If you could add 1 thing to this team it would be...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean on the player side of things, a new coach or GM isnt what I am looking for here.

HaHa'sRightGlove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say we've been calling for a stud inside linebacker for quite a while now...hopefully it gets addressed in the Draft.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A stud ILB.

I am not opposed to that, but I think I am leaning towards a dynamic TE. I have high expectations for Rodgers next season but dont know if he will be a Pro bowl TE kind of player.

A stud DT would be pretty wonderful too.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A stud ILB.

You said it buddy and I agree 100%.

I'm happy with our Secondary and DL for the most part. We also have the chance of getting Raji back next season on the cheap to add even more depth and bigs.

If we get a stud Middle Linebacker in the draft that comes in and starts for us on day 1, it'll make our defense elite and it would take our team to the next level.

Our #1 goal in the draft needs to be to come out of it with a stud MLB prospect. I'm hoping we get Denzel Perryman from the Miami Hurricanes.

D

Deleted member 6794

Our #1 goal in the draft needs to be to come out of it with a stud MLB prospect. I'm hoping we get Denzel Perryman from the Miami Hurricanes.

I would prefer to get Benardrick McKinney but he could be gone at #30.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said it buddy and I agree 100%.

I'm happy with our Secondary and DL for the most part. We also have the chance of getting Raji back next season on the cheap to add even more depth and bigs.

If we get a stud Middle Linebacker in the draft that comes in and starts for us on day 1, it'll make our defense elite and it would take our team to the next level.

What kind of return on investment would you expect on Raji next season?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What kind of return on investment would you expect on Raji next season?

A contract to re-prove himself I guess. He wasn't playing THAT bad this past year before he got hurt.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I mentioned Reggie because the Packers are so very good at draft and develop that I can't think of glaring positional needs. Maybe a NT in case the two older guys are done. But this is a good team. It just needs to hit on all 4 cylinders more often. You said "no coaches" so we can't go there.

Croquet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He asked what kind of "return on investment" not what kind of contract would you offer. Answer the actual question.
A killer instinct inside a stud inside linebacker that would roam the sidelines screaming at people to play the whole game. Finish!

We need a true leader who just will not allow failure.

We don't have it and it sure isn't coming from the head coach.

He is scared of his shadow. I see 8 more months of winter.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A killer instinct inside a stud inside linebacker that would roam the sidelines screaming at people to play the whole game. Finish!

We need a true leader who just will not allow failure.

We don't have it and it sure isn't coming from the head coach.

He is scared of his shadow. I see 8 more months of winter.
And what exactly makes you think Raji is that guy for us? :confused:

Raji has been here for years. Had 1 great year and never met expectations ever again. He's been here though the the whole playing without a backbone years. I don't understand why people think he's going to bring anything new to the table if he's brought back. It's purely wishful thinking and unrealistic. Raji needs to not be brought back if other, and better, NT's can be found. The scarcity of players playing that position is what will make it hard, not replacing a player like Raji. Dude flashed in the pan already, ashes are all that is left.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji has been here for years. Had 1 great year and never met expectations ever again. He's been here though the the whole playing without a backbone years. I don't understand why people think he's going to bring anything new to the table if he's brought back. It's purely wishful thinking and unrealistic. Raji needs to not be brought back if other, and better, NT's can be found. The scarcity of players playing that position is what will make it hard, not replacing a player like Raji. Dude flashed in the pan already, ashes are all that is left.

Agree on all points. Add missing an entire season with a serious injury and I'd call it unlikely that Raji would be big time for us- or anyone else.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1: A stud ILB
2: Another ILB to put right next to him
3: A dynamic pass catchin TE
4: DL help most likely in the form of a rejuvenated Raji

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A leader in the form of a Reggie White or Charles Woodson, I don't care what position it is as long as he has those same leadership qualities.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
A leader in the form of a Reggie White or Charles Woodson, I don't care what position it is as long as he has those same leadership qualities.

Reggie effected everybody around him. He was a great motivator to his teammates. I think coach Greene had those qualities last year. It's too bad he resigned.

Members online

Latest posts