If You Could Fill Three Holes :

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
I agree that the draft is a crapshoot but I was just saying that to assume that Colledge would be bad as a starter based on some of the scouting report negatives doesn't mean anything either because there have been players out of college that have had worse scouting reports (Tauscher) that came in and started as a rookie and did very well.

Also, almost any scouting report that you read shows Positives and Negatives. Sometimes I read them and they contradict each other. Also, you never know who wrote the report. I think that half the time the reports are based upon other reports, and the author never actually saw the guy play. I don't think that teams release their own scouting reports, only the media produces them.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
First off to say that I am a nay-sayer is wrong. I just don't believe Colledge, Spitz or Moll will have a solid first year. May they have productive careers, possibly, but not this year IMO.When you run a zone-blocking scheme you must do it right or it's a giant mess.

The problem I have is all the hoopla from people that can't seem to tell you how a zone blocking scheme works, but yet it was somehow a great pick. Sure they know what type of Lineman you need because it's been discussed over and over again. What they don't seem to understand is that it's takes more than being quick and agile but it all focuses around the point of attack.

Contrary to what Tro seems to think about Zone Blocking, which was laughable and showed his true ignorance, you are required to actually block and scrape. The knock on these 3 guys is that when they go into the 'block-phase' they use terrible technique. When you are smaller than the man you are trying to block you better use correct technique.

I have never said they were going to flop, because they have never played at the NFL level. All anyone has to go on is what they did in college, and that was USE POOR TECHNIQUE! I just can't figure out how anyone can be confident in these guys. They are rookies that need alot of work and yet people seem to think that GB can toss them in this year and just because they are BODIES will do the job effectively.

It is not being a Nay Sayer but rather a true concern that many people on here have expressed. Look at 3/4 of the posts on this thread, they all say we need GUARDS! Except Tro, who thinks that the biggest need on this team is a friggin Punter.

Quit being so realistic. Tromdaz does not appreciate it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha, I never said our biggest need was a punter, and I challenge pyle to find my statement on zone blocking. oh thats right, its a lie. womp womp. more lies and misinformation on packerforum.com

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After seeing the first game, where does the needs list start now?

Tackle
Defensive Back(s)
HC/OC or whomever is calling the plays (Running on 3rd and short but throw a 3 yard pass on 2nd and 20 -- that 3 yard pass might just work on 3rd and short as well)

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
but our coaching staff\scouts know more about these guys than we ever will, and if you think you know more (pyle) you are a fool.
I don't think Pyle thinks he knows more than our staff. I just think he thinks that there are people out there that could be hired that know more than our current staff.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
kmac said:
tromadz said:
but our coaching staff\scouts know more about these guys than we ever will, and if you think you know more (pyle) you are a fool.
I don't think Pyle thinks he knows more than our staff. I just think he thinks that there are people out there that could be hired that know more than our current staff.

No matter how good someone is, there is always someone better. So that statement from that person is truly a given.

It's finding those people that's the trick. Simply knowing that there is someone better out there is nothing more than obvious.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
First off to say that I am a nay-sayer is wrong. I just don't believe Colledge, Spitz or Moll will have a solid first year. May they have productive careers, possibly, but not this year IMO.When you run a zone-blocking scheme you must do it right or it's a giant mess.

The problem I have is all the hoopla from people that can't seem to tell you how a zone blocking scheme works, but yet it was somehow a great pick. Sure they know what type of Lineman you need because it's been discussed over and over again. What they don't seem to understand is that it's takes more than being quick and agile but it all focuses around the point of attack.

Contrary to what Tro seems to think about Zone Blocking, which was laughable and showed his true ignorance, you are required to actually block and scrape. The knock on these 3 guys is that when they go into the 'block-phase' they use terrible technique. When you are smaller than the man you are trying to block you better use correct technique.

I have never said they were going to flop, because they have never played at the NFL level. All anyone has to go on is what they did in college, and that was USE POOR TECHNIQUE! I just can't figure out how anyone can be confident in these guys. They are rookies that need alot of work and yet people seem to think that GB can toss them in this year and just because they are BODIES will do the job effectively.

It is not being a Nay Sayer but rather a true concern that many people on here have expressed. Look at 3/4 of the posts on this thread, they all say we need GUARDS! Except Tro, who thinks that the biggest need on this team is a friggin Punter.

These are the kind of posts that force me to respect you, with the exception of the Tromadz digs. Good analysis.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.- Angelina Jolie
2.- A real GM or Jesica Alba.
3.- A real HC or Jesica Simpson.

or at least :

1.- Lots of tequila.
2.- Lots of beer.
3.- Chicken wings, batwurst and cheese curds..

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:

These are the kind of posts that force me to respect you, with the exception of the Tromadz digs. Good analysis.

Thanks man, I respect you guys as well because you at least argue your points with football content. SOME on here just use insults. I just see it different man, noone knows who's right.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If i could fill 3 holes I'd be the king of ****....
2 veteran guards
1 stud DE
With OL protection and some pass rush we could be right where we need to be.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Pamela Anderson? dude your **** is gonna fall off if you get within 10 feet of that *****.

...and if it doesn't fall off, you sure as hell won't be "filling" THAT hole. OK, maybe this should be moved to the smack area but I'm not a mod so what do I know...

Members online

Latest posts