If we land the 2nd pick do we take Bush ?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.. Bush would be a great pick if he's there. He fits the scheme and he can be used in so many ways. Most importantly he's young and healthy.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i say we do, but i think it would be a superfluous move. i hope we don't do it, because of how much we'd have to give up... but if we do end up doing that, we should pick up bush

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with out the slightest doubt....

1. he fixes our return game
2. he helps our receiving game
3. he adds to our running attack
4. hes a freak athlete
5. good kid
6. i cant think of anymore reasons but do i really need to

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but I would only make the deal after Houston has selected. I think Bush is the only player I would consider moving up for due to cost.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly we should if he's available. I simply can't imagine Texas passing on him though. They stuck with their inept QB so they've got to get someone else on offense that can make plays and score points!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My key phrase is 'this has bad news written all over it'

and that applies for this scenario

I was against all the Reggie Bush around week 12 before we even had the draft order figured out...Reggie Bush would be a great addition if he fell into our lap but...supposedly he had trouble reaching an agreement with the Texans, do you think his bargaining with Ted would go any better

usmpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way to get Bush, unless Houston passes on him, is to swap places w/ Houston, but the price might be too high [please, no "Mike Ditka/Ricky Williams" disasters, though the GM would never do that]. It would be great to get Bush, as my comment to the draft article said, for the same reasons Packnic said...

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where do you see that the Texans have agreed to terms with Bush ... I was under the impression that the sides were still a ways apart. Got a link ?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MORE CONFIRMATION OF WILLIAMS-TO-HOUSTON

Although the latest source linking defensive end Mario Williams to the Houston Texans at No. 1 hasn't said that the deal is "done," we're told that Williams and the Texans are extremely close to a contract.

Meanwhile, we hear that Joel Segal is pooping Pop Tarts regarding the apparent fact that his client, Reggie Bush, won't be the first overall pick in the draft. Bush's first order of business after the draft, we believe, will be to fire Segal.

Unreal.

i started another thread before i saw this one .,... sorry. but its a real scenario right now.... the thing is will NO pass on reggie bush ... and who the hell or what the hell are we gonna give up to get him

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is off topic but it thought this was pretty funny. I read that Gravy weighed in at 385 at the rams physical

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, didn't I say that the Packers are going to get Reggie Bush about 3 months ago?

I think the Packer brass knew that the Texans wanted someone OTHER than Bush... Thus, they worked him out when they did.

Now, I would say that Walker and our 1st rounder for N.O's 1st rounder.

Then We get BUSH.

BTW, why is this Bush thread allowed in and not mine?

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texans Will Take Williams Official

HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have signed North Carolina State DE Mario Williams and plan to take him with the first overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft. Williams becomes the second Texans number one pick in team history.

Williams (6-6, 291) becomes the first North Carolina State player to be taken with the first pick in the NFL draft. QB Roman Gabriel was the top overall pick of the AFL draft and went second overall in the NFL draft in 1962.

In three seasons for the Wolfpack, Williams started 34 of 36 games. He totaled 175 tackles, 55.5 tackles for loss and 26.5 sacks. His 2005 season will go down as one of the greatest in NC State history by a defensive end. He set school records in sacks, with 14.5, and tackles for loss, with 27.5. Williams’ sack total ranked fourth nationally and he finished second in tackles for loss.

Williams earned Freshman All-America honors in 2003 after recording 56 tackles (34 solos), five sacks, 13 tackles for loss, seven quarterback pressures, five passes defensed, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. As a junior in 2005, he was voted the Wolfpack’s Most Valuable Player by his teammates and was a consensus All-American.

Williams, who hails from Richlands, N.C., has been compared by many to Carolina DE Julius Peppers, who was drafted second overall in 2002. Following a stellar prep career at Richlands High School where he was an All-State and All-South selection, Williams’ high school jersey (number 82) was retired.

The Texans have spent their past four first round draft picks on the defensive side of the ball. DT Travis Johnson was the 16 th overall selection in 2005, and CB Dunta Robinson and LB Jason Babin were taken with the 10 th and 27 th in the 2004 draft. The Texans’ first pair of first-round picks were offensive players—QB David Carr in 2002 (1 st overall) and WR Andre Johnson in 2003 (3 rd overall).

Williams’ signing marks the second time that the Texans have had their first-round pick signed before the draft. QB David Carr agreed to a contract prior to becoming the Texans’ first-ever draft choice in 2002. The Texans felt that agreeing to terms with the top pick was important in order to ensure that the player will begin training camp along with the rest of the team.

Latest posts