I'm going to Lambeau for the first time!

ChicoAndy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packers Fans!

I am joining you from Chico, CA. (home town of Aaron Rogers). I am an NFL fanatic. So much so that my brother and I are planning to visit a different NFL Stadium every year until we have seen them all.
Our first choice, and it was an easy decision, was to visit "The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field."
We are planning on attending the night game against "Da Bears" on Oct 7th. Unfortunately I am having trouble finding hotel accomadations (unless I want to pay at least $150/night for 3 nights- and I don't). Is this common for all hotels to book up in this area? Are there other towns nearby that are easily accessible to Lambeau that you would recommend me trying?
Any and all advise on hotels would be appreciated.
Thanks,

ChicoAndy

jpigeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very common, especially for Packer/Bear game, and even more so because it's a Sunday night game. Have you given the Appleton area a try for hotels. It's about 30 miles south. Otherwise, you may have luck towards the Manitowoc area, about 40 minutes Southwest of Green Bay. Also, have you bought plane tickets yet? Depending on where you'd end up staying, you may want to fly into Milwaukee or Appleton as opposed to Green Bay, more carrier choices. Hope this helps.

Have a great time at Lambeau. While you're in town, you gotta eat at Kroll's, right across the street from the stadium, or a place called Chili John's on Military avenue, about 2 miles from the stadium. Fran Tarkenton used to go to Chili John's for a super bowl of extra hot, when he played for the Vikes.

I work for FOX/CBS Sports as a cameraman and have done games at Lambeau since the mid 70's, I've also worked in almost every stadium in the NFL, and even though I may be a little prejudiced, Lambeau is the best in the NFL. There's not a bad seat in the house.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sounds about right. You can get a little cheaper in Appleton/Neenah and are still only 30 miles from the stadium. In fact most visitng teams stay in Appleton the night before the game. If you want to find something a little cheaper still, expand your search area to Shawno(NW), Manitowoc/Two Rivers(SE), or Oshkosh(S), they are all in the 40-50 mile range kind of putting you out of the action, but usually more affordable.

Welcome to the board.

Members online

Latest posts