I'm jumping off TT's bandwagon now!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we essentially trade Chad Jackson to the pats, and then literally trade Javon to Denver for some 2-5th round picks?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL!

If you KNEW you were trading Javon, why'd you give up on the top wr prospect in the draft?

I've been very supportive of TT...but I'm fairly curious about these moves!

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, you're about 200% right about that...if you can't tell, a knee jerk response post...I had been away from the draft for a bit, and first thing I see is javon gone, and not selecting jackson. I've settled down and am now excited about colledge, but Jennings seems small and unproven

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've read on Jennings' bio, IMHO we have him because he is smart, durable and runs crisp, clean routes. That was the shining point to Murphy, his well ran routes...IMHO.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year at draft time every packers fan was going on and on about drafting Ernest Shazoe safety from Michigan and were pissed that Nick Collins was picked and every pick they got angry that the Packers hadn't taken Shazor yet. It turned out he wasn't drafted and all, got signed with some team, Chiefs maybe?, and he ended up getting cut.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my prob w/ jennings at the moment is that he seems a lot like Chatman...so if TT didn't want to keep chatman for whatever reason, why spend a high draft pick to replace a guy that seems like a clone of who you released?!?!]

As was already said...I probably don't know my corn hole from a hole in the ground, so I'll (try) to stop wasting space w/ my irrational posts...I like colledge and LOVE the Hawk pick though!

Reaction score
musccy said:
my prob w/ jennings at the moment is that he seems a lot like Chatman...so if TT didn't want to keep chatman for whatever reason, why spend a high draft pick to replace a guy that seems like a clone of who you released?!?!]

The thing that surprised me is that he is small. Our system will call for tall WR's, but he isn't that tall by any strech of the imagination. He is a solid prospect that will return kicks, but I need more info on him. :-?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chatman was 5-9

Jennings is 5-11

lets not compare him to chatman. yes hes shorter than the rest of our WRs, but that he sounds\looks impressive. time will tell.

Reaction score
Good point Trom. Apparently, he is a great route runner, that even though isn't a deep threat, can make the room with his running skills to make short gain catches, and has shown the ability to have some power and run through tackles. Ah, it makes sense now... :)

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Gardner and Driver can be decent deep threats, and Jennings can cause trouble underneath and be a good returner.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
So we essentially trade Chad Jackson to the pats, and then literally trade Javon to Denver for some 2-5th round picks?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL!

If you KNEW you were trading Javon, why'd you give up on the top wr prospect in the draft?

I've been very supportive of TT...but I'm fairly curious about these moves!

Mee to Musccy me too I dont understand this we gave Javon a kick in the butt and intead of getting Chad we got a small WR Jennings, yes Chatman look alike but will he have Chatman´s heart???

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Super, forget about the DEEP BALL with our new scheme. Rumors have it that it will be next to non-existent.
I agree. I haven't been overwehlmed by their deep patterns last year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, he is just like chatman

except in size
except in length
except in speed
except in YAC

hmmm.....you want a mulligan, chamuko?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least you got Hawk. Want to see a really sorry *** draft? Check out what Jerry Angelo has done for the Bears today.

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
:x :x :x

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil!

Why did he get a DT and a safety?

What the hell was he thinking?~!?!?!?!?!?!!?!! sucks for you guys there.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I can you can say what you want about the individual players selected by the packers, pro or con, but at least we know the biggest needs have been addressed. Linebacker Reciever and O line.