I'm happy with MM so far

G0dLivesInGreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m happy with MM so far. Every week I have seen progress from the previous week and this includes the preseason games. It would be nice to see the Packers win 2 or at least 1 since the opener, but all the player changes we had in the offseason and trades along the way and with new head coaches, it looks like that thought is more fantasy than reality. Can we really expect a 1st time head coach to win games against teams that have been establishing themselves for years?

If you look at the improvements from the Bears game to the NO game, you will spot many. Our special teams play was better. Our offensive was better. Our defense was a bit better. We didn’t have our safeties asking the CBs where they should be, but with Carroll in our lineup, you throw to him several times and you’ll get a holding penalty every 2 passes and one open guy every 4. I think Pop got better, but not at the level he needs to be. He only let one guy get away against NO, not like the 5 or 6 in the Bears game.

If they improve like this in the Lions game, there is no doubt it’s a sure win. I’m still a bit nervous about our backfield. It seems like they are still out of position on many plays. I think MM knows this and we should see improved play as the safeties get more comfortable with the CBs.

One of the biggest things I’ve seen so far is that Brett is more controlled. He’s not going for the crazy sh*t that we’ve seen last year (besides the Bears game but the game was far out of reach). The discipline can be attributed to MM. Looks like MM is really stressing Brent to cut that sh*t out and be more selective on his passes. Good for him. I expect another TD > INT game from him this Sunday. BTW, Brett not playing well in domes is total BS.

I still have faith in a good season. But that will change if we lose this Sunday.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
G0dLivesInGreenBay said:
I’m happy with MM so far. Every week I have seen progress from the previous week and this includes the preseason games.

Let me see, awful vs. the Chargers, pretty good vs. the Falcons, God awful vs. the Bengals, who knows vs. the Titans, embarassing against the Bears and decent against the Saints (though we blew a big lead). I'd hardly call that improvement each week.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pre season doesnt count

I'm not happy with McCarthy at all.

He said all the right things and is being inconsistent on the field. Example. THE RUNNING GAME!
Draw play after draw play? Shotgun formations all the time with no RB?

Guess there's a reason he's a HC an I'm not, but I think that's silly to be that obvious.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!1
He's making other teams fall into a lull with his play calling and then after week six or seven he's gonna change it all up so they have to get a new grip on the packers offense!!!!!!!

Bah, I don't know. Just like the players, I will give him a chance, just not thrilled with the first two games.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this won't stop anyone ranting, but...

I really think that MM can't be jugded until Week 5 (Rams). The Pack are still making deals 2 weeks into the season. The Lions and the Rams will be good tests for this team. And the Eagles will be slightly tougher. The next three weeks can provide a better indication of how he will do as a head coach.

Preseason? Not a very good indicator, even for a coach.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this rate he will be 0-16 after the season...0-32 after tw seasons...0-...well you get it!!! We just need to get a win. I'm not really down on MM yet. Week one we were clearly not prepared. Last week we came out with a little more life. My concern is with Bob Sanders right now. Our defense, or more specifically defensive secondary seems to have taken a step backward. Maybe it's Schott, I dunno but if it is, Schott is gonna get Sanders fired and Sanders is gonna get MM fired.

Pablo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
G0dLivesInGreenBay said:
I’m happy with MM so far.

Let me tell you right now it doesn't work - I know from experience:

Matt Millen
Marty Mornhinweg
Millen & Mariucci
Millen & Marinelli

Stay away from the M&M's!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's so hard to judge MM currently and its sooooo early. The team he's coaching virtually was turned upside down and shaken out. I really don't think (insert favorite Head Coach here) would do any different with this team at this stage.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are losing and I just don't think you can have it all ways.

You can't say it's because of new coaching because other teams with new coaching staffs this year are winning.

You can't say it's because of new schemes because other teams with new schemes are winning, and these guys have been practicing since last April.

You can't say it's because of youth because other teams are winning with youth.

You can't say TT's brought in great talent and added depth, because if that's the case then they should be playing better than before he got here.

Teams lose for a reason. Or maybe in this case, for a multitude of reasons.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a talent issue...as TT builds more talent and depth, McCarthy will magically become a better coach. If the 90's Packers were playing right now, they'd probably win a ton of games in spite of McCarthy (if he truly is a bad coach).

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
I agree with some what some people said above that we can't really judge MM right now. I was confused and somewhat angered when he was hired, but I was going to give him a chance. Obviously we don't have great talent right now, so that can neglect some of the blame but I don't want to declare him a bad coach till some late this season or after this season at earliest

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Payton is winning.

Childress is winning.

They seem to know about Head Coaching, they adjust and take risks and win.

So far I havent seen any of this in MM, he looks lost to me.

My guess is 2-14, 1-15 he gets fired and TT rehires Bates....But TT wont do that so after 2 years of MM TT should have a record like 6-42 and both get fired.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Harlan picked Ted, Jones might want to pick his own guy and fire Ted

I think this will all be determined about a year from now.

If we improve throughout this year, end up anywhere near .500 and then look good at the beginning of next year, TT will be given time to implement his "plan".

But if we end up somewhere around 4-12 again this year and then open up next year with a few losses, my guess is that TT will be fired and a new GM will be brought in midseason so that he has ample time to evaluate where the team and coaching staff are at.

Just as TT wanted his own guys in here, so may Jones. We shall see.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil,

What are you doing here on a Packer forum on a friday night?

No date tonight....or did she spring a leak?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Phil,

I am working 12 hours a night, 7 days a week.
When people are bored they will even find amusment doing almost anything.... much like pulling the wings off of insects.

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1500+ posts on a Packer forum... entertaining or not, that's pretty pathetic for someone not even into the team.

im sure you'll have a witty retort -- i mean, how else would you accumulate so many posts? ill be waiting anxiously for it.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
majikman said:
Phil,

When people are bored they will even find amusment doing almost anything.... much like pulling the wings off of insects.

12 hours a night 7 days a week? Damn how many toilets in Chicago can clog at the same time?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
1500+ posts on a Packer forum... entertaining or not, that's pretty pathetic for someone not even into the team.

im sure you'll have a witty retort -- i mean, how else would you accumulate so many posts? ill be waiting anxiously for it.

Please, please don't give your opinion on me. Thanks :)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Philtration said:
majikman said:
Phil,

12 hours a night 7 days a week? Damn how many toilets in Chicago can clog at the same time?

You know what they say about guys with tiny little avitars....

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
It's so hard to judge MM currently and its sooooo early. The team he's coaching virtually was turned upside down and shaken out. I really don't think (insert favorite Head Coach here) would do any different with this team at this stage.

:D Insert Lombardi and you'd see the difference immediately

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
DePack said:
Philtration said:
majikman said:
Phil,

No...what? Does it have anything to do with clogged toilets :roll:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey phil... your working 12 hours a night, 7 days a week. Your job sucks man i wouldnt tell people that. in fact im suprised your still alive... i would have killed myself long ago.

and i just realized you have 1519 post in a packer forum ... thats so sad i cant even believe it . Boredom is no excuse for 1519 posts my man.... thats border line obsession. a sad pathetic obsession

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Philtration said:
DePack said:
Philtration said:
majikman said:
Phil,

No...what? Does it have anything to do with clogged toilets :roll:

Aahhhh.... you are both full of s**t?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts