If Packers vs Saints in NFC Champ.

Jack Torres

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I say not. I think the cold weather and being in out place would put the saints off balence.

Saints are comfortable in a Dome not a snowy -12 Degree weather outside.

Saints did not look good when they visited the Titans.

Cold weather games come down to running the ball and stopping the run. The saints have a clear edge in both.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weather could be a factor but Sunday a dome team(Lions) but up a lot of yards against the Packers. The anouncers said it was windy in GB for Sundays game and I think it was like 30 degrees. Not having Woodson and Matthews in there was a factor of course. But I don't believe the weather will effect the Saints as much as people believe. We just can't expect the weather to make up for a poor defense. Furthermore, we don't know what the weather will be like for that game.

I agree, people's main focus is that they cannot play in the cold and Brees is a dome QB etc. But I'm not taking them lightly at all. They had a few key players missing when they play the Pack back in Sept that are back now. Their defense has improved tremendously in the past few weeks.

You can't compare the 2006 Saints with these Saints, come on. The 2006 Saints are nowhere near this years team. And the Titan game was close thanks to one of the most worst officiating I've seen in a while in the NFL. It really shouldn't have been that close. Look, I tried to watch as many football games and I possible can from various teams and one of them are the Saints. So, I for one am not going to sit here and say if they get to that far that it's going to be easy and use the old "its cold" as my case. It will be a good game a much closer game that folks anticipate and either team could win it. However, home field is a major advantage!!

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited to, but there is nothing to do but wait for the games to see how it all plays out.

Eaxactly, it's all we can do. In the playoffs nothing is guaranteed, the Saints can lose to the Lions on Saturday. Who knows. Just wait and see.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me ask you this...

Which offensive line would you rather have?
I can't compare the two since I have no knowledge of that sort of thing and haven't seen any, except for the first game, Saints games.
I just watch the game and cheer. I don't get or get into all the Xs and Os types of stuff.
I'm more of an intuitive than analytical watcher.

Jack Torres

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't compare the two since I have no knowledge of that sort of thing and haven't seen any, except for the first game, Saints games.
I just watch the game and cheer. I don't get or get into all the Xs and Os types of stuff.
I'm more of an intuitive than analytical watcher.

Good at least you give reason for your gridiron ignorance.

Jack Torres

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh! oh!
I know!

The one that is on the highest scoring offense of the year!
Yes that would be the Packers.

Highest scorest team yes, by a hair. But since yall are so emphatic about turnovers you must know the Packers scored at least 6 touchdowns on defense. That means, geniuses, that the Saints scored the most points on offense not the meat Packers.

So if you want the o Line of the highest scoring offense in the NFL take the Saints. Sorry chumps.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That game last sunday showed you just how great the Packers are in cold weather when they let Stafford (A dome quarterback) throw 500 passing yards, so that beats the dome/snow theory down the door for me.

According to the press down here, the Saints are practicing out doors, as if they know they'll be going to SF or GB. Detroit is also a dome team and the Packers defense showed just how great they are against a dome weathered team in the snow.

I think it's a coin flip and it comes down to who don't turn the ball over, and who can run the ball. Quarterback protection is also another factor.

After the last few games I am convinced, if Stafford can throw for 500 over the Packers defense, I have no doubts at all, Brees could do it. And yeah I KNOW 3 guys sat out on the defense, but was that really a factor? Brees had 400+ against us in the season opener, so I don't buy that ******** one bit.

As far as defenses go, the Saints have been getting pressure much better in the last few games of the season, and their run defense has really limited some great rushing teams. The Pack struggles to run the ball, sometimes they don't even try to do it. I can already see Rodgers having to throw it 50 times a game like Flynn had to toss it 44 times just to beat the Lions.

One thing for sure, with this defense...I don't like the odds of having to score 45 points in every game to win it. A cold weather game is going to probably come down to running the ball, and the Saints have the edge right there.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
With Clifton healthy, I'd take the Packers O-line over the Saints now. It has proven it can protect Rodgers against two very good defenses recently. Now with Cliffy healthy, they also have experienced depth. I'm not concerned about the offense or the weather based on the last couple games.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
That game last sunday showed you just how great the Packers are in cold weather when they let Stafford (A dome quarterback) throw 500 passing yards, so that beats the dome/snow theory down the door for me.

According to the press down here, the Saints are practicing out doors, as if they know they'll be going to SF or GB. Detroit is also a dome team and the Packers defense showed just how great they are against a dome weathered team in the snow.

I think it's a coin flip and it comes down to who don't turn the ball over, and who can run the ball. Quarterback protection is also another factor.

After the last few games I am convinced, if Stafford can throw for 500 over the Packers defense, I have no doubts at all, Brees could do it. And yeah I KNOW 3 guys sat out on the defense, but was that really a factor? Brees had 400+ against us in the season opener, so I don't buy that ******** one bit.

As far as defenses go, the Saints have been getting pressure much better in the last few games of the season, and their run defense has really limited some great rushing teams. The Pack struggles to run the ball, sometimes they don't even try to do it. I can already see Rodgers having to throw it 50 times a game like Flynn had to toss it 44 times just to beat the Lions.

One thing for sure, with this defense...I don't like the odds of having to score 45 points in every game to win it. A cold weather game is going to probably come down to running the ball, and the Saints have the edge right there.

They are already outdoors NOW practicing? Sheesh. They have to be careful not to jinx themselves and look ahead.

In 2007 the Colts were practicing outdoors word was before they played San Diego at home "in preparation" for the Patriots the following weekend if it happened to get used to the cold. Oops. Because everyone in Indy and NE assumed it was going to be a rematch with the Colts and Pats in 2007 for the title game and the Chargers were just supposed to be the annoying road block in between the two teams. Once again, oops.

I am still not even fully convinced this Packers/Saints title game happens. Packers still have to beat a tough divisonal opponent. Saints would have to beat the Lions AND Niners.

Let's stop talking about this at times. It's a huge freaking jinx. It really is. This title game might very well happen but it's not a guarantee in this league.

I am more focused right now on the Giants and their unpredictability. I am so sick of the Saints and Brees already. I know what the Packers may get if they play vs. Atlanta or Detroit. But, the Giants could end up a tougher game then people think and maybe an even tougher opponent then the who dat dome patrol. And the Saints have TWO teams to worry about before they focus on GB.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it very hard to believe they'd be practicing outdoors looking ahead to anyone!
Teams do not look past anyone like that IMO.
Individual players sometimes do, but not team decisions..... what's the source here?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
They are already outdoors NOW practicing? Sheesh. They have to be careful not to jinx themselves and look ahead.

In 2007 the Colts were practicing outdoors word was before they played San Diego at home "in preparation" for the Patriots the following weekend if it happened to get used to the cold. Oops. Because everyone in Indy and NE assumed it was going to be a rematch with the Colts and Pats in 2007 for the title game and the Chargers were just supposed to be the annoying road block in between the two teams. Once again, oops.

I am still not even fully convinced this Packers/Saints title game happens. Packers still have to beat a tough divisonal opponent. Saints would have to beat the Lions AND Niners.

Let's stop talking about this at times. It's a huge freaking jinx. It really is. This title game might very well happen but it's not a guarantee in this league.

I am more focused right now on the Giants and their unpredictability. I am so sick of the Saints and Brees already. I know what the Packers may get if they play vs. Atlanta or Detroit. But, the Giants could end up a tougher game then people think and maybe an even tougher opponent then the who dat dome patrol. And the Saints have TWO teams to worry about before they focus on GB.

According to the reports on the radio last night, they are practicing out doors and have been for weeks now, they are using the talk of "They can't win outside a dome" as motivation, which is why I believe they will be very dangerous if they play San Francisco. Sometimes it's like Payton plays chess and sets up an end game to motivate those guys. In 2009, they lost 3 in a row before making the playoffs, and he had the motivation for them to go out there and prove everyone wrong that was calling them rusty.

SF hasn't beat the Saints since the divisions re-arranged, and the Saints are winless on the road in playoffs for their franchise history. If they do play in the divisional round, I think the Saints smoke them.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
According to the reports on the radio last night, they are practicing out doors and have been for weeks now, they are using the talk of "They can't win outside a dome" as motivation, which is why I believe they will be very dangerous if they play San Francisco. Sometimes it's like Payton plays chess and sets up an end game to motivate those guys. In 2009, they lost 3 in a row before making the playoffs, and he had the motivation for them to go out there and prove everyone wrong that was calling them rusty.

SF hasn't beat the Saints since the divisions re-arranged, and the Saints are winless on the road in playoffs for their franchise history. If they do play in the divisional round, I think the Saints smoke them.

ahahaha. The Saints are so cocky then. If the reports were true of Indy doing the same in 2007 to prepare for a game in NE ahead of time I have no doubt it was a cocky Polian move. And Sean Payton is cocky himself. Remember the Colts never beat the Pats in NE in the playoffs and everyone said they couldn't handle the weather.

And the Chargers still did not have their number yet. It was only 2007. Rivers was very new to playing Indy.

I will now officially root hard for Both the Lions and Niners. If they beat both the Packers better smack them right back down to the South.

Besides all the breaks fell the Saints way in 2009 so it remain to be seen if it can happen again for them this time around.

lol Saints. One game at a time here. Lions. Just focus on the Lions.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
POS Woodson better watch his back. He deserves a clock cleaning. I can't wait to play y'all again. Brees put up 400 yards with Collins so I expect 500 without him, and don't laugh cause y'all just let Stafford do it.

Seriously, 244 yards to Megatron? Parcells taught Payton it is a SIN to let a team's best player beat you. I think Dom Capers needs to take a class or two.

LOL!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cold weather games come down to running the ball and stopping the run. The saints have a clear edge in both.

LOL!

Run defense:

New Orleans: 12, 108.6 ypg
Green Bay: 14, 111.8 ypg.

Yup, a CLEAR edge right there, buddy!

I'll concede the run offense, however. Green Bay doesn't run the ball, though it's not that we can't. It's that we don't.

As for having to run the ball in the cold, you really don't. Rodgers has had some of his best games in frigid conditions.

Members online

Latest posts