Im not Brett Favre

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He stated the obvious, Packer fans will be behind him all the way. Good young defense, great recieving corps, a few holes to fill here and there. I'm optimistic.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All they will ask of Rogers is to control the game, don't make mistakes and make the plays you should make. They're not going to expect him to be a superstar. Thompson has and will continue to build great support around him. We had a hall of fame qb from Green Bay that was chosen in the 17th round that was surrounded by a lot of other hall of famers. His name was Bart Starr and all he did was manage a great team and didn't make a lot of mistakes.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has a lot of potential and can lead us to a couple super bowls with the great receiving corps he has.

I agree.

I cant help but laugh at your username now though.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has a lot of potential and can lead us to a couple super bowls with the great receiving corps he has.
True Rodgers will be a great QB ... if eli won the SB ... then im sure rodgers can also

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Though I'm very sad to see favre go. I'm excited to see Rodgers play. At this point he has pretty good mobility and I think he can make some nice plays out of the pocket.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am becoming more optimistic about Aaron every day.

I am predicting:

3,200 passing yards

18 TDS

11 INTS

Gotta think positive.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im keeping my expectations low, but not too low.

his familiarity with the O will speed up his progress, but im not sut if anything can take the place of good ol' playing time.

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am predicting:

3,200 passing yards

18 TDS

11 INTS

Gotta think positive.

Hmm, I thinking more like:

4,800 passing yards

50 TDS

8 INTS

Book it. :p

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

I am predicting:

3,200 passing yards

18 TDS

11 INTS

Gotta think positive.

Hmm, I thinking more like:

4,800 passing yards

50 TDS

8 INTS

Book it. :p

Ha ha. I hate Tom Brady but those numbers are impressive.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna go 22 TDs and 15 interceptions this year for A-Rod. Just a guess. I think the system is forgiving but he still will have a ceiling for this season. If we have a run game, though, 22 TDs will probably get the job done.

An era ends--but a new one begins.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder what kind of passion he'll hold on the field. I don't have any doubts that he'll be a great QB.

He's the best QB to ever come out of Cal, and the man absolutely HATES losing. Other than Notre Dame, it was the Cal Bears that came the closest to beating USC when they had that Bush-Leinart thing going on. After Rodgers lost at the last second, I could tell right there--he wanted to hit the NFL.

Are we gonna see a good Rodgers who acts like Tony Romo? Or will we see a good Rodgers who acts like Tom Brady?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR is taking the right approach. There's no way he will fill Favre's shoes. The good thing though, is that he doesn't have to. He needs to be himself...manage the game with few mistakes and make the plays that are there. Let Jennings, Driver, etc. make the plays after the catch.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder what kind of passion he'll hold on the field. I don't have any doubts that he'll be a great QB.

He's the best QB to ever come out of Cal, and the man absolutely HATES losing. Other than Notre Dame, it was the Cal Bears that came the closest to beating USC when they had that Bush-Leinart thing going on. After Rodgers lost at the last second, I could tell right there--he wanted to hit the NFL.

Are we gonna see a good Rodgers who acts like Tony Romo? Or will we see a good Rodgers who acts like Tom Brady?

ACTUALLY Aaron and the Cal Bears BEAT USC when Bush and Leinart were starting and nearly beat them again the following year when Aaron threw 23 straight completions.

They were the ONLY team to beat USC in 2-3 years until Texas did it in 05.
Aaron was the only QB during that perdio to beat them

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A CA guy who says he loves being in GB? Tells me that he is relishing the opportunity to play in a football loving environment.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver- "For him to get in the huddle and say, 'Hey guys, just believe in me,' he was kind of shaky, because he didn't think guys believed in him," Driver said. "But we did believe in him. We were like, 'We want you to believe in us, but you have to believe in yourself first.' And I think now he knows that he believes in himself because he went out there and performed well."

I BELIEVE!!!

OP
OP
Tiger

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver- "For him to get in the huddle and say, 'Hey guys, just believe in me,' he was kind of shaky, because he didn't think guys believed in him," Driver said. "But we did believe in him. We were like, 'We want you to believe in us, but you have to believe in yourself first.' And I think now he knows that he believes in himself because he went out there and performed well."

I BELIEVE!!!

DD is a freakin' stud. I bet 3/4 of the Wide recievers in that situatiohn woudda said "Jus get me the damn ball!" or some dumb crap like that. I'm really looking forward to seeing ARod hook up for TD's with guys who he started out with on the scout team such as Ruvell Martin and Gregarious!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I BELIEVE!!!
I still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny! :lol:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BangTheDrum said:

I BELIEVE!!!
Dr. Seuss, mother goose... and little green apples

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All they will ask of Rogers is to control the game, don't make mistakes and make the plays you should make. They're not going to expect him to be a superstar. Thompson has and will continue to build great support around him. We had a hall of fame qb from Green Bay that was chosen in the 17th round that was surrounded by a lot of other hall of famers. His name was Bart Starr and all he did was manage a great team and didn't make a lot of mistakes.

A good comparison.

I think MM wanted a game manager and that's Rodgers' forte.

TT built MM a complete team - solid D, good OL (solid pass protection but could use a few tweaks on run blocking), good RBs, very good WRs. Rodgers should be able to win with this team if he doesn't turn the ball over too much and if he takes advantage of what the opposing D gives him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna go 22 TDs and 15 interceptions this year for A-Rod. Just a guess. I think the system is forgiving but he still will have a ceiling for this season. If we have a run game, though, 22 TDs will probably get the job done.

An era ends--but a new one begins.

I think I see a new post - over and under for Aaron Rodgers.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BangTheDrum said:

I BELIEVE!!!

AND THE TOOTH FAIRY!!! :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts