If Scott Wells wants a big payday...

OP
OP
ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Length of contract will be pretty important with Wells. He's 31. A 4-year contract would be ok, but he and his agent may very well try to push for a 6-year contract because he knows that this contract will probably be his last.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will keep him...but he needs to start signing autographs for fans!! :p (i think he hates the fan interaction from the 2 times we have been in Green Bay)

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
No way we let him go. Not just because he's a great player and we need him, but we have more important issues to address in this draft than taking a Center with our first pick when our defense is utter crap.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have to waste our precious, only premium pick on replacing an offensive linemen, instead of addressing our serious needs (hello pass-rush?), then I will be pissed off and that will be bad for our team.

That is unless Teddy utilizes a cute little tool called FREE AGENCY and brings in DE Adam Carriker and OLB Manny Lawson, and/or OLB Jerry Hughes.
All of these guys were 1st round picks, and all of them are still well under 30 years old. They all would be immediate upgrades to our anemic defense, especially pass rush.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have to waste our precious, only premium pick on replacing an offensive linemen, instead of addressing our serious needs (hello pass-rush?), then I will be pissed off and that will be bad for our team.

That is unless Teddy utilizes a cute little tool called FREE AGENCY and brings in DE Adam Carriker and OLB Manny Lawson, and/or OLB Jerry Hughes.
All of these guys were 1st round picks, and all of them are still well under 30 years old. They all would be immediate upgrades to our anemic defense, especially pass rush.

Frank and his bromance with Hughes :roflmao:

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Wells is no spring chicken. You can draft a rookie and get better value then Wells. Remember it's a business.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they don't bring Wells back and don't sign a FA center, I personally would not draft Konz in the first round. You could probably get Mike Brewster in the 3rd or 4th round or David Molk in the 4th-6th round. I saw today that Mayock likes Philip Blake from Baylor who's projected around the 4th round. The talent drop-off from Konz to these other centers seems to me like it's a lot smaller than the drop-off in other positions. That being said, if Konz is our first round pick, I'm certainly not going to complain. I'm just forming a little bit of a draft strategy should TT call me for some advice during the draft.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wells is no spring chicken. You can draft a rookie and get better value then Wells. Remember it's a business.
You could but the ROOKIE would be a big drop off. Letting Wells go is a huge mistake. U keep him & give him a 5 yr deal & the Packers put an option in there where they can either pick up or decline his 5th yr.

Members online

Latest posts