1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If you ask me, Favre will be back

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Remember, I said this last off season. Brett will play in 2007!

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    nobody asked this guy

and nobody asked zero either!

3. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    and the world at pf.com is a better place during ur 3 day vacations, take another

4. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent piece Z2C,

This one has been making it's way around the forums and getting a good deal of positive responders. I still think his decision will hinge on what happens in regards to how Ted Thompson handles this off season as it's just my opinion but I think he may be getting tired of trying to make something out of hardly anything on the offensive side.

Whether I am right or wrong it is nice to see Dougherty write:

"But it's up to General Manager Ted Thompson to come up with another playmaker of note, whether it be a receiver, a tight end or a running back. Favre needs somebody who draws extra attention from defenses.

Favre has spent 15 years making Packers players around him better than they were. Now he needs the favor returned".

As he is not the only one who feels this way. Cheers friend !!!

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I agree. It is on Ted now to give Brett a playmaker on offense. Ted did some good moves on defense, save Maneul.

I know we have K-rob coming. I think we need a bigger threat at the TE.

Bring Green back and Morency if he's not under contract.

I'd also like to see William and Miree back too.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    merry christmas, zero

7. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think Ted has really blown an opportunity to surround Brett with good talent in the last years of his career. Unless TT tells Brett it's time to cut the ties, Brett will be back as the QB next year.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Ted, not tittie!

How did Ted blow his oppurtunity to surround Brett with good talent? Brett early in the season said this was the most talented team he's been on, then said it was the least experienced team. I don't think talent was the issue if you take those words to heart.

Back to blown oppurtunity. What oppurtunities did Ted blow?

9. Joebediah

Joebediah Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Please, I beg you, have mercy on this thread.

10. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    How could anyone be against TT bringing more talent into Green Bay?

:shrug:

11. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ted, not tittie!

How did Ted blow his oppurtunity to surround Brett with good talent? Brett early in the season said this was the most talented team he's been on, then said it was the least experienced team. I don't think talent was the issue if you take those words to heart.

Back to blown oppurtunity. What oppurtunities did Ted blow?[/quote]

I think going into this season with three rookie offensive linemen and a center with one year experience, and no established wide receiver other than Donald Driver is the reason I think Ted blew this season for Brett. The other night when Driver was out of the lineup and we couldn't run the ball on Minnesota I was thinking who is this poor guy going to throw the ball to? And when Brett said this was the most talented team, he was talking crap. I don't believe for a moment that he meant that any other way than tongue in cheek.

12. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think Ted is against bringing more talent to Green Bay, I just think he went out on a limb at the beginning of this year. I would love nothing better for Brett to end his career with some quality around him. Right now the poor guy is playing with basically a rookie line, one wide receiver and virtually no tight ends who can catch the ball. I think that's a shame to ask one of the greatest quarterback who have ever played this game to play with that kind of talent and an abundance of money below the salary cap.

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Ted is giving the Packers a solid core of young guys instead of a core of guys who are ready to leave the NFL.

Look at his transactions since he's been the GM for the Packers. He (like EVERY GM) as good moves and bad.

14. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I couldnt agree more.

15. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at '94, '95, '96...

Wolf signed plenty of guys in their '30's' to play on those Packer teams..

(They weren't that close to being out of the NFL and they won a SB...)

Sounds like "ageism" to me...

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Thank you for this post. You just helped me prove my point. :)

17. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Care to let us know what point that might be..?

18. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Ooh. Nm. I thought you were replying to my post. If you were, you'd have known the point.

19. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I still don't get it..

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    You are superior to me though. How can someone of such superiority not get the point? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It was in Wolf's third year he started bringing in the 30 something yr old FA's after he built a solid core through the draft in his first two seasons.

That is POSSIBLY what Ted is emulating. He's done a lot to bring in young guys to create a solid core of youth an talent on the team.

This is the year he needs to bring in some solid FA's to compliment the core and to help get us over the top.