If You Had To Pick Any QB...

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
If Aaron Rodgers wasn't in the league and the Packers had their pick of any QB in the league to head their team, who would you want them to pick?

I would go with Andrew Luck.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd go w/Wilson. RGIII I'm sure has learned how to slide & will slide more to protect himself if he wants a long career in the NFL. People like to talk about the sophomore slump. We'll see.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I think Luck has it all and he is young. Wilson, from what I hear, has great character.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luck would be my #2. I believe we have Rodgers until 2019. IMO either 2016 or 17 Packers will use a 1st to 3rd round pick on a QB to sit behind Rodgers like he did Favre

H

HardRightEdge

Kaepernick. And that opinion has a lot less to do with his running than his passing.

Reaction score
The Replacements?
Well in that case, I want Willy Beamen from Any Given Sunday, he's the kid who could replace a DennisQuaid/BrettFavre looking Older Aaron Rodgers some day.... when our coach sheds 203 lbs and looks like Al Pacino.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Kaep. He'll join the elite level long before any of the rookies. Maybe Ryan if he ever learns let off the choke.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RGIII. He rarely turns the ball over.

If we're not limiting it to the NFL, then Rico Dynamite. The guy just needs a shot and his pursuit of excellence is relentless.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady's only going to be QBing for another 3 yrs at most 4. He's still good but not great

H

HardRightEdge

Brady's only going to be QBing for another 3 yrs at most 4. He's still good but not great
Brady is still great, but the age issue is well taken. If he was 30, I'd pick him.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

I get the running gag, but it looks like Flynn threw the ball pretty well yesterday, despite the surrounding talent perhaps leaving something to be desired.

12 - 18, 124 yds, 1 TD, no ints, 117.7 passer rating in one half of play. He also got sacked 5 times, scrambled once, and had his line incur two false starts. It is interesting to note that after the sacks and the penalties, he led a passing scoring drive. Say what you want about Flynn and his limitations, the guy is a gamer.

Brett Favre 4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Russell Wilson a lot and would go with him but in a fantasy world I would get Brett to come out of retirement, AGAIN lol I am sorry, I know many fellow Packers fans might dislike Favre but I love him and as great as ARod is, I still miss watching the old Gunslinger in a Packers uni.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For just one season Brady (and I despise the guy)...for a franchise build I gotta go Luck for sure.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since there are no parameters around this question, I'd probably go Brady as well. He's got years left who says we won't get to cherry pick the best QB again in a few years. I don't want a guy with potential right now, I want the guy that can bring a championship the next three seasons. Then I'll take Luck/Wilson/Griffith...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Upon further review, if Rodgers never existed (mom stayed sober that night) or was a washout, we could have picked almost any QB not in the top 20 or so in any year since then. Matt Flynn may be our QB or Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy, Kaepernick, all depending on TT's guesstimate of how much Favre he could handle and who the chosen successor was.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
The Replacements?
Well in that case, I want Willy Beamen from Any Given Sunday, he's the kid who could replace a DennisQuaid/BrettFavre looking Older Aaron Rodgers some day.... when our coach sheds 203 lbs and looks like Al Pacino.
Willy B is a worthy attempt to raise the stakes Herr Dog, I commend your boldness. However, I shall now raise YOU Sirrah, with a nomination of John Moxon from Varsity Blues. True he's no Lance Harbor, but he comes from a Texas QB-making machine school with a legendary head coach, (prior to his temporary suspension in Mox's final year), and has teachers who also strip on the weekends.

Have at you!

12theTruth

I like Phillip Rivers. Give him some protection and watch the ball whizz by the defenders.

Staff online

Latest posts