ILB's for us in round 2

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anthony is off the board......

I'm wondering if any we have discussed will be there when we pick in round 2? Or will we have to trade up?

I'm hoping either Perryman or Dawson is sitting there for us when we pick Friday night. We'd likely have to trade up for Kendricks or McKinney though.

I get a feeling we may trade up in round 2.

Thoughts?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More than likely, I think TT knows Perryman will probably be there and won't trade for Kendricks or Dawson. I expect before we pick that possibly Petty and Hundley go, a run on RBs(3-6), 2 TEs, and another run on OL (5+), Perryman drops right to us after Kendricks, McKinney, and Harold go.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope so. If we land Perryman then IMO the rest of the draft will be gravy (at least for me)

Also, don't forget that OLB Randy Gregory is still sliding. But I don't think he lasts much longer.

Anyway, here is to us landing one of the top ILB's in round 2.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love if TT took a risk on Gregory but he doesn't do character guys very well....I say he's gone by the 3rd. I'm still puzzled how Guion is still around.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How far will Paul Dawson slide? Think he'll be there for us in round 2? I'm a TCU Frogs fan, so I am a little biased there LOL

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a U fan, but I know Kendricks will be better in pass coverage. McKinney and Dawson may be only a slight upgrade over Perryman in the pass but Kendricks and Perryman will excel at run support. But Harold from UVA could be a darkhorse pick if they elect to move Clay inside and keep him there. Then it's Barrington and another pick on the outside(Gregory?)

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McKinney/Perryman/Kendricks/Dawson/Gregory/Harold. I'd be shocked to see them all taken before #62. The question is whether they are all second round talent. Kendricks and Gregory yes. McKinney has gotten a second look after dropping a lot. Dawson is probably the one scouts disagree about the most.

There are also some DTs still on the board in Eddie Goldman/Carl Davis/Jordan Phillips. I think Goldman will go very early in round 2.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's a good chance that either Perryman or Dawson will be there when we pick at 62...maybe both will be there.

Dallas is what worries me ahead of us. I see them taking a LB with their 2nd rounder...I just hope it isn't the last one available.

...its why im curious if TT will be tempted to trade up in the second round.

I'll say this, if we can somehow land one of the best ILB's left, our defense will be better this coming year than it was last year. Im extremely happy with the Randall pick. Drafting one of the top ILB's left would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as far as I can tell, we need a linebacker, and a good one. I don't care if he's the best inside our outside linebacker, either makes this defense better and we can put a good defense on the field.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is going to be a run on ILB's and they will all be gone. The Bears have to take one as they have no one for their new 3-4 scheme. San Fran needs one. Dallas might need one.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gregory will go off the board quick tonight, Kendricks also. I'm hoping we get one of these guys, but it could be someone out of the blue that turns out to be a good player. I'm a Dawson fan, but some say he doesn't match upwith Barrington, I have no idea on that.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have needs on the dline and ILB. So long as they can answer those needs in the next couple rounds I'll be happy (because, of course, my happiness is of paramount importance to Thompson). If the top tier ILBs are gone by the Packer's pick then hopefully Anderson or Jarrett on the dline will still be there at the bottom of round 2 and then go hunting in round 3 for an ILB.

Members online

Latest posts