Extend
Clay Matthews
Aaron Rodgers
Raji

Sign
Shields
EDS

FA

I had Richard Seymour listed – I think he can be had cheap and we could squeeze a productive year out of him. But will try to keep this closer to reality, no way TT signs a 33 year old DE who missed 50% of games last year.

Trade
The strength of this draft is the mid of round No. 2. I think the talent tier goes from 20-50. Why not drop back 15 picks or so and get a similar player? Unless an unexpected top tier guy drops, this is the way to go.

TT Trades back. Our 1st, 6th, 7th, for 2nd (#41) and 3rd (#71) from Buffalo. Buff wants a QB, in the first (5 yr rookie deal) but don’t want to use a high pick on him.

Draft

2A Jesse Williams Alabama NT/DE 6’3” 323 – a big guy who can move well. Pocket collapse type who can still get after the QB. Should help free up Clay and Perry to make more plays. I don’t think that he will be available here, but then again, I also like ILB Brown, Kawaan Short, Sylvester Williams, Datone Jones, Ogletree, Hankins, and Margus Hunt. One of em is bound to be there.

2b Travis Fredrick C UW 6’4” 312 – not as athletic as what you hope for – but I don’t know how athletic you need to be for a C. He is a mauler with attitude, and we could use more of that on the OL. Although he isn’t going to get out to the 2nd level and finesses block a athletic LB, he won’t get manhandled by a big ugly NT. MM has spoken of changing things up on the OL. I hope he meant to become more brawler and less finesse.

3a Le’Veon Bell RB – 6’1” 230 Michigan State - A big RB who can do everything well. Gonna shy away from Eddy Lacy – he had an excellent OL. Would like to see what Bell can do in our offense. Could be a potent weapon – good blocker as well as good receiver. Could add to the complexity and difficulty for opposing defenses. If we miss on him – and I think he may be gone, we go for Giovani or barring that -Miguel Maysonet at end of the draft.

3a Chris Harper WR – Kansas State - 2013 will eventually be known for top notch OTs and mid round WRs. There are a dozen names that could go here, Swoopes, Terrance Williams, Hopkins, Wheaton, and Bailey. Some of these guys will develop into borderline probowlers. I haven’t seen Harper in many mocks, and he is in this area. So, there you go.

4th Blidi Wreh-Wilson – Conneticut – CB He has some skills and athleticism. Could use the coaching that the Packers can provide. I really like Shields, House, and Heyward – we don’t need a CB, and that is with assuming Williams doesn’t come back into form. But I like the kid and think he will have a good career.

5th D.J. Swearinger – South Carolina – S Hard hitting and aggressive. Something our defense could really use.

5th Ty Powell – Harding - OLB – Versatile athlete has played defensive end, safety and finally linebacker. We need depth at OLB and I don’t think we have it. CM3 has missed time and Perry didn’t last his first season. Not sure how good the coaching he had at Harding – heck – I have no idea where Harding is. But I’m betting he is raw. But that’s okay. The Packer’s are a deep team and as such, I don’t think you go for players who are good, now. I think you target 'riskier' players who have a shot to be really great.

Team
QB
Rodgers, Aaron; Harrell, Graham; Coleman, B.J.

RB
Le'Veon Bell; Harris, DuJuan; Benson, Cedric

FB
Kuhn, John

WR
Nelson, Jordy, Jones, James, Boykin, Jarrett
Cobb, Randall, Chris Harper

TE
Finley, Jermichael, Quarless, Andrew, Williams, D.J., Taylor, Ryan

C
Travis Fredrick; Dietrich-Smith, Evan

G
Sitton, Josh; Barclay, Don
Lang, T.J.

T
Bulaga, Bryan; Datko, Andrew
Newhouse, Marshall; Sherrod, Derek

DE
Wilson, C.J.; Worthy, Jerel
Neal, Mike; Daniels, Mike
DT
Raji, B.J.; Pickett, Ryan; Jesse Williams

ILB
Hawk, A.J.; Manning, Terrell; Jones, Brad
Bishop, Desmond; Smith, D.J.

OLB
Matthews, Clay; Ty Powell; Lattimore, Jamari
Perry, Nick; Moses, Dezman

CB
Shields, Sam; Hayward, Casey
House, Davon; Blidi Wreh-Wilson

S
Burnett, Morgan; Richardson, Sean
McMillian, Jerron; DJ Swearinger

LS
Goode, Brett
P
Masthay, Tim
K
Crosby, Mason

Notable Cuts (or non-resignings)
Williams, Tramon
Bush, Jarrett
Jolly, Johnny
Starks, James
Green, Alex
Saine, Brandon
Grant, Ryan

Hope that Tramon returns to old form, but I have my doubts. Jolly – you can’t be out of football for 3 years and come back. Too many RBs. Sorry Bush – this will be so TT. Fans complained for years, and now that he ‘emerges’, we cut him.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Grant isn't signed so he wouldn't be a cut. If they draft a RB high, they don't sign Benson. I think Green gets another year. Tramon may be trade bait, maybe with Tampa to move up in later rounds? The TE they signed makes it probably. Don't think they carry 9 OL. Possibly don't draft the center, esp in round 2 or maybe Sherrod doesn't recover. I would expect OL sometime though. Don't mind the positions picked. Not up on all the players. FYI: http://www.harding.edu/ 915 E. Market Ave. Searcy, Arkansas 72149

Reaction score
I like the first couple draft picks. We need our team to get better against physical teams and we have to be able to run the ball some what effectively. I say our main concern is to hit 3/4 out of these positions in the first 3 rounds assuming there is no trade backs. Oline,Rb,safety,d line

H

HardRightEdge

Extend
Clay Matthews
Aaron Rodgers
Raji

Sign
Shields
EDS

FA

I had Richard Seymour listed – I think he can be had cheap and we could squeeze a productive year out of him. But will try to keep this closer to reality, no way TT signs a 33 year old DE who missed 50% of games last year.

Trade
The strength of this draft is the mid of round No. 2. I think the talent tier goes from 20-50. Why not drop back 15 picks or so and get a similar player? Unless an unexpected top tier guy drops, this is the way to go.

TT Trades back. Our 1st, 6th, 7th, for 2nd (#41) and 3rd (#71) from Buffalo. Buff wants a QB, in the first (5 yr rookie deal) but don’t want to use a high pick on him.

Draft

2A Jesse Williams Alabama NT/DE 6’3” 323 – a big guy who can move well. Pocket collapse type who can still get after the QB. Should help free up Clay and Perry to make more plays. I don’t think that he will be available here, but then again, I also like ILB Brown, Kawaan Short, Sylvester Williams, Datone Jones, Ogletree, Hankins, and Margus Hunt. One of em is bound to be there.

2b Travis Fredrick C UW 6’4” 312 – not as athletic as what you hope for – but I don’t know how athletic you need to be for a C. He is a mauler with attitude, and we could use more of that on the OL. Although he isn’t going to get out to the 2nd level and finesses block a athletic LB, he won’t get manhandled by a big ugly NT. MM has spoken of changing things up on the OL. I hope he meant to become more brawler and less finesse.

3a Le’Veon Bell RB – 6’1” 230 Michigan State - A big RB who can do everything well. Gonna shy away from Eddy Lacy – he had an excellent OL. Would like to see what Bell can do in our offense. Could be a potent weapon – good blocker as well as good receiver. Could add to the complexity and difficulty for opposing defenses. If we miss on him – and I think he may be gone, we go for Giovani or barring that -Miguel Maysonet at end of the draft.

3a Chris Harper WR – Kansas State - 2013 will eventually be known for top notch OTs and mid round WRs. There are a dozen names that could go here, Swoopes, Terrance Williams, Hopkins, Wheaton, and Bailey. Some of these guys will develop into borderline probowlers. I haven’t seen Harper in many mocks, and he is in this area. So, there you go.

4th Blidi Wreh-Wilson – Conneticut – CB He has some skills and athleticism. Could use the coaching that the Packers can provide. I really like Shields, House, and Heyward – we don’t need a CB, and that is with assuming Williams doesn’t come back into form. But I like the kid and think he will have a good career.

5th D.J. Swearinger – South Carolina – S Hard hitting and aggressive. Something our defense could really use.

5th Ty Powell – Harding - OLB – Versatile athlete has played defensive end, safety and finally linebacker. We need depth at OLB and I don’t think we have it. CM3 has missed time and Perry didn’t last his first season. Not sure how good the coaching he had at Harding – heck – I have no idea where Harding is. But I’m betting he is raw. But that’s okay. The Packer’s are a deep team and as such, I don’t think you go for players who are good, now. I think you target 'riskier' players who have a shot to be really great.

