If we made the playoffs

Play Favre, Avoid Favre?

• I'd rather see Packers/Vikings round 3

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • I'd rather a different team took him out so we don't have to.

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Brett Favre and the Vikings SPANKED your team TWICE this year...

Are you guys GLUTTONS FOR PUNISHMENT?

It would be hysterical to see the Vikings whip the Packers one more time and embarass TT more than he's already been embarassed.....I hope it happens.

But you don't have to worry because the Packers aren't going to reach the playoffs....and the smart thing would be for you guys to get rid of those lame ***** TT and MM....but you probably won't, which is funny.

Why do you guys keep deluding yourselves about this team?

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you ever played the game for real (and "trainer" for the chess club doesn't count) ... you'd understand. Go do your nails or something

I played the game beyotch..was all-state too....

Have you ever played the game, Mary...I seriously doubt it..and Madden doesn't count, or gay fantasy football either..

dimension

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it would be beyond sweet if we went into Minnesota and beat them when it really counted

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Have you ever played the game, Mary...I seriously doubt it..and Madden doesn't count, or gay fantasy football either..
Are you 15 or something?

What is with the homosexual slurs in every one of your posts?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it would be beyond sweet if we went into Minnesota and beat them when it really counted

That will NEVER happen as long as Brett Favre is Minny's QB. Green Bay simply does not match up well with Minnesota. Of course, on any given Sunday, but who wants to make a living that way?!?!?:)

dimension

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That will NEVER happen as long as Brett Favre is Minny's QB. Green Bay simply does not match up well with Minnesota. Of course, on any given Sunday, but who wants to make a living that way?!?!?:)

This is why its always worth believing. I have (and Im sure everybody else has) seen teams win where they were never supposed to

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why its always worth believing. I have (and Im sure everybody else has) seen teams win where they were never supposed to

Does that mean you believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy also because it helps ya make it thru any particular day?

If that's the case, I don't have a problem with it. However, don't expect everybody to follow this modus operandi because some like me are all about realism and building fond memories instead of dreams.

dimension

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does that mean you believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy also because it helps ya make it thru any particular day?

If that's the case, I don't have a problem with it. However, don't expect everybody to follow this modus operandi because some like me are all about realism and building fond memories instead of dreams.

so you're honestly comparing believing the packers can beat the viks with believing in santa Claus? I don't think I need to go into that

beating the viks in the playoffs would be the 2nd best thing that could happen (behind winning the SB) thats why I would love it if we got them

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so you're honestly comparing believing the packers can beat the viks with believing in santa Claus? I don't think I need to go into that

beating the viks in the playoffs would be the 2nd best thing that could happen (behind winning the SB) thats why I would love it if we got them

Actually, I was driving at the fact you find yourself resigned to "believing". To me, that's never a real solid sign of confidence.

I hate to rain on your parade and don't have a problem with the notion of believing per say, just not when it comes to money and football - where I prefer facts and probabilities over hopes and dreams and beliefs.

dimension

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I was driving at the fact you find yourself resigned to "believing". To me, that's never a real solid sign of confidence.

I hate to rain on your parade and don't have a problem with the notion of believing per say, just not when it comes to money and football - where I prefer facts and probabilities over hopes and dreams and beliefs.

Believing we can win is not the same as believing we will win, all I said is that we can win and the chance of it happening even if slim is worth hoping we get the viks

reading your other posts it appears you are some kind of viks fan which would explain your attitude:viksux:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

My my, but aren't we a testy little man. We'll have to take your word for it I guess...all-state, division 7? .... but yeah, I did 8 years - 2 at college level and then found out I was a slow white farm boy. Decided to get an education so that I wouldn't sound like a dork on the internet .. you should have given that a shot too.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believing we can win is not the same as believing we will win, all I said is that we can win and the chance of it happening even if slim is worth hoping we get the viks

reading your other posts it appears you are some kind of viks fan which would explain your attitude:viksux:

yeah they tend to have an attitude. the lack of super bowls gets them a little upset :viksux:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it in the year 2004, when Green Bay beat Minnesota both times in the regular season and Minnesota beat them 31-17 in the postseason...I smell a turn around in that situation.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Was it in the year 2004, when Green Bay beat Minnesota both times in the regular season and Minnesota beat them 31-17 in the postseason...I smell a turn around in that situation.

Correct, however, back then those two teams matched up quite evenly ... alot more evenly than in this season ...

First game at Lambeau ended 31-34 (Packers won)
Second game at Minnesota ended 34-31 (Packers won, with a comeback win in the 4th quarter)

Both games was decided by a (winning) field goal scored by Ryan Longwell in the 4th quarter with less than 2 minutes left ...

The two games played this season, wasn't nearly as close as those played in 2004 ...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that the matchups were closer, but I'm saying that it's very possible to beat them especially if Green Bay keeps playing like they have been in recent weeks.

echizen20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that the matchups were closer, but I'm saying that it's very possible to beat them especially if Green Bay keeps playing like they have been in recent weeks.
nope, as much as the Packers have been playing well in the previous few games, the Vikings have been playing even better and their team overall is still better than the pack. Its still too early to even think about the playoffs right now with teams like the giants, eagles, falcons right behind the race, while for the vikings they are basically a lock on the nfc north and possibly first round bye/home field advantage. Also I just cant see the Packers going into the metrodome again and coming out with a win especially the way Favre is playing.

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the packers will win a wildcard spot if they keep playing like they are.the NFC is really bad this year so i like their chances over the falcons and either the eagles or giants will clinch a WC spot not both as i see the cowboys winning that division and the cardinals winning theirs and the 49ers are fizzling out despite a win over the jags

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings fans sound too corky for a team that lost to the Falcons in the 99 NFCCG, at home, as a 10+ point favorites. I thought that should have taught them...oh well.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Vikings fans sound too corky for a team that lost to the Falcons in the 99 NFCCG, at home, as a 10+ point favorites. I thought that should have taught them...oh well.
Lol. Agreed. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, Viking fans. 3 out of the last 4 years, the Super Bowl champion has played during Wild Card weekend.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Lol. Agreed. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, Viking fans. 3 out of the last 4 years, the Super Bowl champion has played during Wild Card weekend.

In all honesty, from what I've been seeing on several Packers boards and Vikings boards, the Viking fans are not acting a whole lot more different than most Packer fans were, coming off the pre-season ...

The huge difference here being that it has been a very long time since a team has been as "complete" on all three phases (well, the Vikings secondary is far from complete, however, they are getting the job done when needed ...) as this seasons Vikings ...

Not even the Patriots during their 16-0 (regular) season were this "dominant" in all 3 phases (it was mostly the Patriots extreme passing game that made them win all those games) ... And that is probably why alot (not only Vikings fans) are having very high expectations this season with good reason ...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Having them as 10 point favorites was BS anyway. How many times have you seen a team that is 15-1 be 10 point favorites over a team that is 14-2? It didn't make sense then and it certainly does not make sense now.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even the Patriots during their 16-0 (regular) season were this "dominant" in all 3 phases (it was mostly the Patriots extreme passing game that made them win all those games) ... And that is probably why alot (not only Vikings fans) are having very high expectations this season with good reason ...
Actually, their D was 4th in yards and 4th in PPG... The Vikings D this year is 8th in both.

And Wes Welker was pretty good at Punt Returns...

Pretty dominant to me.

Also, there was every week mention about the best teams of all time, and saying that that New England could be the best ever. Haven't heard such talk about the Vikings. Well, other than from Favre's mouth, that is...

Members online

Latest posts