If you could bring one player from another team onto the packers, who would it be?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just a what if question but I am curious what everyone thinks. If you could bring in one player from any team in the NFL who would it be and why? Several options off the top of my head

Andre Johnson

Calvin Johnson

Chris Johnson

Patrick Willis

Joe Thomas

Darrell Revis

Dallas Clark

Demarcus Ware

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Fa.... Nah!! I'd bring in Devin Hester since we could use an all star KR or Elvis Dumervil since I believe he could be a pass rush demon for years to come.

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis opposite Woodson is really all you need to say. Bonus pick can be Shane Lechler from the Raiders to solve the punting issues haha.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrell Suggs--great pass rushing OLB would pair with Matthews just fine. Only problem is that he was born in Minneapolis, so he's got some of that Minnesota losing in him.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
1. Chris Johnson
2. Joe Thomas
3. Patrick Willis
4. Steven Jackson

Chris johnson, because he is lightyears better than Ryan Grant, or Joe Thomas cause you can never have enough O-line dominance. Willis or jackson just because of the power they bring to the position.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrell Suggs--great pass rushing OLB would pair with Matthews just fine. Only problem is that he was born in Minneapolis, so he's got some of that Minnesota losing in him.
The last time Suggs had double digit sacks was in 04. Last year he had 4.5. Just saying.
For me it's easy. Aaron Rodgers.

BTW, same question was asked on a Vikings board and about 80% said Rodgers.
Is that true? That's really funny.

But then again, the Vikings' biggest flaw is that the team doesn't have a stabilished franchise QB of the future, and with the league being QB driven as it is, it'll be hard, even with the ammont of talent that they have, to be contenders without one...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's gotta be Darrelle Revis. Then maybe Chris Johnson. Nnamdi Asomugha is another good choice.

RBs are flash in the pan players most of the time and break down early, and Aso is older and starting to slow so you would want to go with someone very young.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Fa.... Nah!! I'd bring in Devin Hester since we could use an all star KR or Elvis Dumervil since I believe he could be a pass rush demon for years to come.

I dont think Hester has ran anything back in years. returners never seem to last very long to begin with.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think Hester has ran anything back in years. returners never seem to last very long to begin with.

I think he still has potential. The Bears were the ones who made the dumb move of limiting his return duties so he could focus more on being a reciever.

I was confused by the thread title. If we were bringing in such player, would it be for the long term or right now? Basically I thought if we brought in a dynamic returner in Hester we automatically boost our special teams up a notch.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he still has potential. The Bears were the ones who made the dumb move of limiting his return duties so he could focus more on being a reciever.

I was confused by the thread title. If we were bringing in such player, would it be for the long term or right now? Basically I thought if we brought in a dynamic returner in Hester we automatically boost our special teams up a notch.

Any player in the nfl, on any team, right now.

I would think if we were talking now you would want cribbs over hester.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any player in the nfl, on any team, right now.

I would think if we were talking now you would want cribbs over hester.

Nah I would still choose Hester. Hester has that game breaking speed on returns. Whereas Cribbs is more of a shifty guy that needs help from his blockers. As of right now, I don't think our ST unit can do that.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But then again, the Vikings' biggest flaw is that the team doesn't have a stabilished franchise QB of the future, and with the league being QB driven as it is, it'll be hard, even with the ammont of talent that they have, to be contenders without one...

Na I think they should make Tavaris Jackson the #1.... *instert intense sarcasm here*

I would love love LOVE watching that twice a year.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My .02 cents.

Troy Polamalu
Revis Island
Adam Vinatieri (no more wide right)
Larry Fitzgerald (I love defense, but would not need it with him Jennings, Finley, Driver and Grant)

That being said, can I get an :amen:?

Members online

Latest posts