If You Could Fill Three Holes :

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More than anything I think we need a good gaurd. Favre is probably in his last year, if we dont get a gaurd you can say goodbye to him before this year is even over because I dont think there is any way that he will get out of this season without having a serious injury. But hey with Favre anything is possibile...But i just dont see it happening unless we get a gaurd. Not to mention when Favre leaves we dont want to leave Aaron Rodgers in there to get the crap beat out of him with a crappy O line do we?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep I am sure you know enough about these guys to be confident in them. I could Guarantee you never watched Boise State in your life and if you did sure the hell didn't watch the O-Line.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
More than anything I think we need a good gaurd. Favre is probably in his last year, if we dont get a gaurd you can say goodbye to him before this year is even over because I dont think there is any way that he will get out of this season without having a serious injury. But hey with Favre anything is possibile...But i just dont see it happening unless we get a gaurd. Not to mention when Favre leaves we dont want to leave Aaron Rodgers in there to get the crap beat out of him with a crappy O line do we?

To quote Trom.....Yep, they will learn!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we got a guard in colledge(LG)

Wells IS the center.

RG is still open, but theres some good competition there and someone will earn the job, not given the job like whitticker and klemm were.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yep I am sure you know enough about these guys to be confident in them. I could Guarantee you never watched Boise State in your life and if you did sure the hell didn't watch the O-Line.

That is exactly what makes it BS when people say what a good or bad draft teams had. Even if you are a big college football fan, you have only heard of the players in the first and second rounds, and even that is a stretch.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah we got Colledge, a rookie who you seem to think is going to come in and be some sort of stud, but really not knowing anything about him besides your dad, TT drafted him. I would love to argue Zone-Blocking schemes with you but you would be lost.

Then we come to Right Guard and there is a big question mark. Would you like to put another rookie there?

Without a line, forget about any sort of Playoff run. It is clearly the biggest weakness on the team and it's something that is not going to go away with rookies starting. They may turn out OK someday, though I doubt it, but it won't be this year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I would love to argue Zone-Blocking schemes with you but you would be lost.

as lost as YOU are when arguing with Zero about Draft Picks.

pyledriver80 said:
TT did anything special besides pick up an OG and 3-4 guys that will contribute nothing to this team, hell, half of them will probably not even make the team.

are you kidding me? I'm done with you. Be gone.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noone makes you respond sweetheart. Maybe I should go cry about how I am leaving because people pick on me and then come back 2 days later.

I asked you about the zone blocking thing a long time ago and you said

"Guys are responsible for blocking guys in thier zone"

I knew at that time the only knowledge you had about the X's and O's of football is what you learned on Madden 2006.

Please Dale, tell me what gives you so much confidence in Colledge and Spitz. Do you think they use proper hip technique, Hand placement. Is Colledge solid at down blocking or seal blocking? I mean you must know these things. Do you want to argue techniques on Defense or would you rather just say "this player is great because TT drafted him?'

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Noone makes you respond sweetheart. Maybe I should go cry about how I am leaving because people pick on me and then come back 2 days later.

I asked you about the zone blocking thing a long time ago and you said

"Guys are responsible for blocking guys in thier zone"

I knew at that time the only knowledge you had about the X's and O's of football is what you learned on Madden 2006.

Please Dale, tell me what gives you so much confidence in Colledge and Spitz. Do you think they use proper hip technique, Hand placement. Is Colledge solid at down blocking or seal blocking? I mean you must know these things. Do you want to argue techniques on Defense or would you rather just say "this player is great because TT drafted him?'

Yeah, that's it. I have faith in him because TT drafted him. Sure. Or click here and prove yourself to be a *******, as if anybody had any doubt.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured not DALE!

Yeah they didn't compare Ryan Leaf to anyone or Tony Mandarich, etc.

It seems everything I read about him says the following

"Colledge is a "Tweener." He is shorter and lighter than ideal for a tackle, but has the feet and athleticism that are ideal to protect the corner from speed rushers. His size is perfect for a guard, but he blocks up high and lacks the playing strength to handle defensive tackles. He has very bad technique (footwork, blocking position and hand use) and it causes his production to be much worse than his talent level. "

Do that against an NFL calibur player and your zone blocking scheme will look like a train wreck. I don't expect you to understand that Dale as they don't teach zone blocking on Madden.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah lets disparage rookie linemen because as we all know, there has never been a rookie lineman that started his rookie year for the packers and was very successful. The 7th round rookie draft pick Tauscher sure didn't work out at all. I'm sure when he came out of college everybody said that his technique was perfect and that no NFL talent d-linemen could push him around at all, yeah that is why he was a 7th round pick.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Yeah lets disparage rookie linemen because as we all know, there has never been a rookie lineman that started his rookie year for the packers and was very successful. The 7th round rookie draft pick Tauscher sure didn't work out at all. I'm sure when he came out of college everybody said that his technique was perfect and that no NFL talent d-linemen could push him around at all, yeah that is why he was a 7th round pick.

And don't forget Will Whitticker. He was a rookie linemen and he started.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and he was a 7th rounder as well. I'm not saying that all 7th round o-line draft picks by the packers are going to become amazing. Wittacker played probably better than you would expect a 7th rounder to play, but he will now most likely be a backup tackle. Colledge is 2nd round talent and thusly should be held to higher standards than a 7th rounder and im sure he has a better percieved upside coming out of college than Tauscher and less percieved weaknesses. I'm not saying in any way that Colledge will be as good or that he won't be a bust, but to write him off as a starter because he is a rookie is stupid. If he convinces the coaches that he has the skills to play, he should be fine.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THe draft is a crap shoot. Colledge could be great or he might not make the team. More than likely, he will land somewhere in the middle. A lot of people have opinions on him, for never seeing him play.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is why i researched our draft picks when they got drafted. after hawk, when guys got drafted, i had no idea who they are.

but our coaching staff\scouts know more about these guys than we ever will, and if you think you know more (pyle) you are a fool.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year is a horrible example of anything....

to me there was no fire, lots of injuries, and a general apathetic approach to everything... to say a rookie didnt block well or didnt perform on a team in general that played poorly is not a fair approach.

if you take what whittiker did and cut him some slack due to a poor overall team performance, he did pretty decent.

this whole forum is split right down the middle between the optimist and the nay sayers.

no matter what the team does the haters think its a bad idea and its not gonna work... and people like myself (i admit) get overly excited about somethings.

the biggest thing is we had ONE bad season and our confidence as fans and supporters goes out the window like we were the freakin bengals. that is the same apathy and lack of pride that was evident in the team last year and it seems to be changing already this year... so i suggest you haters get on the bandwagon

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that the draft is a crapshoot but I was just saying that to assume that Colledge would be bad as a starter based on some of the scouting report negatives doesn't mean anything either because there have been players out of college that have had worse scouting reports (Tauscher) that came in and started as a rookie and did very well.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off to say that I am a nay-sayer is wrong. I just don't believe Colledge, Spitz or Moll will have a solid first year. May they have productive careers, possibly, but not this year IMO.When you run a zone-blocking scheme you must do it right or it's a giant mess.

The problem I have is all the hoopla from people that can't seem to tell you how a zone blocking scheme works, but yet it was somehow a great pick. Sure they know what type of Lineman you need because it's been discussed over and over again. What they don't seem to understand is that it's takes more than being quick and agile but it all focuses around the point of attack.

Contrary to what Tro seems to think about Zone Blocking, which was laughable and showed his true ignorance, you are required to actually block and scrape. The knock on these 3 guys is that when they go into the 'block-phase' they use terrible technique. When you are smaller than the man you are trying to block you better use correct technique.

I have never said they were going to flop, because they have never played at the NFL level. All anyone has to go on is what they did in college, and that was USE POOR TECHNIQUE! I just can't figure out how anyone can be confident in these guys. They are rookies that need alot of work and yet people seem to think that GB can toss them in this year and just because they are BODIES will do the job effectively.

It is not being a Nay Sayer but rather a true concern that many people on here have expressed. Look at 3/4 of the posts on this thread, they all say we need GUARDS! Except Tro, who thinks that the biggest need on this team is a friggin Punter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts