If....

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would want us to trade for more picks and get a Wide Reciever and Cornerback with the extra picks, unless we get Woodson or Plummer also, then instead of a Cornerback perhaps a O lineman. If we keep the pick I say Mario Williams if he is available and if not, Vernon Davis.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mario Williams if he available. If not, look at Hawk. We did sign Taylor but he isn't the playmaking type that Hawk is and his numbers are a bit misleading do to his supporting cast on Cleveland's defense.

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For sure trade down and make sure you get a OL to fill the huge hole we have, i'm my opinion if we got arrington and possibly another cb we will be a good team as long as the line holds up. Our next season depends a lot of the OL for sure.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mario Williams and Arrington on the same side of the defense could create havoc the likes of which few teams could match. If Mario Williams is gone, I would look for the Packers to trade down a few spots and take Haloti Ngata. The Sporting News has the Packers taking Ngata at #5, but the Packers could trade down and still get him.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not a position I'd envy to be in (that of TT)...Hawk, LA, and Barnett make for a HELL of a lb group!!! But OL was the downfall of the team last year...and could you pass up on a Super mario, V. Young, Ferguson, etc. falling in your lap?!?

either way...get LA and then either Woodson or Plummer b4 the draft!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is an interesting proposition. Lets take the 5 and trade it to Cleveland. Cleveland could pick AJ Hawk, the hometown boy or could possibly go QB, if they think Frye is not the answer.

In return we could get thier 12 and C Jeff Faine, along with a later pick possibly.

With 12 we could go CB.We could go with Mike Huff,Jimmy Williams,Tye Hill, Johnathen Joseph or Ashton Youboty. Depends on which CB TT Favors and which are still around.

We improve the C position and fill the CB spot all at once.

Having said that, Carroll would probably still win out at the othe CB spot and it would give us an even younger secondary.

I know everyone's got a ***** over Lavar but if I had to choose I would go with Woodson first if possible. We then could take Hawk at 5 and have 2 solid corners.

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
Mario Williams and Arrington on the same side of the defense could create havoc the likes of which few teams could match. If Mario Williams is gone, I would look for the Packers to trade down a few spots and take Haloti Ngata. The Sporting News has the Packers taking Ngata at #5, but the Packers could trade down and still get him.

Why Haloti Ngata??? we dont need a DT we have pickett, jenkins, and cole plus good depth their. we should get ferguson if not then davis

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why Haloti Ngata??? we dont need a DT we have pickett, jenkins, and cole plus good depth their. we should get ferguson if not then davis[/quote]

I dont think we can use Ferguson as a Guard though. Davis would be another great target for Favre. Or we could also trade down and get an guard and a cornerback if we didnt get Woodson. If we get woodson i would say maybe sign either a WR or Bobby Carpenter. Then Bobby could compete with Taylor for the starting position.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Trade back with Oakland, who is said to want Young, pick up an extra 3rd round pick and take Vernon Davis.

That's very do-able, if Young is still on the board. My top three, in order:

1) Mario Williams, if he's there
2) Trade down a few spots and take Davis
3) Take Hawk at #5. Arrington - Barnett - Hawk... man, that'd be awesome. I don't know if we've ever had a LB corps that good.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
figtab said:
route25 said:

Why Haloti Ngata??? we dont need a DT we have pickett, jenkins, and cole plus good depth their. we should get ferguson if not then davis

My argument for picking Ngata over Ferguson is based on my belief that New Orleans will take Ferguson at #2. Jenkins would still have a key role on passing downs even if we did take Ngata. Saying we shouldn't take Ngata because we have Cole is like saying we shouldn't sign Arrington because we still have Robert Thomas.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ol in the top 2 rounds is out of the question.

i love the oakland possibility ...If we get arrington that is.
taylor/barnett/arrington is still stupid sick nasty.
then you throw Vernon Davis in the mix as a recieving threat.

plummer-woodson/ Collins / Manuel / al Harris
Taylor / barnett / arrington
KGB / Cole-jenkins / Pickett / Kampman

mix that starting set with last years defensive scheme that will still be in place and your looking at not only a top 10 defense but a playmaking/game changing defense.

Driver/ davis/ Clifton/ ____/wells/Coston/Tausch / bubba gardner
Favre
hendy
green/gado/davenport/3rd round draft pick

i like everything except receiver in this maybe a good second round choice here would help. with our running back corps, the new blocking scheme could be amazing... take denvers system and mix in backs like green davenport and gado much better than what denver has had the past few years.... it could be really nice

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pros: Very strong. Benched 225, 44 times at the combine which was one shy of the Combine record. Has good size and the frame to add weight. Could play in any scheme as a 3-4 DE or even DT (with added weight) and can be your typical DT in the one gap scheme. He is very quick off the ball and is a great athlete running the 40 in 4.97 at the Combine at 305 pounds.

Cons: Doesn’t have the greatest lower body strength. Probably needs to add more size. Durability is a bit of concern but maybe his biggest draw back is he had academic troubles at Florida State.

Overall: In my opinion he’s the top DT in the draft ahead of Ngata. Very versatile and has a ton of upside. Reminds me a lot of Richard Seymour. Will play fine at DE in the 3-4 and solid in the 4-3. If his potential is reached could end up being the greatest FSU DT of all time and one of the better prospects to come out in this class.

I wrote that^ so that's my take on him

Problem though is we would have to trade down to maybe 8 or 10. So if D'Brick or Young are on the board then the Bills and Cards might be suitors to trade up.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trade Javon and our pick to Denver for Lelie and their picks. Draft Winston justice At 15 and then at 22 draft Bobby Carpentar.

Members online

Latest posts