If you were GM (53 man roster)

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Muhammad Wilkerson just arriving to Green Bay today (4:22 PM according to my sources) give me what you would want the 53 man roster to look like if you had been named GM and not Brian G. Here is my take!

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Brett Hundley
WR- Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis, Trevor Davis, DeAngelo Yancey, Jake Kumerow
T- Bryan Bulaga, David Bakhtiari, Jason Spriggs, Kyle Murphy, Morgan Moses
TE- Richard Rodgers, Troy Fumagalli
C- Corey Linsley
RB- Ty Montgomery, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Devante Mays
FB- Aaron Ripkowski
G- Kofi Amichia, Luke Joeckel

LB- Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Jake Ryan, Kyler Fackrell, Blake Martinez, Vince Biegel, Leighton Vander Esch
S- Morgan Burnett, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Josh Jones, Marwin Evans, Marcus Williams, Minkah Fitzpatrick
DT- Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark, Montravius Adams, Kahlil McKenzie
CB- Demetri Goodson, Damarious Randall, Quinten Rollins, Kevin King, Trumaine Johnson
DE- Dean Lowry, Muhammad Wilkerson, Sean Daniels, Hercules Mata'afa

K- Josh Lambo
P- Kyle DeWeen
LS- Ronza Anderson

Current Packers- 35
Free Agent- 8
Draft- 7
Trade- 3

14- Minkah Fitzpatrick
45- Leighton Vander Esch
56 (from Buffalo)- Hercules Mata'afa
76- trade
114- Troy Fumagalli
133- trade
150- trade
172- trade
174- trade
186- trade
207- trade
230 (from Jacksonville)- Kahlil McKenzie
232- Kyle DeWeen
239- Ronza Anderson

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
CB- Demetri Goodson,
Ooooo-Kaaaay then. What has he shown in the past several seasons to warrant this?
And you traded away your starting left guard?
And are carrying 8 DL when they typically haven't had more than 6? Switching to a 4-3 are you?
BTW, why did you switch out punters?

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is so confusing. We brought back Cobb, Bulaga, Nelson, Matthews, and Burnett and somehow were dumb enough to draft Fitzpatrick in round 1 too. But hey don't worry, we somehow got Trumaine Johnson in the fold for probably pennies. Also we got Vander Esch in our pick at round 2. But if the deal isn't sweet enough. somehow our TE position got worse with Rodgers still #1 and now below average Fumagalli as our second.

lol....ya this is Madden football type stuff but also pretty nonsensical.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is so confusing. We brought back Cobb, Bulaga, Nelson, Matthews, and Burnett and somehow were dumb enough to draft Fitzpatrick in round 1 too.

I don't give a damn about such predictions before the start of free agency either but I'm curious to know as why it would be a dumb move to draft Fitzpatrick at #14.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank good you aren't the GM. Keep Hundley, don't upgrade anything WR or TE related, dump your guard, rebuild the entire special teams unit and have Rollins, Goodson and Fackrell back on the D. Ugh...

D

Deleted member 6794

After resigning Burnett?

First of all I'm not convinced the Packers are going to re-sign Burnett. While there's uncertainty about the position Fitzpatrick is best suited for at the pro level there's bo doubt he would be an upgrade in coverage over Burnett.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thete have been no indications Packers are interested in signing Burnett so far. With Randall gone, Gute has put his cards on the table and it looks like he will be forced to draft db's with his first or second round pick. Looks like Derwin James or Denzel Ward at this point in rd 1.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd cut either Jordy/Cobb while restructuring the other (priority on keeping Cobb), sign Wilkerson, Trent Murphy and Watkins. If we can restructure Matthews Im all for it and Id use this money to give us some help at CB (Maxwell, Breeland come to mind). Get Joshua Jackson in the first and a TE in the second. Then Id put Bulaga on alert.

I know this all hinges on the assumption that some contract renegotiations fall our way

D

Deleted member 6794

Thete have been no indications Packers are interested in signing Burnett so far. With Randall gone, Gute has put his cards on the table and it looks like he will be forced to draft db's with his first or second round pick. Looks like Derwin James or Denzel Ward at this point in rd 1.

The Packers absolutely need to address cornerback in free agency. The position is in dire need of an upgrade which can't be adequately improved by solely relying on rookies.

Members online