I'm needing to cleanse this loss away.....

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So - as the title of this thread states....

I'm needin' to cleanse this loss away!

And here's how to wake up some DIEHARD Packer fans.... Ya hey!

First off - we remember this --- Why are the Packers all buying microscopes?

Then we stiffen our Offensive mindset and "go for the gusto".... woohoo!
Diehard Packer fans never give up...ever! The Tundra is in my blood!

How about it Yooperfan... You got some yooper talk fer us,,eh?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats right us true Packer fans never give up. We have seen the good and the bad and the one constant is we stick with the Pack no Matter what.
Us Yoopers live in Michigan but in a recent poll 68 percent of us Yoopers expressed our dying allegiance to the Green Bay Packers.
We drive 150 miles through raging snowstorms just to see the holy land and some of us actually get to see a game once in a while. Even if we don't luck out and get tickets us Yoopers will find a local watering hole to watch the game and support the Pack and still know that the trip through the blizzard was worth it.
Packer fans never say die.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yooperfan - is, of course, from da U.P.

...which makes him a Yooper, eh? Oh yah.

Dere are only 250 towsend Yoopers in da whole world — oh yah, dat’s a lotta Yoopers.

Most Yoopers hold two tings more sacred den life itself: beer and guns. And of course, dey all root for da Packers; it’s a sad day in da U.P. when da Packers lose. But if any team from da Mitten loses, Yoopers rejoice. Oh yah. Deer ’unting is one of da most revered pastimes in da U.P., and November 15 (da first day of deer season) is like a national ’oliday in da U.P.. Yah, you betcha.

To learn the Yooperfan accent, repeated viewing of the movie Fargo is quite helpful; the accent in that film is fairly close to that in da U.P.. To learn the Yooper way of life, I can only suggest getting to know a real live Yooper, eh?

There are many things you will only find in da U.P., and nowhere else — not even in da Mitten. Pasties (pastry shells filled with meat and potato cubes) and cudighi (Italian sausage marinated in brandy) are Yooper soul foods, and largely unavailable outside da U.P.. Da Yoopers Tourist Trap, near Ishpeming, introduces trolls from da Mitten to the geology and lore of Yooperland, and even encourages the downstaters to spend all their money in da U.P.; but at the same time, the trolls are asked not to move to da U.P..

Say yah to da U.P., eh?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Yooperfan - is, of course, from da U.P.

...which makes him a Yooper, eh? Oh yah.

Dere are only 250 towsend Yoopers in da whole world — oh yah, dat’s a lotta Yoopers.

Most Yoopers hold two tings more sacred den life itself: beer and guns. And of course, dey all root for da Packers; it’s a sad day in da U.P. when da Packers lose. But if any team from da Mitten loses, Yoopers rejoice. Oh yah. Deer ’unting is one of da most revered pastimes in da U.P., and November 15 (da first day of deer season) is like a national ’oliday in da U.P.. Yah, you betcha.

To learn the Yooperfan accent, repeated viewing of the movie Fargo is quite helpful; the accent in that film is fairly close to that in da U.P.. To learn the Yooper way of life, I can only suggest getting to know a real live Yooper, eh?

There are many things you will only find in da U.P., and nowhere else — not even in da Mitten. Pasties (pastry shells filled with meat and potato cubes) and cudighi (Italian sausage marinated in brandy) are Yooper soul foods, and largely unavailable outside da U.P.. Da Yoopers Tourist Trap, near Ishpeming, introduces trolls from da Mitten to the geology and lore of Yooperland, and even encourages the downstaters to spend all their money in da U.P.; but at the same time, the trolls are asked not to move to da U.P..

Say yah to da U.P., eh?
Prez,
You sure know alot about The U.P. and Yoopers. Have you been here or do you know a good old Yooper.
I'm surprised you know about cudighi and even spelled it right. Der are alot of places in Da U.P. where dey never heard a da cudighi.
Goin to da Tourist Trap is like goin to da Packer Pro Shop.
Some a dem Packers like to come up here to unt and fish.
Ishpeming had a team that used to play da Packers in the early years.
Of course Steve Marriucci is from da U.P. but he cast his lot wit dem trolls now.
WE GO GREEN BAY JUST TO WATCH DEM PACKERS PLAY!

Say yah to dem Packers too.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Thats right us true Packer fans never give up. We have seen the good and the bad and the one constant is we stick with the Pack no Matter what.
Us Yoopers live in Michigan but in a recent poll 68 percent of us Yoopers expressed our dying allegiance to the Green Bay Packers.
We drive 150 miles through raging snowstorms just to see the holy land and some of us actually get to see a game once in a while. Even if we don't luck out and get tickets us Yoopers will find a local watering hole to watch the game and support the Pack and still know that the trip through the blizzard was worth it.
Packer fans never say die.

Hey I dont want to give up neither. But Its a long rough road ahead.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey der Yooper...Good week on your picks! Good Pack fan here in my hometown is from der. He say's he went to high school with the mooch. Say's he used to sneak into Packers games as a kid. Crafty people dem yoopers you know. Great fishing der also he says. he said his brother was dropped on his head as a baby and dats why he's one a dem Lions Fans you know.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesehog said:
Hey der Yooper...Good week on your picks! Good Pack fan here in my hometown is from der. He say's he went to high school with the mooch. Say's he used to sneak into Packers games as a kid. Crafty people dem yoopers you know. Great fishing der also he says. he said his brother was dropped on his head as a baby and dats why he's one a dem Lions Fans you know.
Tanks eh Cheese! Good to ear yo got a Yooper Packer fan where you hail from.
Say Ya to da Pack eh!
Why did Prez get me started doing this?

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I been down dat road before chick but ya know when you get out of dem woods it will be smood sailin for a while.
Keep dat chin up and always believe in dem Packers.

i second your comments yooper. we are better than our record shows. Sherman is a spinless jellyfish.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've met several Yoopers, der hey.. in my day....
Back a couple of years ago... We were contacted, by a Yooper who joined up at IPB.... He even got one of our Tees.. took a pic of it standing out on that Hawaiian island.... His name is YooperTrav.... I'll have to see if I have his info... We had him all set to create another Packer Club in Hawaii - called Cheeseheads in Paradise..... Ya hey! But, it didn't pan out, der.... His wife is in the Army and he's "forced" to live on the Islands..... doh!

Never let this thread die.. Woohooo!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The western and central U.P. are solid Packer country. It seems to get a little shaky when you get way out east toward the bridge, though. There are a few more Lions fans out that way. Growing up in the Iron Mountain area (Quinnesec, to be exact), my family was a hundred miles due north of Green Bay, which was a mecca to us: not only the Packers, but Port Plaza mall and the Bay Beach amusement park!

Members online

Latest posts