1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If you had a million dollars...what would you do?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by arrowgargantuan, Feb 18, 2007.

1. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    the money convo in that other topic got me thinking this might be a decent thread.

so what would you do?

I'd do 2 chicks.

2. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    two chicks at the same time, man.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    if I had a million dollars, I'd buy a damn brewery, and turn the planet into alcoholics

If I had a million bucks, it wouldn't be enough, because I'd still be out
    robbing armored trucks

4. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd fire admins. who double post :thumbsup:

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I would give it to those who truly need money. It would be too greedy for me to have a million dollars.

6. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great post!!! If I had a million dollars I would help people in need and kids in need.

Then with some of the money I would travel and see the world, other then that I would invest it so that my kids wouldnt have to work so hard...

7. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Shoot, I'd take your million dollars, then, and MY million dollars, and do FOUR chicks at the same time.

:)

8. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    hahahahaha...

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Surprisingly........a million dollars wouldn't go that far today. If it was a milliion BEFORE taxes, you'd probably only have about 750 thousand left.
    Now me, i would buy a house. I have never been able to give the things i want to to my wife, and a place of our own would be the #1 thing i would get. A decent house today will run you 250 grand (or more). That leaves 500 thousand left.
    I would try to help my family, whats left of them.
    My niece and her husband won 250 grand in the lottery, and he (pardon the expression) pissed it away. He loaned money to his friends (which he will never see again) spent countless hours in the tavern being "Mr. Big". Buying stuff for his "friends". Put a down payment on a duplex.........instead of buying it outright. Now, they lost the place, and have to RENT the place that was SUPPOSED to be theirs. They are in their 20's, and could have been set for life with a home of their own. They were renting out the one part of the duplex, and that STILL wasn't enough money to pay their mortgage. Just plain stupid.
    Oh........and i didn't even know they won the money until it was all gone. I would have tried to talk some sense into them.

10. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    A house in Southern California would cost you in the $400 thousand and thats a little house, most are going for over $600 thousand.

You have to be smart winning that kind of money, but most people dont know how to handle it, they go crazy and start buying things and before you know it, its gone. You have to make some wise investments.

11. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    And if your going to piss it away then give it to a charity that can use it..

12. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Donate every penny to Obama's Presidential Election Funds.

Just to piss off the Wicked Witch Of The East.

Raider Pride.

13. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    If I was given $1,000,000 after taxes (see Cheesey, you gotta think positive, my dream is already 25% richer than yours) I would do the following:

1.) Sell current home, move into new home. We've been wanting to move, we're on the wrong side of town for work. The new house would be 20% larger with a bigger yard (three dogs).
    2.) The rest I would invest with the help of a financial advisor. We've play the 'beat me' game. He gets half, I get half, if he can beat me for five years for more than his fees, I'd consider having him manage all of it. I'll continue to manage our retirement accounts.
    3.) I would treat myself to a custom Ruegamer road bike will all the trimmings and my wife would get the car of her choice.

The only lifestyle change that would come of that for us is more travelling. I don't take enough long weekends to visit family.

Btw, cheesey, there are TONS of stories of windfalls coming and going. I think there was an article in the Times about how 80% of lottery winners end up worse off after the lottery than before. Wealth is a financial lifestyle, not an amount. It doesn't matter what resource your target, if you don't know how to manage it, you won't have any. This applies to time, intelligence, friends, and the ability to enjoy yourself as well as it does money.

My Grandpa's analogy is a garden. If your wealth is a garden, you have to know how to take care of it, no matter the size. Good gardeners have productive acreage and that acreage grows with their abilities. That's how you get rich.

Btw, $1,000,000 really isn't that much these days. That makes me sad. Realistically, if you're a young family with multiple kids, you've got to target a $10,000,000 retirement fund if you want to get to retire without worry. All of the above "don't piss it away" obviously still applies.

Who started this money topic anyway, now you have me all solemn and reitrement focused. Damn two-comma conversations.

14. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    with 1 million ... $$$$$$$$$ wow ...

i would

1-buy a house
    2-buy an appartment building with like 20 appartments ... and rent them out (get $$$) :p

15. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If I had a million dollars (after taxes) I would invest $250k into the market; $500k in multi-unit real estate in the right part of town (no Section 8 or scumbag tenants...life is too short for that headache); take $125k and, using the equity in my current home, move up the personal residence ladder a notch or two; use the remaining $125k to start a scholarship fund for aspiring exotic dancers; and work my current job and safe at my current pace so that I could retire very early and travel extensively...with strippers, of course!

There is a method to my madness!!

16. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IF you had a million dollars...what's with this IF shite?? :D

ok, since y'all are livin in fantasy world, lemme join ya...

i'd buy a home on the gulf coast - gulf shores, alabama to be specific.

i'd buy another home in green bay along with tickets to every packers game for the rest of my life.

i'd look for mister right, set my twins up for life, & have one helluva time til i die!!

17. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hillbilly Heaven...that Gulf coast!! That said, I like it down there....with strippers...ummm.....exotic entertainers, of course.

18. Mackie2001

Mackie2001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Fishing, Packers and beer.

19. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Set aside:

$100,000 for current and future education.

$400,000 for personal family aid and use (anything like paying of debts, trying to get hold of Packers' stock, season tickets to Packers' games, investments, etc.).

$500,000 to charity.

Nothing too excessive that I have had the inkling to buy lately, and nothing that I've really had a strong desire for.

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh great...................another "slum lord!!!" LOLOLOL!!!
    Just kidding!!! :rotflmao:

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    go to vegas

22. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Lol at not recognizing any of the people in this thread. :lol:

Anywho, I think I could get Olivia Wilde to have sex with me for a million dollars, so I'm going with that. She's not mega-famous, a mil is still probably a lot to her.

23. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I know everyone in this thread lol I would I dont know.

24. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    If I had a million dollars,
    I wouldn't have to walk to the store.
    I'd take a limousine 'cause it costs more.
    I wouldn't have to eat Kraft Dinner...
    But I would eat Kraft Dinner. I'd just eat more. And buy really expensive ketchups with it. That's right, all the fanciest.... Dijon ketchups! Mmm. Mmm-hmm.
    Well, I'd buy me a green dress - but not a real green dress, that's cruel
    And if I had a million dollars,
    Well, I'd buy me some art - a Picasso or a Garfunkel
    Well, I'd buy me a monkey! - haven't you always wanted a monkey?

25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Well, I had a million dollars but I, I'd spend it all,
    If I could find that heina and that Sancho that she's found
    Well, I'd pop a cap in Sancho and I'd slap her down...