1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Back...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Krymestone, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Krymestone

Krymestone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Not that I made a huge splash when I came to this forum back in January I think, when the playoffs were in full swing and I was supporting you guys vs. the Bears for the NFC championship game. I am a Saints fan, and I got another message board buddy who's a Pack fan. We're pretty respectful toward each other, and both have a common enemy in The Bears Fan.

anyway, watching the bears eviscerate the falcons yesterday was a bit scary. Our defense is awful and I'm a bit skerred about the game now...however, I'm hoping the offense proves to be better than the falcons' offense...which should be pretty obvious.

Good luck to the Pack this year and no hard feelings...it was a great game and if our defense could've shown up maybe the Saints could've won. the good news is all of the NFC south lost, so no ground is lost.

Cheers.

2. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    You're right, it was a great season opener with two incredible teams. Don't worry about those pesky Bears. A little luck fell their way, like the beginning of last season. They still suck.

3. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    Hey Saints fan - keep in mind not all packer fans HATE the Bears, it depends on where they live and where they grew up in some cases. For Instance, SE WI its a dislike for the bears, SW WI its the vikings. cheers!

4. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    For die-hard fans, its both!

• Like Like x 2
  5. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Well, one thing you have going is the fact I think your offense puts the Dirty Birds to shame. You have to remember that the Bears only lost to the Packers 10-3, and then 21-14. All you need to do is outscore the Bears and sometimes that is frightening easy.

I'm still thinking there will be a good chance for a rematch between our two teams in the playoffs.

6. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Hey, I lived in NE Illinois for 13 years. And I hated BOTH the Bears and the Vikings! :p

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    Exactly! I hate the Bears, Vikings, and Lions. I just happen to hate the Lions the least!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Awww! Welcome back, Saints fan! I wouldn't worry all too much about your D or your team as a whole for that matter. That was a good game last Thursday, for you Saints fans, try and focus on the good things from that game. Brees and Rodgers put on a duel, despite the outcome for you guys, I think your team is strong, with a lot of talent. You will regroup and there is a very good chance we may meet again! I wouldn't worry about those Bears either, they can be somewhat inconsistent. A blowout for them this week and a blowout against them the next. The problem with the Bears is they're not really reliable/ dependable. You don't always know when they are going to show up and I'm not even going to start on Cutler. I'll just say Brees blows Cutler out of the water any day.

Good luck to your Saints the rest of the season, try not to focus so much on one game!

9. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Welcome back to the site! Glad to see you are making a return. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    We always like knowledgebable fans of other teams here. Fun to see their perspective on things.

11. Krymestone

Krymestone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    :) hey thanks for the reinforcement, all. kitten, you're absolutely right about the bear, and i like brees over cutler, too. they just are very fortunate sometimes...i'm hoping the dome will bring their...doom. the saints d should play very angry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Seems to me that I see more hatred for Bears than the Vikes on here.

13. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,987
    I think it is in the true Packer Backer dna. Or it may in the super secret Packer Fan club charter that one must hate the Bears supremely and be able to say "The Bears still suck" for their first sentence. I know it's a rule somewhere. The Vikings are just an occasional annoyance. The Bears are considered to be a boil on the backside of the universe.

14. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    We've had longer to hate Da Bears and to allow the hatred to build. Also, when have the Queens ever really won anything besides the Division. It seems harder to hate a perennial loser.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Seems like a fun club.
    I would join just to see what the secret handshake looks like.

I don't think they'd let me join though since I hate the Vikes more since a name similar to mine was a traitor with them.

16. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Meatball bear nation is by far the most annoying thing I have ever experienced in sports. They go from bitter to full meatball mode in the matter of 1 game and vice versa. They are already booking hotel rooms for Indy after week 1. I can not say I am looking forward to my trip to IL next week.