I'm back

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that was a good game. I underestimated Grant and over estimated Favre. Anyways that was a decent game although it should have been a 17 point route had TO not made the worst play on a ball I've seen in a while.... Favre played like the old Farve for some reason and made some really stupid choices while he was in. I told you that 5 wide crap would force him to eat dirt and sure enough it did. You guys had some huge penalty's but only one you didn't deserve(that last PO call) but then again Ware wasn't offsides and that would have been 3 points off the board for you guys. Rogers played very well but weather it was because he is truly skilled or just because we were not prepared for him we probably won't know for a couple years. Your big 5 did alright but mostly its all Gennings , that guy is by far the best WR on your team , he's a beast. Lets talk injuries now. Yes I reckon you guys will either respond to me saying "We had injuries" or "The Refs were out to get us!". Both are cop outs. Your the 2nd most penalized team coming into this game and you will without a doubt hold there or go up. Injuries now , KGB and Woodson out. Well I could compare our injury problems with yours like so , our #2 corner has had a high ankle sprain and it has limited him to merely dime defense and our#2 WR Terry Glenn has been out all year now. Injuries are tough but you have to work through them. Your best corner in Al Harris still was eaten alive not only by Owens but also by Crayton one time. I do not think Woodson would have been a game changer there. KGB is a great pass rusher but even your best pass rusher pressured Romo once? maybe twice? Now finally old man Favre , sure he was injured but it was because your line could not pick up protection , not our fault he was hit some 6 times by the 2nd quarter. Overall an exciting game but we were the better team. We most likely will see you again in Dallas and good luck with the rest of your season.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that was a good game. I underestimated Grant and over estimated Favre. Anyways that was a decent game although it should have been a 17 point route had TO not made the worst play on a ball I've seen in a while.... Favre played like the old Farve for some reason and made some really stupid choices while he was in. I told you that 5 wide crap would force him to eat dirt and sure enough it did. You guys had some huge penalty's but only one you didn't deserve(that last PO call) but then again Ware wasn't offsides and that would have been 3 points off the board for you guys. Rogers played very well but weather it was because he is truly skilled or just because we were not prepared for him we probably won't know for a couple years. Your big 5 did alright but mostly its all Gennings , that guy is by far the best WR on your team , he's a beast. Lets talk injuries now. Yes I reckon you guys will either respond to me saying "We had injuries" or "The Refs were out to get us!". Both are cop outs. Your the 2nd most penalized team coming into this game and you will without a doubt hold there or go up. Injuries now , KGB and Woodson out. Well I could compare our injury problems with yours like so , our #2 corner has had a high ankle sprain and it has limited him to merely dime defense and our#2 WR Terry Glenn has been out all year now. Injuries are tough but you have to work through them. Your best corner in Al Harris still was eaten alive not only by Owens but also by Crayton one time. I do not think Woodson would have been a game changer there. KGB is a great pass rusher but even your best pass rusher pressured Romo once? maybe twice? Now finally old man Favre , sure he was injured but it was because your line could not pick up protection , not our fault he was hit some 6 times by the 2nd quarter Overall an exciting game but we were the better team. We most likely will see you again in Dallas and good luck with the rest of your season.

Well, I'll agree with some of your post...Haha! But it wasn't a 17 point route, and despite the injuries and calls, we still hung in there. You say coulda, I say shoulda...We'll hopefully see you in the playoffs, healthy and ready to go!

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that was a good game. I underestimated Grant and over estimated Favre. Anyways that was a decent game although it should have been a 17 point route had TO not made the worst play on a ball I've seen in a while.... Favre played like the old Farve for some reason and made some really stupid choices while he was in. I told you that 5 wide crap would force him to eat dirt and sure enough it did. You guys had some huge penalty's but only one you didn't deserve(that last PO call) but then again Ware wasn't offsides and that would have been 3 points off the board for you guys. Rogers played very well but weather it was because he is truly skilled or just because we were not prepared for him we probably won't know for a couple years. Your big 5 did alright but mostly its all Gennings , that guy is by far the best WR on your team , he's a beast. Lets talk injuries now. Yes I reckon you guys will either respond to me saying "We had injuries" or "The Refs were out to get us!". Both are cop outs. Your the 2nd most penalized team coming into this game and you will without a doubt hold there or go up. Injuries now , KGB and Woodson out. Well I could compare our injury problems with yours like so , our #2 corner has had a high ankle sprain and it has limited him to merely dime defense and our#2 WR Terry Glenn has been out all year now. Injuries are tough but you have to work through them. Your best corner in Al Harris still was eaten alive not only by Owens but also by Crayton one time. I do not think Woodson would have been a game changer there. KGB is a great pass rusher but even your best pass rusher pressured Romo once? maybe twice? Now finally old man Favre , sure he was injured but it was because your line could not pick up protection , not our fault he was hit some 6 times by the 2nd quarter Overall an exciting game but we were the better team. We most likely will see you again in Dallas and good luck with the rest of your season.

lol. the cowboys played nearly perfect and were pretty healthy. GB was crippled on D and favre played his worst of the season and they were still in the game late.

i can play too. it should have been a GB blowout had GB had their D healthy and favre played as great as he's been.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the comment about the penalties and injuries not being solid defenses for the outcome. The players on the Packers agree with your opinion that they have to believe in the teammates around them to step up if called upon, and as far as defending, they just did not execute to the level Dallas did. As far as injuries go, football is a physical game and injuries are an inevitability.

One thing I don't agree with in your post is your spelling. It is supposed to be WHETHER not WEATHER ;)

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the cowboys could play a manly game outside i think it would be different, even with the terrible calls and all the injuries, but gotta hand it to ya, ya play well in perfect conditions when everything goes your way.

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings, it's Jennings. He isn't the best wide receiver on the team, but he's getting there.
agreed...watching one packer game doesn't mean you should jump to conclusions, Hes got a loooooong way to go before he is at the level of Driver

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your best corner in Al Harris still was eaten alive not only by Owens but also by Crayton one time. I do not think Woodson would have been a game changer there. th the rest of your season.

That's wrong. When you are singled down to one good CB or defensive back end for one game and other CB's and safetys are exploited because of injuries to Woodson and Rouse then they system has to be changed to coup with that. Harris had to come off of Owens and he was occupied with stopping 2 people at once because Bush is a liability on the field. We couldn't play our bump and run game because besides Harris we couldn't guard it man to man like it would be with Woodson and Rouse.

As far as KGB goes. Same thing applies. the Cowboys were doubling up on Kampman and stopping our BIG threat. However with KGB that would not be an option as he would bring pressure from the other side and it would be more one on one from both sides which would most certainly bring pressure. They are the 2 best pass rushers on the team and 2 of the best in the league. KGB is FAST that's his game. Stopping one great DE is fairly attainable if you have a decent offensive line but stopping 2 that are completely different styles is NOT an easy task.

Now that this over hyped single season game is over with the Packers have their players rested up and they can bring them back and finish the season strong.

Having said that. The Cowboys played hard and they came out playing really well. The intensity was impressive. The Packers are a young team so this is kind of new to them even with the mis matches on defense via injuries the Cowboys played great. We hope to see you in the NFC finals but you just never know we may lose to a lesser team ...as well as the Cowboys may lose to a lesser team. But if both teams make it then I expect a MUCH better and more competitive game then this.

ivanfan12345

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Average teams find an excuse why they lost ( Injuries ..)

Regardless of what team/sport/league/level.. Great teams fight threw adversity to win .. that's what wins championships.

Oh and don't forget Tony Romo =)

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Regardless of what team/sport/league/level.. Great teams fight threw adversity to win .. that's what wins championships.

You have to remember that the packers are a freshly built young team. We don't have the depth as a NE or Dallas. Look at the payrolls. We can't compete with the players that we had out for this game. Could Dallas and NE??? Probably they are different teams. Maybe in 3-4 years the Packers could rub these injuries off as nothing and win against big teams but not anytime this year.

OP
OP
C

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the comment about the penalties and injuries not being solid defenses for the outcome. The players on the Packers agree with your opinion that they have to believe in the teammates around them to step up if called upon, and as far as defending, they just did not execute to the level Dallas did. As far as injuries go, football is a physical game and injuries are an inevitability.

One thing I don't agree with in your post is your spelling. It is supposed to be WHETHER not WEATHER ;)

Once the fingers and mind start goin things like that happen! :wink:

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DarkaneRules said:

Once the fingers and mind start goin things like that happen! :wink:

Haha I know what you mean.

ivanfan12345

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivanfan12345 said:

You have to remember that the packers are a freshly built young team. We don't have the depth as a NE or Dallas. Look at the payrolls. We can't compete with the players that we had out for this game. Could Dallas and NE??? Probably they are different teams. Maybe in 3-4 years the Packers could rub these injuries off as nothing and win against big teams but not anytime this year.

So your making an excuse that depth played a big role and thats why packers lost correct ?

If i can remember correctly the magnificent depth at WR of the packers was to tear up cowboys depleted secondary ?

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rios39 said:
ivanfan12345 said:

So your making an excuse that depth played a big role and thats why packers lost correct ?

If i can remember correctly the magnificent depth at WR of the packers was to tear up cowboys depleted secondary ?

I'm saying the Packers don't have as much depth as the Cowboys and Patriots. Is that too hard for your mind to grasp?

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivanfan12345 said:
Rios39 said:
ivanfan12345 said:

I;m saying the Packers don't have as much depth as the Cowboys and Patriots. Is that too hard for your mind to grasp?

If you say Y'all after the sentence it seems to help.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rios39 said:
ivanfan12345 said:
Rios39 said:
ivanfan12345 said:

I;m saying the Packers don't have as much depth as the Cowboys and Patriots. Is that too hard for your mind to grasp?

If you say Y'all after the sentence it seems to help.
LOLOLOL!!!! BEST COMMENT in this thread!!!
(Oh.......for you Cowboy fans, I almost forgot......."Ya'll!!!") :lol:

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got outplayed, simple as that.

I don't have any regrets, other than Favre getting hurt by Nathan Jones. That was flatout not right.

We beat ourselves. If you watched closely, Harris was never near Owens on most of those plays. For some ****** up reason, we played zone.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Injuries actually werent the main problem, it was the refs, i dont care if your a cowboys fan or not, you have to admit you had some real bogus game changers go your way.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a team owned by the city so you will never find the packers paying off the refs, but ya really have to wonder about Jerry Jones and his greedy rich ***.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivanfan12345 said:

Injuries actually werent the main problem, it was the refs, i dont care if your a cowboys fan or not, you have to admit you had some real bogus game changers go your way.
That Harris strip could have swung the whole game our way.
Of course we will never know, as the ref that called it must have been in a differnt universe, and saw something different then everyone in America did.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things that impressed me about the Cowboys:

1. The O-line. The running game didn't do much, but they did a great job protecting Romo. It's impossible to know if KGB would have made a difference for the Pack. But obviously the Cowboy O-line got the job done. I think the Cowboys could've scored more points in the second half if they needed to.

2. Romo. He's always impressed me. He's a very good young QB.

3. Terrell Owens. I hate the guy, but he was getting WIDE OPEN time after time. He killed the Packers in the first half.

4. The Cowboy pass rush. Outstanding.

Hopefully we will meet again in the playoffs with a different result. As disappointing as this game was for me, I still think the Packers are capable of beating the Cowboys.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first I was impressed with Romo, then I noticed he has the best offensive line in the league. That helps. I'd like to see him work with the Bears O-line, see how great he is then.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first I was impressed with Romo, then I noticed he has the best offensive line in the league. That helps. I'd like to see him work with the Bears O-line, see how great he is then.
Oh! OH! Mr. Kotter! :wink:
I can answer that..........."REX ROMO!" :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts