I'm sorry, but I really do feel bad for Aaron Rodgers

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll catch some hell for this, but oh well.

Aaron Rodgers deserves better than this garbage. I took a bit of a beating a few days ago when some tried to argue that we have better than good talent overall on this team. I'm sorry, but that's just not true. This supporting cast that Rodgers has to work with flat out sucks. You have reasonably talented receivers, a great pass blocking O-Line, but what else? You have a gutless defense that got punked all night long, the secondary is an absolute disgrace, Crosby misses the kick, Rip fumbles twice, luckily only one was called. Receivers dropping balls, and even the O-Line was getting punked in this game. The "strengths" of this team were weaknesses today.

Dom Capers has to GO. Awful game plan.

You have the most talented quarterback in the history of the national football league, the man has better overall playoff numbers for his career than Tom freaking Brady, and you give him this trash to work with?

Put Rodgers with Belichick, in that system that utilizes plays rather than players, with a Gronk level player, and a respectable defense, and they probably win 3 Super Bowls in the last 8-9 years.

Instead, you have this circus.

It's absolutely inexcusable, this organization needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and realize what you have at the quarterback position. The only time Rodgers has had a really good defense, he won the damn Super Bowl.

In Rodgers' playoff losses, the defense has now given up an average of over 36 points per game.

As an organization, how many more years of having Aaron Rodgers do you want to waste? He probably has 5 great years left in him, maybe 6 or 7 depending on how he ages. You have to find a way to cash in with more Super Bowls.

This team never had a chance from the opening kickoff today, and it's because of the garbage that Ted Thompson has put around Aaron Rodgers.

Heads need to ROLL after this game. I don't care who gets fired, but someones gotta go. And we need a great offseason between the draft and FA (yes, freaking sign someone. See how Jared Cook worked out?).

Without Rodgers this team doesn't win 3 games. I'm not joking.

It's an absolute disgrace.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree. You've got a gazillion injuries on the team and you're coming off an 8 game winning streak, including knocking out the number 1 seed.
A tough loss today but your guys were just too beaten up.

...a decent RB would help though

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be an absolute travesty if Aaron ends up with one ring. I really thought he was going to get his 2nd this year.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I'm having a Deja Vu ...

I agree injuries are a big Factor, however the team just looked flat, gassed and with No fire today, including the offense the entire first half ...

The D actually did a decent job the first half, considering the gaudy Numbers the Falcons have had through out the season ...

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for Rodgers too. This team is light years from winning the SB with such a horrid defense. All week I was pointing out the immense mismatches Atlanta had against the Packers secondary. Please TT, step down. You can't evaluate and draft defensive talent in the draft. If the Packers can't toughen up and keep from being beaten up, they'll never have enough healthy players to compete. I give MM credit in trying new approaches to keep guys healthy. It hasn't worked. The Packers have a long term systemic injury epidemic and changes need to be made.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you all see the shove that Rogers gave on the sideline to the Atanta player? It was in the 2nd half. What was up with that?

Cheezh3ad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can win with our offense a lot as is just gonna get cornerbacks and pass rushers and we be in Super Bowl next year

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree. You've got a gazillion injuries on the team and you're coming off an 8 game winning streak, including knocking out the number 1 seed.

Injuries have been the excuse for six years running. It's subpar even when healthy.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an embarrassing blow out. I'm getting tired of seeing the same horrendous defense get crushed in playoff games year after year. Unfortunately, the same vanilla, soft defense gets trotted out and destroyed. After the first series the writing on the wall was there in that the Packers defense that was reeling over the final 2 1/2 quarters of the Cowboys game came out even softer.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have the most talented quarterback in the history of the national football league,
In Rodgers' playoff losses, the defense has now given up an average of over 36 points per game.

This stat here is what makes me barf, not to mention the 31 they gave up last week too.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll catch some hell for this, but oh well.

Aaron Rodgers deserves better than this garbage. I took a bit of a beating a few days ago when some tried to argue that we have better than good talent overall on this team. I'm sorry, but that's just not true. This supporting cast that Rodgers has to work with flat out sucks. You have reasonably talented receivers, a great pass blocking O-Line, but what else? You have a gutless defense that got punked all night long, the secondary is an absolute disgrace, Crosby misses the kick, Rip fumbles twice, luckily only one was called. Receivers dropping balls, and even the O-Line was getting punked in this game. The "strengths" of this team were weaknesses today.

Dom Capers has to GO. Awful game plan.

You have the most talented quarterback in the history of the national football league, the man has better overall playoff numbers for his career than Tom freaking Brady, and you give him this trash to work with?

Put Rodgers with Belichick, in that system that utilizes plays rather than players, with a Gronk level player, and a respectable defense, and they probably win 3 Super Bowls in the last 8-9 years.

Instead, you have this circus.

It's absolutely inexcusable, this organization needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and realize what you have at the quarterback position. The only time Rodgers has had a really good defense, he won the damn Super Bowl.

As an organization, how many more years of having Aaron Rodgers do you want to waste? He probably has 5 great years left in him, maybe 6 or 7 depending on how he ages. You have to find a way to cash in with more Super Bowls.

This team never had a chance from the opening kickoff today, and it's because of the garbage that Ted Thompson has put around Aaron Rodgers.

Heads need to ROLL after this game. I don't care who gets fired, but someones gotta go. And we need a great offseason between the draft and FA (yes, freaking sign someone. See how Jared Cook worked out?).

Without Rodgers this team doesn't win 3 games. I'm not joking.

It's an absolute disgrace.
The Packers took the beating you should not have to

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all the praise TT gets, much of it deserved, he has just not been able to put a solid defense on the field for any more than part of a season.

I would think Ted has another year or two left, perhaps more, but he has missed on drafting defensive players badly the past several years. Putting all his eggs in the Randall/Rollins basket was a costly mistake in light him letting Casey Hayward walk.

I worry that Rodgers will continue to have to will them to a Super Bowl on a yearly basis, until we have a GM who is a bit more aggressive in utilizing all methods of improving the roster.

Hopefully by then it won't be too late.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be an absolute travesty if Aaron ends up with one ring. I really thought he was going to get his 2nd this year.

Starting to think this is what every year is going to be if front office changes aren't made. TT needed to go 3 years ago. Go back and read the start of the fire Capers thread, the young defenders aren't better. Our D is slow, can't cover, can't tackle, and skill / talent / ranking wise is unchanged from when that thread started. Actually our D might be worse now. Have to start questioning our scouts who recommend some of these players.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly I do to. Opportunities don't come like this all the time. Still holding out hope he gets atleast 1 more ring.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys its not just on defense but Arod should have at least 1 elite wr to throw too on offense. All top QBs have something elite to throw it too rather its aTE, RB or a WR. This team talent level on offense and defense is mediocre to below average what im saying is you guys might point out jordy as elite but jordy is not elite he is above average. Aaron has no run game no one that can take it to the house on any given play. Lets not talk about the Defense and the projects that TT has been allowed to play with. Year after Year this defense is bad like i said this team has been riding on the back of aaron rodgers for years and now it time for something to be done. If MM cant do what it takes to start cutting people on his coaching staff and this training staff cause injuries are a problem every year for this packer team, I think MM needs to be gone right with his ship. This team needs a change of identity no teams are afraid of us anymore this team plays so soft year after year. I am tired of seeing the same excuses for this team.

Last edited:

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys its not just on defense but Arod should have at least 1 elite wr to throw too on offense. All top QBs have something elite to throw it too rather its a RB or a WR. This team talent level on offense and defense is mediocre to below average what im saying is you guys might point out jordy as elite but jordy is not elite he is above average. Aaron has no run game no one that can take it to the house on any given play. Lets not talk about the Defense and the projects that TT has been allowed to play with. Year after Year this defense is bad like i said this team has been riding on the back of aaron rodgers for years and now it time for something to be done. If MM cant do what it takes to start cutting people on his coaching staff and this training staff cause injuries are a problem every year for this packer team, I think MM needs to be gone right with his ship. This team needs a change of identity no team are afraid of us anymore this team plays so soft year after year. I am tired of seeing the same excuses for this team.

My God, you're reading my mind, MM needs to go, simply riding coattails and cashing checks.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score

It was worse in 2010

Members online

Latest posts