Team
QB

RB

FB
Kuhn, John

WR

TE

C

G
Lang, T.J.

T

DE
DT

ILB

OLB

CB

S

LS
Goode, Brett
P
Masthay, Tim
K
Crosby, Mason

Williams, Tramon
Bush, Jarrett
Jolly, Johnny
Starks, James
Green, Alex
Saine, Brandon
Grant, Ryan

Hope that Tramon returns to old form, but I have my doubts. Jolly – you can’t be out of football for 3 years and come back. Too many RBs. Sorry Bush – this will be so TT. Fans complained for years, and now that he ‘emerges’, we cut him.

A few notes to consider re: your roster:

- I count 53 names. Coleman will likely stay on PS. I think you could add another name.

- 9 O-Linemen is a tough sell. I'm all for "this is what I'd do, not necessarily what MM will do", but 9 is far enough outside reasonable possibility to warrant an adjustment. I believe Datko has PS eligibility left. I doubt anybody will sign him away. You could make a second roster addition if you move him to PS.

- 4 CBs is too light. One guy goes down and you can't get a decent poker game going in dime coverage. You also need to make sure you have 2 gunners...speed and tackling ability translate to CBs. And you want to avoid having the top 3 who play 65 - 100% of the snaps on that duty. Bush has proven hard to shake; special teams captain, one of the best gunners in the business since the late 2010 wake up call.

- I don't see M.D. Jennings in your safety group or as a notable cut. That looks like an oversight. He was the #2 safety when Woodson went down and McMillian was exposed as a liability in coverage. Based on the above, there's still one opening to use on a 5th. safety.

Other issues like T. Williams, Green, Starks...last year's walking wounded with something to prove...too soon to say.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I have Blidi in the 3rd and Swearinger in the 2nd. You do realize Swearinger and McMillian are the same guy right? Not fond of Frederick, but I like this draft.

Reiterations:

8 OL is probably max on this team, no way we keep less than 5 CB, Mcmillian Swearinger and Richardson all suck at playing deep so in no way can I get behind that, 3 QB is probably unlikely, Benson is gone.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok Amish so do you not see Mulligan making the final roster, or did you just forget him? I believe he does have some guaranteed money coming towards him this year.

If the Packers sign Mcclendon does it change anything?

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OL - I don't want to give any of those guys up
Mulligan - The bears cut him. How good can he be?
Swearinger = McMillian: Well, I like McMillian also. I think Swearinger brings more intensity/attitude
CBs : I agree, we probably will keep more than 4
Benson: I thought he looked excellent in the few games he played in.
McClendon: I like him. Yes, he would be on my final roster - think I would cut Wilson, Pickett or Neal. Whichever is having the poorer camp - probably Pickett if it is close, he is getting old.

I think we can expect there will be 2 or 3 UFAs that also make the team.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
OL - I don't want to give any of those guys up
Mulligan - The bears cut him. How good can he be?
Swearinger = McMillian: Well, I like McMillian also. I think Swearinger brings more intensity/attitude
CBs : I agree, we probably will keep more than 4
Benson: I thought he looked excellent in the few games he played in.
McClendon: I like him. Yes, he would be on my final roster - think I would cut Wilson, Pickett or Neal. Whichever is having the poorer camp - probably Pickett if it is close, he is getting old.

I think we can expect there will be 2 or 3 UFAs that also make the team.
I can't exactly agree with that one. Only mark I gave DJ over Jerron was that DJ is slighly more fluid.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Extend
Clay Matthews
Aaron Rodgers
Raji

Sign
Shields
EDS

FA

Trade

Draft

Team
QB

RB

FB
Kuhn, John

WR

TE

C

G
Lang, T.J.

T

DE
DT

ILB

OLB

CB

S

LS
Goode, Brett
P
Masthay, Tim
K
Crosby, Mason

Williams, Tramon
Bush, Jarrett
Jolly, Johnny
Starks, James
Green, Alex
Saine, Brandon
Grant, Ryan

I like your Williams,Wilson and Harper picks. I don't think Raji will even come close to an extension agreement.
I'm not a fan of Swearingen at all and I don't think Powell is someone Ted would be interested in as a 5th round pick.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe my worst effort ever. I usually hit 1 or 2. Once hit 3. But none? Shhhhesh.

Join the crowd of nearly everyone who mocked a packers draft this year. There was no way to see the trades on day 2 coming for sure. Having 10 picks on day 3 as well when we only started with 8 total.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts