Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
cheesey said:
dhpackr said:
dhpackr said:
I like pizza & beer w/my millionth i told you so thread

you should be banned from this forum
Wait a minute DH.........you are asking to ban YOURSELF????
I'm confused! (Which isn't unusual!) :lol:

hmmmm......no i was maybe talking about the "RETARD" comment
Well....he didn't say YOU were a retard......maybe he meant me! :wink:
I am rather.....uh.....strange! (So i hear!)

thing is, you know how to debate. I learned lot from your religion thread. you try to make your point and not throw a bunch of insults at people who do not agree with you. you just kept posting your ideas, the other guy just kept throwing insults. i thought you owned that thread.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
cheesey said:
dhpackr said:
dhpackr said:

I just liked the cute pictures of the birdies.

DHpackr....you need to relax. Your brain is going to explode.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
dhpackr said:
cheesey said:
dhpackr said:
dhpackr said:

thing is, you know how to debate. I learned lot from your religion thread. you try to make your point and not throw a bunch of insults at people who do not agree with you. you just kept posting your ideas, the other guy just kept throwing insults. i thought you owned that thread.
Thank you. I appreciate the comment!
I know......for some, insults are the only way they know how to debate. And thats not really a debate, as you obviously know.
I guess sometimes you just have to let the people that do that, do it. If you don't respond, it makes them look REALLY retarded. Believe me, others on here see what happens, and they can see when someone says something out of line. Let THEM judge it.
I try NOT to lower myself to their level, but even i am not immune to going on the defense when attacked. There are some days i'm feeling so crappy, that i have to make myself either stay off here, or i will let loose on anyone that trys to attack me. And believe me, i can hold my own in a verbal attack. I think i have yet to lose when attacked. But i don't LIKE being like that, and try to avoid it. But sometimes you HAVE to stand up for yourself. It's a thin line........and knowing when it's time to cross it, and when it's time to let it go is whats important.
Just my opinin.....for whatever thats worth!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jnells, you forgot to list Laurinaitis and Gholston as THE :bow: Ohio State. :roll: :penflag:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins - Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
St. Louis Rams - Michael Oher OT Ole Miss
New York Jets - Chris Long DE Virginia
New England Patriots (f/SF) - James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan QB Boston College
Oakland Raiders - Glenn Dorsey DT Louisiana State
Cincinnati Bengals - Calais Campbell DE Miami
Baltimore Ravens - Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
Kansas City Chiefs - Jake Long OT Michigan
Cleveland Browns *(f/CAR) - Vernon Gholston DE/OLB Ohio State
Arizona Cardinals - Kenny Phillips FS Miami
New Orleans Saints - Sedrick Ellis DT Southern California
Buffalo Bills - Keith Rivers LB Southern California
Houston Texans - Felix Jones RB Arkansas
Minnesota Vikings - Quentin Groves DE Auburn
Denver Broncos - Dan Connor LB Penn State
Chicago Bears - Phil Loadholt OT Oklahoma
Washington Redskins - Derrick Harvey DE Florida
Philadelphia Eagles - Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
Tennessee Titans - DeSean Jackson WR California
San Diego Chargers - Steve Slaton RB West Virginia
Detroit Lions - Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
Seattle Seahawks - Brian Brohm QB Louisville
Dallas Cowboys (f/CLE) - Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
Tampa Bay Bucs - Limas Sweed WR Texas
New York Giants - Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma
Pittsburgh Steelers - Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
Jacksonville Jaguars - James Hardy WR Indiana
San Francisco 49ers (f/IND) - Dre Moore DT/DE Maryland
Green Bay Packers - Aqib Talib CB Kansas
Dallas Cowboys - Mike Jenkins CB South Florida

I like the idea of the Packers taking a CB. I'm hoping for Antoine Cason from Arizona. I like him a lot as a CB and he's also a punt returner.

jnells

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the idea of the Packers taking a CB. I'm hoping for Antoine Cason from Arizona. I like him a lot as a CB and he's also a punt returner.

Antoine Cason could've been a top-10 pick this year if not for a lack in production.

To be honest I like him a lot too. He's not quite the athlete Talib is, but he's got better natural cover skills and has more experience.

The reason I see him falling out of round 1 (and possibly as low as round 3) is because at his size (6'/185) he should run nothing slower than a 4.35 at the combine. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have much speed and will probably run something more like a 4.45.

Thanks for the feedback on my mock draft, like I said, I was pretty self-concious about it. This is really the first year that I've been following college football on a whole REALLY close and tried to put together a mock draft based on each team's needs. In previous year's I've been just following the Badgers. But as soon as they named Tyler Donovan the starting QB I kind of stopped following them (Allan Evridge is where it's at) and the atrocious defense turned me off from following them as much. ANYWAYS...

In other mock drafts I've seen this year they have the Packers taking:
~Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia
~Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
~Mike Hart, RB, Michigan
~Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
~Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
~Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
~Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
~DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College

A lot of them see us taking a Running Back, but the way that Grant is playing, that Wynn impressed early in the season, and with Jackson coming along I just don't see us using up a first rounder for another RB. I think that we could wait for a decent RB in the second round. Possibly Tashard Choice/Georgia Tech, Kevin Smith/UCF, James Davis/Clemson, or Jamaal Charles/Texas.

More feedback is welcome!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
IMAGINE....

IMAGINE!

Sing along everyone.

Imagine there's no Ted Thomson.
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the Packer Fans
Living for today

Imagine there's no future
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no Aaron Rodgers too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no Charles Woodson
I wonder if you can
No need for our coach who was a great hire.
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the Packer Fans
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And Ted Thompson will live as one.

Whooo Hooo...... Imagine.

R.P.

This Imagine theme reminds me of the Imagination song from south park (not the acual footage cuz viacom is a bunch of ******)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you on Ryan Grant and Cason but I still think Cason has what it takes to sneak into round 1. He probably should go to the Senior Bowl.

With the way he's (Grant) playing I don't know about a RB any longer. Jonathan Stewart was on my wish list just a month ago. He's big, fast, and he can catch out the backfield. A nice down hill runner too. He would be a great fit for the Packers in my opinion. I think Wynn is on a short leash because of his toughness.

Hart probably doesn't go in round 1. He doesn't project to the NFL as well as some might think. He's small and not the fastest of runners. Would be a great fit in Denver, Green Bay or Houston though. Michigan runs a little ZBS. Plus durability is a major issue with him too.

Couple things caught my eye on your draft.

Malcom Jenkins falling out of the top 15. I'd like to see the Pack trade up for him.

Jake Long falling all the way down to 9. Top 5 pick in my opinion. On the same level as D'Brickashawn Ferguson and Joe Thomas.

Laurinaitis is kind of high. LB's normally don't go in the top 5 especially MLB. I actually think Hawk and Lavar Arrington are the only ones ever to go top 5. Don't hold me to that though.

Offensive Line is a concern for the Packers for the future because Clifton is wearing down. I don't see Sam Baker anywhere. I know he hasn't been great this year but he's still a late 1st round prospect in my opinion. At latest, I think 2nd.

I write mocks too. I write on for a website. Normally I don't start until January though.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Cheesey,

Dhpacker has attacked me many times.

Now I know he has a split personality. So, I recon he is only half as sad I thought he was.

I am starting to like this guy now. What is this world coming to?
I know RP.........but everyone can learn from their expieriences. If they let themselves. Everyone at some time does things they regret, or wish they wouldn't have said or done. I know i have. If you learn from it, and try to change to be a better person, to me that is what matters. I have seen some people start out bad, and learn from their mistakes, and become better people. Even on the internet. My hope is that everyone here would get along and respect each other........even though thats probably not realistic. Alot of times i try to interject humor to relieve some of the obvious pressures that happen here. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
I wish we all could actually meet face to face, and really get to know each other. I think that would make it more difficult to insult each other. (Although maybe it would make it easier too! :wink: )
I really wish we ALL could get along. After all, we are all just Packer fans!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know enough about college football to know who is available at the 32nd spot.

Trom it doesn't matter who is 32nd. With the NE Cheaters losing their 1st round pick (I wish it was the one they get from SF) there will only be 21 picks in round 1. 8)

jnells

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Malcom Jenkins falling out of the top 15. I'd like to see the Pack trade up for him.
This pick just came down to me not finding a good fit for him. Other players were better fits at every single selection until the Eagles came up.

Jake Long falling all the way down to 9. Top 5 pick in my opinion. On the same level as D'Brickashawn Ferguson and Joe Thomas.
I'm as big a Long fan as the next guy, but I know the draft and I know offensive linemen (pretty well at least). If Michael Oher comes out he'll be all the talk at the combine and will skyrocket up internet draft boards (I guarantee you he's already at the top of many NFL boards). It's just a matter of time before he starts to get noticed.

Long's fall has less to do with him and more to do with Oher.

Laurinaitis is kind of high. LB's normally don't go in the top 5 especially MLB. I actually think Hawk and Lavar Arrington are the only ones ever to go top 5. Don't hold me to that though.
I personally agree, but his stock is extremely high right now. That pick is really a toss-up between him and Gholston... or even Jenkins.

Remember this isn't exactly a strong draft and every player outside of McFadden, C. Long, Dorsey, and Oher (IMO) could interchange in-and-out of the top-10.
Offensive Line is a concern for the Packers for the future because Clifton is wearing down. I don't see Sam Baker anywhere. I know he hasn't been great this year but he's still a late 1st round prospect in my opinion. At latest, I think 2nd.
Baker being out of the first round may just be my personal gripe against him. I just don't see what's so special about him besides the fact that he's a decent player on the most popular OL in college history. When I watch him I notice he gets a lot of help by his supporting cast and struggles against any high-level pass-rusher. If he doesn't blow people's minds at the combine/senior bowl then I can see him falling to mid-2nd round.

If the Packers are looking for a LT they'll have to trade-up for someone. IMO, this draft has a lot of fantastic RTs but not many LTs. The only pure LT I see going in Round 1 is Oher. Long and Clady are interchangeable.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
see, i dont know whats going on there.

you guys are my info on draft stuff.

I too choose to wait until April before I start to think about who the Packers will draft. It is just too hard to guess which players will be available at the 20th spot so 30-32 are impossible. This year Adrian Peterson was to be gone long before MN picked and their need was thought to at LB or DB. Wrong.
Also I don't know about most of the players on Jnells list. I don't know if he has included underclassmen.
If not that changes everything. Rashard Mendenhall from IL is thinking real hard about coming out early and he is not included so I am sure there are other Jr that could be 1st round draft picks that are not on this list.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Laurnitis stock isn't that high right now. It's good but not that good. It's right where he wants to be. I read that the consensus on him is he's a solid 1st round grade but not in the eltie status That's about what I think of him too. I think the Lions would grab him in a heartbeat if they got a chance. The guys whom are elite are basically the lists of players you said. Dorsey, McFadden, Chris Long, Jake Long, Campbell, and I actually like Kenny Phillips a lot too.

I'm willing to bet that Jake Long is this years Joe Thomas and Oher is probably along the lines of Levi Brown. The combine is going to be huge for him but even then on film you'll see why Long is the guy. There isn't a thing wrong with Jake Long for the most part. He's not flawless but he's an elite prospect at tackle. Majority of the teams use senior bowl practice film, game film, and the combine to look at prospects and Long isn't going to do bad at either. If Long doesn't go off the board as the top offensive lineman it will be a big time shocker. I think he's the consensus top guy right now in the NFL. Though anything is possible I guess and it's still really early.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
dhpackr said:
cheesey said:
dhpackr said:
dhpackr said:

And this is why we all like Cheesy, whether or not we agree with him.

Cheesy, you're a class act. :)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is a big concern for me. I don't see Cliffy playing for more than 2 years after this, and even that may be a stretch. I don't say this because I don't like Cliffy. I like him. I'm just being realistic.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
cheesey said:
dhpackr said:
cheesey said:
dhpackr said:
dhpackr said:

And this is why we all like Cheesy, whether or not we agree with him.

Cheesy, you're a class act. :)
:oops: Thank you Zombie! :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts