If Packers vs Saints in NFC Champ.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cant wait to watch Brees throw 2-3 INTs and head right over to the Saints board for the explanation on why it happened.

Reaction score
I love this troll is talking about the packers and saints matchup. The only way they can get there is if they meet up in the NFC Championship game. I guess he doesn't remember when last year they got outed in the first round to Seattle. If I was him I would worry about the first game then the second then the third if the packers are in the NFC championship and the Saints are still left. Then we can talk about the matchup. Until then if this Troll wants to keep talking about useless stats and bragging rights that's fine. He is just making all the packer fans on the forum a reason to hate the saints. I don't want to hate the Saints, but this guy is ridiculous (Jack Torres).

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love this troll is talking about the packers and saints matchup. The only way they can get there is if they meet up in the NFC Championship game. I guess he doesn't remember when last year they got outed in the first round to Seattle. If I was him I would worry about the first game then the second then the third if the packers are in the NFC championship and the Saints are still left. Then we can talk about the matchup. Until then if this Troll wants to keep talking about useless stats and bragging rights that's fine. He is just making all the packer fans on the forum a reason to hate the saints. I don't want to hate the Saints, but this guy is ridiculous (Jack Torres).

Go to a Saints forum, they are barely talking about the game this weekend, its all about how much they hate the Packers and how Rodgers is sooooo overrated and the media hates NO.

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Lions beat the Saints and this will all be moot. The loss to the Flynn led Packers is going to have them all lathered up and on a mission to to make another visit to Lambeau for redemption. Stafford and Johnson are on a freakin' tear, and I think the Lions D line can shut down the Saints run game.

If that doesn't happen, they lose to the 49ers. The Saints have the toughest road to the Super Bowl of any team in the playoffs.

They're not up to the task.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go to a Saints forum, they are barely talking about the game this weekend, its all about how much they hate the Packers and how Rodgers is sooooo overrated and the media hates NO.

Some forums are better than others, but even the good Saints forums are pretty much putting Rodgers down I'm afraid. No surprise, but why talk about the Saints vs. Packers anyway? I'd rather talk about the Packers vs. the Falcons or the Giants.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think the Lions beat the Saints and this will all be moot. The loss to the Flynn led Packers is going to have them all lathered up and on a mission to to make another visit to Lambeau for redemption. Stafford and Johnson are on a freakin' tear, and I think the Lions D line can shut down the Saints run game.

If that doesn't happen, they lose to the 49ers. The Saints have the toughest road to the Super Bowl of any team in the playoffs.

They're not up to the task.

It is a tough road for NO. Even though it's tough to beat a team 3 times I bet they would have preferred the Falcons. The Saints just seem firmly in the heads of those guys no matter what.

Now the Lions.....thats an interesting one. The Saints could very well blow them out of the dome wit more experience and having the home crowd. But, the Lions really have nothing to lose here. And you made a few good points, after hearing all week that Matt Flynn is the next Tom Brady that has to fire up their D. Suh did not play vs. NO the last time and they committed a ton of dumb penalties.

The Saints offense is rolling lately but so is the Lions. I am really looking forward to this game and hope it's a good one. I should have known Detroit may lose even if Rodgers did not play, I don't think the Lions have won in GB since the early 90's right? Tough place for them.

I think I would lmao if the Lions won this weekend. Giants troll would be speechless and so would the Saints fans. However, I would actually love to see Giants at Green Bay for the NFC title game instead. It could be revenge for 2007.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
cant wait to watch Brees throw 2-3 INTs and head right over to the Saints board for the explanation on why it happened.

It would be because Brees has to carry the team and he can only do so much as one man.

On the other hand if it was Rodgers it just further proves he is a system QB. They would be system interceptions.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be because Brees has to carry the team and he can only do so much as one man.

On the other hand if it was Rodgers it just further proves he is a system QB. They would be system interceptions.

Yeah there is no talking to Saints' fans right now except for a few. The things that are being said on Saints forums about Rodgers are not worth reading.

It's fine to be proud of the Saints and Brees, but these fans have gone way overboard. They're practically ignoring the Lions and chomping at the bit to come up to Lambeau to show ROdgers and the Packers and the world how much better they are. As much as I like Brees, I'm starting to hate the Saints and their fans, and if they lose to the Lions, well, won't that be a rotten apple in their pie?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I like the Saints, but there is no way I'll ever post on their forums since the Super Bowl victory. They go from being a likable, respectful, appreciative fan base, to some of them are just so high on their ego they think they've already won another Super Bowl and the band wagon ones think they know everything in the book it's a depression reading just how bad they can get.

Just go to their boards and see how many posts there is saying "Thank you" for the 13-3 season, or how thankful and appreciative they are to have one of the best teams in the league right now, and you'll see what I mean. I bet you anything they are saying "We'd be 14-2 if we hadn't lost this game" or something else like it's not good enough. My folks are pretty disappointed the 49ers got a higher seed than them, but they don't seem give a **** at all, cause it's better than being a 5th seed lik last year and having to play every game on the road.

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says, having to play in Lambeau Field on a cold January day is not the business for a road team, particulalry a dome team. The frozen tundra is not comforting to a team who plays the majority of their games in a dome. Couple that with the crowd noise, it's going to be rough. I do think the D will be motivated particularly since Brees lit them up in Week 1.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Actually, I don't have a problem with thinking it's going to be the Saints vs. The Pack for the Championship. It seems the most likely to me. I don't think any of the other teams in the NFC have the fire power to keep up with either of these two teams.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, you are going to have a mix just like you would on any forum, but this may be put things in some perspective:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/olive-branch-lion-fans-219435/

That doesn't look like a fanbase that is overlooking anyone or whose ego has ran anway with itself.

Yes, but there are many more threads like this:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/flynn-record-setting-day-case-brees-mvp-[mega-merged]-219154/

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/my-case-brees-over-rodgers-mvp-219122/

And as for anyone who thinks otherwise:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/peter-king-article-219417/

I have my doubts as to whether the Saints fans will offer any such olive branch to the Packer fans. It's a "let's go up to Lambeau and stomp them" time. As evidenced here:

http://blackandgold.com/saints/39749-any-chance-giants-take-out-packers.html

etc. etc. etc.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I like the fact that except for NY, any team we face is a warm weather or a dome team. So the one team I DON'T want there is the Giants.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers keep the name of their stadium after their founder while the Saints sell out to a luxery car maker.
And not just any car that anyone can afford.
Now tell me which franchise is better?
The one who sells out or the one who keeps it real and connected with all of their fans?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/flynn-record-setting-day-case-brees-mvp-[mega-merged]-219154/

I have my doubts as to whether the Saints fans will offer any such olive branch to the Packer fans. It's a "let's go up to Lambeau and stomp them" time. As evidenced here:

etc. etc. etc.
Those "Matt Flynn shows that he is as good as Rodgers so our Brees deserves the MVP" shows how scared they are in regards to Brees maybe not getting the MVP.
I'm not worried and frankly I don't care who gets the MVP.
I'm more concerned about the Pack and A-Rod winning the SB.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

etc. etc. etc.

I don't see anything outrageous about those threads. In the first one, a poster predicted Flynn's showing against Detroit would result in pundits discussing whether Rodgers makes the team or the team makes Rodgers. In fact, that happened.

You have another where the OP makes his case for Brees as MVP. Not sure what the problem is there.

And a third that suggests a scenario where the Giants advance and then defeat the Packers. I think there is a similar thread here.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and I almpst forgot -- one that criticized Peter King for inviting people to send him tweets to make their argument for the MVP. Honestly, I don't know what his motives were but I do think some of these people think of ways to have their twitter accounts blow up with traffic. IDK.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and I almpst forgot -- one that criticized Peter King for inviting people to send him tweets to make their argument for the MVP. Honestly, I don't know what his motives were but I do think some of these people think of ways to have their twitter accounts blow up with traffic. IDK.

Nah, some of the media members genuinely have to flip a coin, so they were looking for arguments either way. Cris Collinsworth did the same thing over on his site- Asked for help deciding the post season awards.

As for this whole "Brees deserves MVP," sorry, but no. Rodgers played much better than Brees for the ENTIRE season, posting the best season long passer rating in NFL history. He also finished with one fewer TD than Brees, despite not playing for a game and a half because the game/season was already decided. Plus Brees had several games with multiple picks. Rodgers had none and led the Packers to 14-1 despite having the worst defense in the league.

As for the passing record, whoop de doo. Brady broke it too, and Stafford also had 5,000+ yards and Eli Manning was right there at 4,900+, so it can't really be that big a deal to break Marino's record. Besides, you could safely say that had Rodgers not sat for a game and a half when there was nothing left to play for, he would have, in all liklihood, broken Marino's record as well. He might not have topped Brees, but he would have been damn close.

So no, for this year, this season, Rodgers is the only logical and clear choice for MVP, and it really isn't all that close. And before I get labeled a homer, ask anyone who's been here for long than 10 minutes how honest I've been my assessment of the Packers. If Rodgers wasn't deserving, I would say so. But he is, so I'm saying so. :)

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Packers keep the name of their stadium after their founder while the Saints sell out to a luxery car maker.
And not just any car that anyone can afford.
Now tell me which franchise is better?
The one who sells out or the one who keeps it real and connected with all of their fans?

So, if the Saints tried to, oh I don't know, sell shares for let's say $250 a pop to make stadium improvements without taxing all the people, you don't think they would sell a couple hundred thousand of them?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, some of the media members genuinely have to flip a coin, so they were looking for arguments either way. Cris Collinsworth did the same thing over on his site- Asked for help deciding the post season awards.

As for this whole "Brees deserves MVP," sorry, but no. Rodgers played much better than Brees for the ENTIRE season, posting the best season long passer rating in NFL history. He also finished with one fewer TD than Brees, despite not playing for a game and a half because the game/season was already decided. Plus Brees had several games with multiple picks. Rodgers had none and led the Packers to 14-1 despite having the worst defense in the league.

As for the passing record, whoop de doo. Brady broke it too, and Stafford also had 5,000+ yards and Eli Manning was right there at 4,900+, so it can't really be that big a deal to break Marino's record. Besides, you could safely say that had Rodgers not sat for a game and a half when there was nothing left to play for, he would have, in all liklihood, broken Marino's record as well. He might not have topped Brees, but he would have been damn close.

So no, for this year, this season, Rodgers is the only logical and clear choice for MVP, and it really isn't all that close. And before I get labeled a homer, ask anyone who's been here for long than 10 minutes how honest I've been my assessment of the Packers. If Rodgers wasn't deserving, I would say so. But he is, so I'm saying so. :)

If you count rushing TDs Rodgers finished with 2 more TDs than Brees in 150 less attempts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts