If you could add any current NFL player to the Pack...

Ludders86

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you could add any current NFL player to the Pack for free (i.e with no cap hit) who would you choose? Which position could do with the help

Probably I'd go with Ed Reed or Peppers as he's just a sick sick beast though Jenkins would be an awesome addition to the D line!

What does everyone think?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd go with Peyton Manning since you build a franchise with a QB and #4 isn't getting any younger. After that, I'd go with Ray Lewis, Julius Peppers, or Randy Moss. (JUST KIDDING ON THE MOSS THING!!!) Just making sure everyone reading this was paying attention! :D

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like LT as well

But given our current needs on defense I am thinking maybe Champ Bailey

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about Champ Bailey. I think he had a sub-par year last year as many corners did with the new rules. He seems to take too many chances and gets beat.

Is there any such thing as a "shut down" corner in the NFL anymore?

I neglected to say Ron Mexico. He would instantly make a team a contender.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd really like to get an *** kicker on the defensive line like a Reggie White, but I don't think there are any in the league today who are as good both against the run and pass. So I'd probably take Julius Peppers who is probably one of the better playmakers on the defensive line. I seen him make some amazing, athletic plays last year.

I just think a good defensive lineman would have a domino effect where it would also make our linebackers and secondary better if the QBs have less time to throw.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
Very interesting question. I wouldn't go QB b/c I really like Rodgers. Therefore with our needs and the premium placed on the position, I'll take either a shutdown corner or a great DE. That in my opinion (taking age into consideration) is Bailey or Surtain/ Freeney or Peppers. I'd probably go with Champ.

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ray Lewis. He is so dominant, and knows how to pump everyone on the field. And that would be a great addition to our LB core.

If not ray, then it would be either Peppers, Kearse, or Dwight Freeny. They all would be a nice addition to go opposite of KGB!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts