1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm getting my football fix; are you??

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by CaliforniaCheez, Jul 13, 2007.

1. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen a couple of CFL games so far. Hey it is better than NFL Europa and it is also better than no football.

Anyone else following it?

It is bad when the first time I ever heard of a cell phone company is when they are the official cellphone of the CFL.

Good to know I had the offical hamburger of the CFL today also.

2. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I watched part of a game, but I was getting so confused I had to turn the channel. I need to read about the difference in rules before I'd be able to enjoy the CFL.

There was something where a guy was returning the ball (can't recall if it was a punt or kick off) and he took a knee in the endzone, and the announcer said something about the guy forfeiting a point instead of taking his chances running. Maybe I missunderstood the guy, but that sounds to me like if you take a knee in the endzone on a return, you forfeit a point. That's when I turned the channel. It made my head hurt.

3. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I enjoy the CFL a lot, but then I live in B.C. where we have a team. It's a different game than the NFL, based more on passing the ball, since there are 3 downs and not 4.

Nathaniel, if you really want to be confused, just wait until the day you see a reciever catch a pass, run upfield, and then punt the ball as far as he can. If he punts it through the endzone, or if he punts it into the endzone and the other team can't get it out, it's that single point again, and that could be the difference between a tie and a win. The punted ball is also live if(I believe), the man on your team running after the punted ball was behind at least 1 defender at the time of the catch and punt. You hardly ever see that kind of thing though. Kicking a field goal wide, but through the back of the endzone is also a single point, and same thing if you miss a field goal, the other team's man catches it in the endzone, and is unable to get it out. You'll also often see teams conceding the single point instead of punting the ball out of the endzone.

4. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been watching it on NASN too, its funny seeing some ex Packers like Boeringter and that punt returner we cut after the draft last year

5. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's crazy! Haha! I may have to watch just so I can see that happen!

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't have access to watch CFL games. I DID see where a small brawl broke out (had it on ESPN i think) where the one coach threw a water bottle at one of the other teams players when he was down.
    Hey........what IS the "official hamburger" of the CFL???

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The interesting thing that Packer punter Ryan had down was punting into the endzone and bouncing it sideways out of bounds so it would not be returned.

One thing I find humorous is Henry Burris (former third stringer for the Packers for half a season until Sherman cut him and put him on the practice squad). Henry struts around Calgary like he's a star player but he is not that good on the field.

I used to hate Canadian Football especially during the 1982 strike when there were no NFL games. However, as I have seen more of it I have come to appreciate it. At least until September; or August.