1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm depressed as Hell!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Mar 20, 2008.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It just hit me...I signed up for Medicare yesterday and will start drawing Social security in July. Talk about waking up and realizing you're no spring chicken anymore. I need a drink, but I'm at school. :beer:

To top it off, I'm on jury duty next week...our spring vacation. This is U.S. Federal Court and a rather high profile case here. Probably last the whole friggin' week and that will really piss me off. :evil:

Cheers....

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
  3. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Of course you are depressed as hell. you are old and you live in MONTANA!!!!!

Hehe....that was for Cheesey.

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd live in Montana in a heartbeat if I could stomach the winters. Well, I can't stomach the winters. That's why I'm in CA. But man is that place beautiful.

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Zombie. The part we live in is beautiful. Depending upon where you live, yes the winters can be brutal. but that's mostly in the high mountains or the Eastern plains. The Missoula valley and Bitterroot valley are pretty mild in winter, but we live just high enough that when it's raining down below us we're getting snow....and more snow.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Your new monicher Trippster........
    "Trippster......getting more CHEESEY by the minute!"
    :lol:
    (I'm PROUD of you!!!) :wink:

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Don't feel TOO bad Bob.......i have been on Medicare for 10 years already.
    Of course i'm not as OLD as you! :wink: :lol:

8. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're not as old as me???? WTF! Am I the oldest guy on this forum? If I am I want to renegotiate my contract with Ryan. You know, veterans get the biggest salaries.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Then YOU my friend will be a zillionaire!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    (oh...i'm SO BAD!!!) :lol:

10. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I was only kidding Bob. I hear it is amazingly pretty there. As a matter of fact, I am supposed to go there this summer to play golf at a new development near missoula, called the Rock Creek Cattle Company Golf development. it is on the northeast side of the Flint Creek Mountain Range. and next to Deer Lodge, MT http://www.rockcreekcattlecompany.com/

11. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can only hope so. I understand your Medicare position and that you've been on for awhile but what a hassle trying to get an appointment. NOBODY answers the phone. I finally got a phone sign-up appointment and that went very smoothly.

12. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Montana... I've got cousins there... also in Minnesota, but they're huge Vikings fans so I'm not too close with them.

13. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't get to close either,P-F. I have cousins in Cleveland Ohio that are Browns fans and between that and their ever lasting Lake Erie smell I can't stand to get within 200 miles of them.

14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, our site historian is older than you are by a decade if I'm not mistaken.

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My father is partially retired and bought a condo in Whitefish before the prices went absolutely nuts. He keeps inviting me but my a** is broke but one of these days...

Anyways, I've seen literally over 1000 pictures he's taken. if that's not God's country, I want someone to prove me somewhere else is.

16. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I was only kidding Bob. I hear it is amazingly pretty there. As a matter of fact, I am supposed to go there this summer to play golf at a new development near missoula, called the Rock Creek Cattle Company Golf development. it is on the northeast side of the Flint Creek Mountain Range. and next to Deer Lodge, MT http://www.rockcreekcattlecompany.com/

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yesterday i saw that a friend from my childhood days Dad passed away. I haven't seen Jeff in 30 years. So i stopped at the funeral home today to pay my respects. The only thing i recognized about Jeff was his eyes......he's bald, and looks real old. For the first time in my life, i feel really old. He's the same age as me........if i changed as much as he has, god, i must look alot worse then i even thought. It was like a kick in the nads.
    Reality just gave me a HUGE smack down.
    But i'm glad i was able to let him know i hadn't forgot him.

18. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know you're kidding Trippster. I hope you have a good time golfing there. That whole Rock Creek Development and Bill Foley have left a sour taste in some peoples mouths as his development is an "exclusive" type and the locals don't like that. I don't know enough about it to say one way or the other, but I know this guy tried to put a gated community in Missoula years ago and about got run out of the country.

19. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Not only are you sad, you're going to be possessed now. You have 666 posts. So you're depressed, and demons are watching you, so you got that going for you.

At least you don't have super aids.

20. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Sometimes you crack me up dude.

EDIT: Damn I missed my second round pick post. The Vikes suck.

21. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Aw man, I'm going home and sleep the day away.

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I heard thats what most old people do. :lol: :lol: :lol:

23. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ouch. We're certainly not doing a good job cheering the guy up.

If I ever get depressed about something, I'm definitely not going to spill my guts here.

24. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh, right Zombie. And to add to this misery, my wife took my truck today to go to Spokane WA for the weekend with friend of hers. Her Grand Am threw a computer chip last night and presto!...no headlights. So I took her coveted Convertible to work. Now this is a summer joy ride car only.

It just stopped snowing. 8 inches of beautiful white stuff on her car. And she just calls me from Lookout Pass....."Bob, if there is snow on my baby, you are gonna have hell to pay."
    "No dear, the sun is out and your car looks gorgeous."

"My ***.!!"

25. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh. Too bad you don't have that car here. It's gorgeous here right now. Springs and Falls in the San Francisco area are beautiful. Summer gets too hot, and one of these days when I have money, I'll take up Dad's offer and spend some time in Whitefish.