Im likeing our d-line for next year

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman,Jenkins, Williams & Pickett starting. KGB alternating with the other 2 ends on passing downs. We can get pressure with 4 rushers. Somethign we havent had since the Reggie days.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree they have played much better as the year has progressed.

What happened to Colin Cole? He has been invisible this year as well as Mike Montgomery.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman,Jenkins, Williams & Pickett starting. KGB alternating with the other 2 ends on passing downs. We can get pressure with 4 rushers. Somethign we havent had since the Reggie days.

Jenkins, Cole, Allen, and Williams are not signed for next year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to add one more DE. Someone like Justin Smith (he's on my wish list) Have him compete with Jenkins at DE and then on passing downs have Smith play DE and move Jenkins inside with Corey Williams and Kampman on the other outside.

KGB is a good guy but he's overpaid and needs to restructure his deal and ACCEPT a smaller role. If he does then keep him. If not then cut him.

1st we have to resign Jenkins and Williams though.

packerbro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cole is second behind Pickett in Tackles this year. He is not a big pass rusher so he did not get the all eye catching Sacks, like Williams and Jenkins. but if you look at the stats he did better at tackles, with less playing time; Pickett had no sacks this year and Cole only one, but both of these guys are there to stop the run. :cheerleader:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether or not they restructure KGB's contract, he seem to make the most of his playing time yesterday. He sure put a lot of pressure on the QB when he was in even on plays that he didn't get a sack. That is something we haven't seen him do much this year.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm very upbeat about most every position on this team...

Jenkins--Pickett--Williams--Kampman is a solid starting four...the defense's success nearly reflects Cullen Jenkins' move into the starting lineup...if he is not re-signed and KGB is paid a lot of money to be a one down player it's a great injustice

We still need some beef inside for #3 and #4 DT's...the Kenderick Allen experiment failed, perhaps Johnny Jolly is ready for more snaps, and Colin Cole if he's still around...no reason we can't pick up a fat DT for run situations (like ATL and grady jackson) for semi-cheap

on the defensive end we just need an extra player or two to relieve Kampman for a play here and there, he was an all-pro even though he was the focal point of our defense

Members online

Latest posts