favre want to come back?

Forget about the money and the NFL passing records he could break. Those are nice fringe benefits, but deep down, the only reason Favre would play again is his passion for the game.

Favre is healthy, having extended his starting streak to a superhuman 257 games (including playoffs). The prospect of undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his sore left ankle (bone spurs) today should have no bearing on his football future.

Neither should his playing ability. Despite being 37, which is ancient by pro football standards, Favre has what it takes to lead an NFL team.

Favre has expressed frustration over the Packers' offensive struggles this season. Nevertheless, his interception total fell from 29 last year to 18. His 343 completions and 3,885 passing yards this season rank among the top six in the NFL.

It's been said the legs are first to deteriorate in an aging player, but Favre remains one of the best in the league at using his footwork in the pocket to avoid sacks.

Critics will point to Favre's 72.7 passer rating, which ranks as the third-worst in his career. But Favre had one bona fide receiver — Donald Driver — to throw to.

By unofficial count, his pass-catchers were among the league leaders in dropped passes. How many times did an inexperienced receiver run the wrong route, leading to an interception? And the tight end corps was guilty of consistently shaky play.

All of which is to say, don't blame Favre for the problems that plagued the offense.

Assuming Favre uses the same criteria as last year to determine his future, coming back would seem like the obvious decision.

Things are better for Favre than they were a year ago, when the Packers' outlook was unsettled with the hiring of a coach following their first losing season in 14 years.

But the 2006 Packers improved by four victories and finished 8-8. They were in contention for a playoff berth until the final week.

Mike McCarthy appears to have the Packers headed in the right direction, and Favre has a good working relationship with his head coach.

Favre admitted following Sunday's victory that he had fun this season.

It should be a matter of when Favre decides he's coming back, not if.

Despite his emotional reaction Sunday night, the guess here is we haven't seen the last of Favre in a Packers uniform.

Just don't bet on it.

Mike Vandermause is sports editor of the Press-Gazette

Postgame interview appears like farewell for Favre

By Rob Demovsky
[email protected]

CHICAGO — Brett Favre sure sounded like a guy who was saying goodbye.

It was not only in his words but in his tears.

Though he made no official announcement retirement, anyone who was convinced the Green Bay Packers' quarterback was going to play in 2007 sure has reason to think otherwise.

Simply listen to the 2½-minute interview he gave to NBC following Sunday's season-ending 26-7 victory over the Chicago Bears. Standing in the southeast corner of Solider Field less than 5 minutes after the game ended, Favre got emotional after only a few words.

"If it is my last game," Favre said. "I want to remember it."

Then, it was almost as if he could no longer speak. After an uncomfortable pause, Favre's voice cracked but managed to say: "It's tough. It's tough."

Then Favre uttered perhaps the most telling words about his future. Asked what a performance like Sunday's — in which he was sharp, throwing for 285 yards — does for his decision-making process, Favre said this:

"It makes it harder," he said.

Though things always can be read into what Favre says, it would seemingly only make his decision harder if he was leaning heavily toward retirement.

Favre did take more questions from reporters after the game, but in an 8-minute news conference, he wouldn't comment on his future except to say he planned to have surgery to remove bone spurs from his ailing left ankle today in Green Bay and then return home to Mississippi.

If the 37-year-old Favre never plays in another NFL game, his 16-year NFL career will have ended with 1 minute, 53 seconds remaining in Sunday's game. That's when Packers coach Mike McCarthy sent rookie quarterback Ingle Martin in to relieve Favre. When he got to the bench, Favre hugged several teammates, including receiver Donald Driver, his favorite target this season. Driver picked up Favre in a fireman's carry just as Favre had done to Driver after touchdown catches this season.

"We were all kind of watching," Martin said. "We almost got a delay of game."

As the Packers ran out the final seconds of their 8-8 season, Favre hugged several players and coaches on the sideline. When the game was over, he met Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher near midfield and the two embraced.

With cameras following his every move, he gathered with his offensive linemen, finally took his helmet off and posed for a picture.

"The guys wanted to take a picture," Favre said, "so we took a picture."

When asked in his TV interview when he'll make his decision this year, Favre said: "Soon."

"I'll discuss it with my family, but ultimately, it's my decision," he said. "What I'm willing to put myself through to play or not to play. The 3 hours on Sunday are easy. It's the time you put in during the week or in the offseason."

Even with his ailing foot, Favre showed an ability to slip around the pocket on Sunday against the Bears. He showed good footwork on a couple of difficult throws that would suggest he still has enough agility to be productive.

Of Favre's first 18 completions, 13 were for first downs. He finished 21-for-42 for 285 yards with one touchdown and one interception.

"(Playing well) sure beats the alternative, playing crappy, because I've had my share of those, too," Favre said during his news conference.

"I know I can still play. I'm not going to lie to you, but there's been times where I've questioned a play, a game, a negative result (and said), was it me? I've wondered if it's me. I've always felt like I could still play at a high level and today just kind of reassured me as well as others that I still can play."

Here are a couple articles I've came accross.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, do NOT read too much into anything you read about Brett Favre retiring until you hear it from him.

I've been reading article after article and I'm finding more and more that the author is taking quotes and adding them together without stating the question that was asked to give it the effect of the writer.

Don't get caught up in anything, yet.

I'd cite my sources an proof, but I don't have an extra 3-4 hours.

Watch the conf and after game video footage of Brett. Then read the articles. You will too see it.

One thing, for instance, the picture with the OL. Brett says THEY wanted the picture. You will read it was BRETT who wanted it.

Oh come on now. They are just trying to sell air time, newspapers and page views. They can't sell as well without some sensationalism and exaggeration.

Why are you trying to reduce their sales with accuracy, truth and attention to detail?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Oh come on now. They are just trying to sell air time, newspapers and page views. They can't sell as well without some sensationalism and exaggeration.

Why are you trying to reduce their sales with accuracy, truth and attention to detail?

lol ... sorry

just gets on my nerves when people state things as 'fact' that have no ground for truth

Members online

Latest posts