I'm back

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DarkaneRules said:
Every QB needs pass protection to be effective don't they?
Most do. There are some that did well without it. The best i remember was Fran Tarkinton.

Fran Tarkinton was a Hall of Fame QB, and I remember him running for his life very often after the ball was hiked. His OL was horrible. It would be amazing to see what he could have done if he had an OL.

The other one I remember was Lynn ****ey. The Packers had a horrible OL. Unfortunately, ****ey took a lot of punishment and didn't play as many seasons as I would have liked to see him play. ****ey had the best long ball I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of QBs in my day.

When I see P Manning, Tony Romo, and Tom Brady play these days, it's just disgusting. They have so much time to throw that you could put just about anyone in their shoes and they'd be good. Yes, I am taking away from all 3 QBs. If you don't have to worry about getting hit, and have enough time back there to pick your nose before looking for an open receiver, then of course you're going to be good. I know Brady would be good without an OL, but I wonder if P Manning or Tony Romo would too. And don't tell me about Tony Romo's scrambling ability. I could scramble behind that OL.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol im pretty sure Manning would be horrible behind a bad OL, it sure would be funny to watch though. He's as slow as molasses. :D

Staff online

Members online